Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cathy doesn't have time to read this forum. She has a job. :p

cat-meme.jpg

Cheers!

A reminder to all the fund manager to stop reading this thread and get back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ INTERLUDE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you or a loved one suffering from Tickertitis?

Cases of a severe new disease is on the rise: Tickertitis can infect everybody over the age of 18.

At stage one symptoms are mild; decreased movement, dry and itching eyes, and rhythmic spasms of the index finger. As the disease makes its devastating mark, however, the patient will rapidly experience paralysis, keeping the sufferer immobile in an upright-sitting position. Head and eyes are fixed straight ahead. The only movement is a finger twitching every 2-to-10 second. The symptoms wax and wane in a bi-weekly period, with approximately five days of intense paralysis, followed by two days of softened symptoms, during which the patient will enter a depressive state.

As Tickertitis enters stage three, it will follow one of two courses. The terminal stage 3A is characterized by guttural roaring, crying, and foaming at the mouth. At this point the patient will move permanently into the bathroom. Stage 3A can be delayed by placing glasses such as those below on the patient. This will result in a short period of time where the disease will follow the 3B trajectory. The effect is, however, only temporary.

View attachment 611983

Stage 3B is milder; in addition to the paralysis, the patient's face will undergo changes: the muscles around the eyes will start to contract and the corners of the lips will rise higher day for day. The paralysis will be intersected by short but intense periods of random arm and leg movements, shouting and jumping. The symptoms can be alleviated by playing early 20th century polka for the patient. While Tickertitis stage 3B is not terminal, it is at the time of writing incurable; expect the symptoms to become increasingly more pronounced, ending with a very strong compulsion to buy islands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm very disturbed to see at least 7 of you think this is funny, I'm suffering quite badly from this affliction, especially now I no longer have to go to work, so there are no distractions!! I'm even suffering when the markets are closed as being British, I switch to watching the exchange rate changes! Arghh!!

Anyway, Happy thanksgiving to those celebrating. :)

Last edited:
Robert explains:
To me the big news is Tesla is building a China factory to build !!10,000!! Superchargers a year. We know earlier this year non-Tesla's were seen charging on Superchargers so this factory can make chargers for anyone. This is the kind of scale needed to get high speed charging more accessible than gas stations. No other car company even thinks about this part.

Did a test drive of Model X. But its just wayyyy tooo big for the European cities. Model Y would be perfect for me, however,
I am so annoyed that I don't need a car living in Berlin, but I really wanna buy it just to be a part of the revolution :).
My GF would probably not approve

View attachment 612017
It's ok as long as you can cover it with your tesla gains.

Let's keep it rational people!

Nov 30th is two half trading days away and S&P could conceivably do anything regarding the inclusion plan for December. I think there's a 99.8% chance they keep it to one of the two aforementioned options, but you never know. This game is rigged after all and there are no real rules.

I bring this up not to plan for the possibility of that .2% becoming reality, but to think about what the front-runners and day traders might do to plan for it. If I'm some unimaginative asshole day trader, with zero allegiance to any stock or any understanding of their underlying value, what's my chart-based move on Friday? Well I sell obviously!

Smart traders who got in to front-run when the inclusion plan was announced are up what.....~$150 right now? I think a fair share of them won't want to risk their entire pile of gains on a bizarre S&P decision Monday, no matter how unlikely. The downside of selling is you lose maybe 2-6% of additional gains after a ho-hum decision, but you protect and lock in the 40% you're already sitting on.

This could cross more than a few minds over the next two days and we could see a sharp selloff Friday/Monday with a massive rebound Tuesday. Highly highly unlikely, but just trying to envision a rational worst case scenario that makes sense through all the champagne bubbles. I would be very careful playing with call options for this week. And maybe have some dry powder ready.
So has it been established that no decision would actually be announced until later (I thought I saw a December date in another post that I can't find now like Dec 4 or Dec 12) - meaning likely no change in the status quo until that December date despite the November 30 deadline?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger