Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gigafactory Berlin timelapse:

I like how they respect Elon's wishes and only film from the forest edge on weekdays.

Looks like paint shop is about 2 weeks away from being structurally complete (first dry-in, put they have already started to install stuff so that term is not really accurate).

Body-in-white is mostly complete, except for the section next to the paint shop and its walls. Final assembly is also mostly complete. Both of these should be at first dry-in in about a month.

Casting is about two weeks behind, and the stamp shop is a couple of weeks behind casting. For commissioning casting is probably easiest, then stamping with the paint shop being the slowest.

So it looks like in about a month most of the action will be hidden inside, just in time to miss the worst of winter weather.

In my opinion production matters far more than who is in the White House, bringing forward the ramp is worth billions in revenue which will dis-proportionally flow through to the bottom line.

While we are talking hypotheticals, I would like to see $10k refundable tax credit with only 1 lifetime credit per person. This would help get everyone who has never tried an EV an incentive to buy one and the impact of credits will gradually ramp down over time.

All incentives can be gamed. The one you proposed is even easier to game. I'd take one credit for myself, my wife takes one, and my parents each take one, even though they're retired! And don't even get me started about any small businesses that I may or may not start. I'm in the "remove all the fossil fuel subsidies" camp or at least a reduction of sales tax on EV's.

Last edited:
Not official but the AP is generally a fairly good benchmark. Fox also called it for Biden. But the AP and Fox get their statistics from the same pool and that's likely why both of them came to the same conclusion with their models. All the other networks have a separate shared pool of research.

It's theoretically not official until the secretary of each state declares a winner and the window of time allows for contesting the results passes. However most of the time its generally accepted before then.

Then again, this is 2020.

It's just mail-ins for both AZ and NV, almost certainly will favour DEM.

Just in case, best to flip PA, just to be sure...

Good news, MI margin was >1%, so no chance of a recount call.

While we are talking hypotheticals, I would like to see $10k refundable tax credit with only 1 lifetime credit per person. This would help get everyone who has never tried an EV an incentive to buy one and the impact of credits will gradually ramp down over time.

Missing important ramifications of the current implementation....
It's about accelerating ZEV. More ZEV (vehicles) the better. Limiting one per person goes against this. Also, the wealthy buy ZEV, keep for short duration, and buy again. This moves initially expensive ZEV downstream into the hands of people who couldn't initially afford them. If your goal is to promote / accelerate the sales and deployment of ZEVs, you wouldn't want to artificially slow that with one time use stipulation. I would argue that for vehicles > $75K (arbitrary #), the subsidy may no longer be moving the needle to promote adoption, since the discount is less significant beyond some price range to significantly influence behavior.

OT:
Is it just me who is seeing numbers everywhere?
77C03C36-F06E-475E-BAA1-C20085443DD6.jpeg

Right now I am hoping so. Otherwise we are off to a long road of court challenges.

I think Biden wins anyway if he gets Arizona and Nevada, Georgia is also possible.

A large number of ballots are due to come in from Georgia at 1pm AEDT. These will be mainly mail-in ballots, which have been favouring Biden. FiveThirtyEight predicts there are about 200,000 votes still to come in Georgia, and Trump is currently ahead by about 60,000 votes.

It is good for all markets and investors if there is a clear and definite result, with a minimum of legal action, and civil unrest.

I remain optimistic that will be what we get...