Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod:
So, there were 28 posts about Bitcoin vs Tesla in this thread. Most from one person. Against my baser instincts, I moved them to the bitcoin thread. I really feel more like I should have just nuked them, to teach people not to respond to trolls. Speaking of which...

Actual moderator order, reiterated from many previous dictates: When there is an appropriate thread, put the post in it. Even if you're replying, your reply doesn't have to go in the thread you're quoting from. I'm losing patience. "This forum will be the death of me; either these posts go, or I do." -- Goscar Gwilde Rephrased.

I sold TSLA durring the S&P 500 entry.... Thought all the gains were priced in due to the 50% run up.
Please help!
I am having a hard time thinking I can still buy back in (although with allot less shares)

no worries. Buy it all back, and you are only down a third of shares. I did this..and it took me 8 years to read cumulate what I had, albeit I was naive and just trying to time the market, with ALL my shares.

Standard range model Y is now up for order. 244miles. $42k

Looks like 7 seat option is live, too

And of course, still no pictures of this elusive seat configuration! Forward or backwards?!

It does say USB ports, and the 2nd row slides forward, so gives indication of forward facing seats for both the electrical wiring and leg room improvement. Further, backward facing seats would need a stiff 2nd row for impact.

Forward Observer

My wife pushed up the date of our wedding ~ she is legal ~ to 30Dec73 as a tax advantage. As I reminded her of the event; I paused and I said “you paid taxes”? As an enlisted soldier, I never made enough to pay taxes. Same with part time work in conjunction with the GI Bill.

Today, today ~ as I was cracking crab for dinner, she expressed the desire to go on an around the world cruise. Seeing my penny pinching look as I turned on her; she said, “why not, we earned enough today for two world cruises.” Once I finish this I will review the brochure ~ what else can I do:rolleyes:
THIS! (when we can cruise again...)

“To sell or not to sell..”

Jeremy makes case that TSLA is still pretty cheap.

His revenue projection is not bullish enough. I think people will be extremely surprised at this revenue thing. Exponential scaling of deliveries means all revenue streams scales as such...honestly supercharging revenue alone by 2028 is Tesla's total revenue this year assuming $450/year spent on average.

Not sure if this was posted yet. BEVs captured 2% of the U.S. vehicle market in December, according to Ward's.

Tesla had 78% of that :D
View attachment 625414
So we are roughly about 8 years behind Norway. NORWAY EV SALES DATA | NORWEGIAN EV MARKET | WattEV2Buy

Imagine if Tesla captured 78% of worldwide car and truck sales in 8 years.

Seems like this could be in play as there just doesn't seem to be a compeditor in sight so basically, just auto revenue we could have something like 78% * 30k (conservative ASP assuming $25k M2 and possibly $15k India M1 and little FSD add on) * 90M auto + 2M trucks * $40k ASP = 2,100,000,000,000 auto + 800,000,00,000 = ~3T.

Obviously, Tesla couldn't make ~70M/yr in 2028 right? Tesla could make 7 new factories by say 2026 so that would make 11 at full production by 2028 with an average yearly output of ~3/4M. With how Tesla has been performing thus far, this seems in total play. And yes, Tesla can secure supply chain contracts...back of the napkin seems to work out.

The only way to waste truly stupid money on a desk is to take up woodworking and make one yourself. Between the garage addition, planer, jointer, table saw, and dust collection system you're looking at a solid 50k for that desk. Is that the kind of stupid you're shopping for?

dd0.png

(For the people who also didnt know what OG means, here is a link to the reference to this picture: Link
"when u accidentally look at someone and realize they were already looking at you.")

Last edited:
My “trading” desk is two leaves of our dining room table put together with legs. What the hell is that about?

Who has an awesome desk? What should I aspire to?

P.S. - I’m totally serious, and I can’t think of a better group to ask how to waste a stupid amount of money on a desk. If island shopping is on topic, then this sure is. I’m not looking for pics of you trading by the pool, I want an actual desk.
Best TSLA funded desk ideas

Joe's latest video predicts 8 Giga Casting machines for Austin like Berlin. Or perhaps 10, 2 more than Berlin.

My hunch is knowing the run-rate of casting could determine the peak production rate of a factory.
There is little point in installing 8 casting machines when 6 are more than adequate.

So what is the run-rate?

Giga Press - Wikipedia
The cycle time is ~80‒90 seconds,[2] allowing an output rate of 40‒45 completed castings per hour, or ~1,000 castings per day.

This corresponds to a posting I saw from China suggesting 1,000 castings per day.
2 castings are required for each Model Y, and the machines being installed may also cover future Model 3 production.

With 8 machines per factory that corresponds to 4,000 Model Y + 3 per day.

Ok, you guys aren’t picking up the vibe I’m trying to lay down on the desk thing. Some examples I’d consider are below. If I have to sit there staring at the ticker all day, I want to be enamored of it.

And drawers; it should have drawers.

View attachment 625487 View attachment 625488

I have a 60yr old Steelcase Tanker desk. Love the thing. Got it about a decade ago off eBay for a couple hundred. It’s lasted a lifetime and will last a few more.

THIS! (when we can cruise again...)

Had to bow out of 16Mar20 cruise:( Had to cancel one for this year tooo_O

We have two scheduled for 2022 ~ when am I supposed to get projects done around here?:(

Our first cruise was partially paid for by our tax incentive thanks to the 2017 Model X. I owe my partner in life a ton for tolerating my military career.

FYI ~ bought couple thousand in our favorite cruise line when it fell to $15 a share ~ my conservative stock.

Had to bow out of 16Mar20 cruise:( Had to cancel one for this year tooo_O

We have two scheduled for 2022 ~ when am I supposed to get projects done around here?:(

Our first cruise was partially paid for by our tax incentive thanks to the 2017 Model X. I owe my partner in life a ton for tolerating my military career.

FYI ~ bought couple thousand in our favorite cruise line when it fell to $15 a share ~ my conservative stock.
Celebrity doesn’t even list any potential cruises until November 2021.