Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A screenshot for anyone who wants to laugh at "ConsumerWatchdog" without giving them views. Presently under 800 views, and 15 thumbs down. And they're acting rather childish in the comments:

tesla_hack.png

This is probably nothing, but I'm noticing TSLA calls creeping up faster than TSLA. Could be a setup for Monday rally.

Right on. I saw a good mix of puts and call in the earlier part of the day. But this is the action in the last hour. Notice the most recent buy:

upload_2020-11-13_14-50-47.png

edit: times are in CST.

edit: 407.5 max pain today?

This is probably nothing, but I'm noticing TSLA calls creeping up faster than TSLA. Could be a setup for Monday rally.
Current Prez scheduled to speak from the Rose Garden in a few minutes. Market likely positioning itself for a 'concession'. Market could see a sell off after-hrs if not. Either way, not likely to cause a large or a sustained move.

If this was real, why would they circumvent the typical hackathon/bug bounty process?

Tesla offers up to $15,000 for a documented vulnerability that affects their vehicle fleet: Tesla’s bug bounty program | Bugcrowd

Or last year at Pwn2Own, Tesla gave away $375,000 in prize money (including a Model 3) to a team that demonstrated a browser vulnerability: Hackers conquer Tesla’s in-car web browser and win a Model 3 – TechCrunch

If this watchdog is capable of proving their exploit, what incentives did they have to turn down the bounty rewards? My guess is they cannot prove anything.

There are many compelling reasons for security researchers NOT to participate in hackathons/bug bounties. Amongst other things, when you're in a hackathon/bug bounty, the company sets all the rules, including what they consider notable, when/if you're allowed to disclose the vulnerability, and how much they'll pay. It could be possible that they think the hack is worth more on the market versus what the company would pay.

That isn't to say that any of those reasons are the case here, but still: not being in a bug bounty program (which are a very recent invention) doesn't delegitimize security research.

Thanks @vikings123, where is this screen from, some brokerage?

No. It's from optionflo.com. There are a number of providers that track unusual option activity and I'm checking all of them out to see who has the best real time data. flowalgo, cheddar flow are a couple of others that provide similar service, subscription ranges from 50$ to 150$ per month so very pricy but useful if you are actively trading or leveraging options.

Like always options are risky and not something I will recommend for most investors.

No. It's from optionflo.com. There are a number of providers that track unusual option activity and I'm checking all of them out to see who has the best real time data. flowalgo, cheddar flow are a couple of others that provide similar service, subscription ranges from 50$ to 150$ per month so very pricy but useful if you are actively trading or leveraging options.

Like always options are risky and not something I will recommend for most investors.

Thank you for providing this useful data!

Reactions: vikings123
edit: 407.5 max pain today?
I figured we'd close between 407.50 and 410. THEY have to wait until after the Robinhood sell off so retail can't profit much from it. About an hour from close Robinhood automatically sells off everything you have that can not be covered. Once retail is out THEY can walk it around to what they want rapidly and sell what they bought/sold back from retail at profits. When an event like Robinhood's Friday sell off is that predictable THEY will use it to profit.