Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to (and do) believe this, but isn't Chowdhry regarded as a bit of a clown?

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1343571861649678336

Further Info: Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry said he is 100% confident that Q4 will be "blockbuster" for Tesla after his December 26th factory checks. Chowdhry noted that his checks showed that employee activity was "extremely solid" on Saturday.

Further, shipping and product were "extremely solid," his checks showed. Overall, Chowdhry said Tesla is an industry in itself and Q4 will be a "game changer."

EDIT: Looks like my recollection was correct.

Chowdhry is an eternal joke. He was one of the people who used to insist that all Apple products were huge flops. They refer to him as "Claim Chowdhry" ;)

"claim chowdhry" - Google Search

Last edited:
M4N1PUL4T10N.
Shocked I tell you.gif

Fun Facts:
  • If TSLA were on the S&P 500 index today, it would be ranked #67 by market cap
  • If TSLA shares reach $580 by the time it is added to the S&P 500 index, it will added at the No. 50 ranking of the 505 stock symbols which comprise the index
See the whole index by weight here:

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

Cheers!

Did a little time traveling within this thread. Post above is dated one year ago yesterday (so all stock price references are pre-split of course). My, how things have changed.

Marital advice?

Dan
My guesses were marital, merger, hiring a Mark Hurd type number 2 or political. Biden team could be poking at him about flexibility about unions, in exchange for incentives. I don’t see Elon hiring a stronger number 2, but he may want more freedom to focus on the big picture. Having a COO could let him focus on product and production design. Merger could be the X Corp idea. I don’t see any major guys that make sense at all. Marital makes sense, never hear of Grimes pestering for marriage, which would probably push him away. It could also be advice on breaking up, especially if there’s some acrimony.

too bad on the timing, Lt Casey could have had an Elon delivery.

My guesses were marital, merger, hiring a Mark Hurd type number 2 or political. Biden team could be poking at him about flexibility about unions, in exchange for incentives. I don’t see Elon hiring a stronger number 2, but he may want more freedom to focus on the big picture. Having a COO could let him focus on product and production design. Merger could be the X Corp idea. I don’t see any major guys that make sense at all. Marital makes sense, never hear of Grimes pestering for marriage, which would probably push him away. It could also be advice on breaking up, especially if there’s some acrimony.

Elon won't be "hiring" a No.2. It will be a promotion from within. Someone who has been there a while, knows the culture and intensity, already uses first principles to solve problems and understands how to work for Elon.

There is nobody outside of Tesla who could step into the job without being electrocuted.

Ford's head of electric vehicles throws shade at Tesla, saying the new Mustang Mach-E's 'roof doesn't come off'

Ford exec takes swipe at Tesla as the Mach-e is hitting dealerships. (Ford’s most important car in decades).

Here’s another innovative car released by Ford a few decades ago.

Ford Edsel: See all 18 models of the 1950s car that failed disastrously & lost more than a quarter billion dollars

“We decided to bring out a new make of car. An automobile more distinctive than anything on the American Road. This is the Edsel.”

Elon won't be "hiring" a No.2. It will be a promotion from within. Someone who has been there a while, knows the culture and intensity, already uses first principles to solve problems and understands how to work for Elon.

There is nobody outside of Tesla who could step into the job without being electrocuted.
As of now, No.2 is Jerome

Reactions: dc_h and Mo City

I wouldn't think that the Biden team would be looking at such small potatoes at this point but politicians rarely make sense to me.

Is Ellison an investor in SpaceX as well? I have to assume so. Starlink IPO planning could also be on the table. Still big, but not as big as X.

Edit, I see we may have found our new "spoon" type obsession.

Ford's head of electric vehicles throws shade at Tesla, saying the new Mustang Mach-E's 'roof doesn't come off'

Ford exec takes swipe at Tesla as the Mach-e is hitting dealerships. (Ford’s most important car in decades).

Here’s another innovative car released by Ford a few decades ago.

Ford Edsel: See all 18 models of the 1950s car that failed disastrously & lost more than a quarter billion dollars

“We decided to bring out a new make of car. An automobile more distinctive than anything on the American Road. This is the Edsel.”
How many Teslas had their roof come off? 1, maybe 5?

Ford has recalled millions of cars and trucks over the years due to fire risks. As an example (of many easily found by googling): Ford is recalling 874,000 pickup trucks in North America for fire risks

Ford shouldn’t be throwing stones.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Ford shouldn’t be throwing stones.

Indeed, Ford weakened their roofs to just above the old minimum of 1.5x vehicle weight.

Memos: Ford made Explorer roof weaker - The Center for Auto Safety
Current IHS standard is 4x vehicle weight for a good rating. Less than 2.5x is poor. About our tests

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/28/tesla-battery-fire/

A Tesla Model S erupted ‘like a flamethrower.’ It renewed old safety concerns about the trailblazing sedans.
-WaPo

Model S in Texas last month. Hadn’t read about this one until now.
The pack has dual overpressure/ fire vents to direct flames away from the cabin.
From 2013:
Model S Fire