Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Dan Ives agrees with Gene Munster TSLA will be $2K within 2-3 years if they "execute".

Folks, we all know 2020 is a one-timer. However, I believe we have at least 3-4 more golden years of exceptional TSLA appreciation because there are so many things in the pipeline that will gain traction.

Just gotta be prepared to accept the volatility along the way.
Because of Apple's coming entrance into the EV market, yesterday Gene pushed his TSLA $2500 forecast from 3+ years to 5+ years.

Last edited:
Porsche sells more than 20,000 Taycan electric cars in its first year of production - Electrek

Key quotes from Porsche & the article:

"Porsche released its 2020 results today and confirmed that total deliveries were down 3% in 2020 compared to its record year in 2019.

Porsche confirmed that they delivered just over 20,000 Taycan electric cars in 2020:

Taycan deliveries totalled 20,015 in 2020, despite a six-week pause in production just as the new model was ramping up, and despite many markets planning spring premieres.

That was about the original planned production capacity for the Taycan, but the automaker has been talking about ramping up production if it sees more demand."

Porsche sells more than 20,000 Taycan electric cars in its first year of production - Electrek

"Porsche released its 2020 results today and confirmed that total deliveries were down 3% in 2020 compared to its record year in 2019.

Porsche confirmed that they delivered just over 20,000 Taycan electric cars in 2020:

Taycan deliveries totalled 20,015 in 2020, despite a six-week pause in production just as the new model was ramping up, and despite many markets planning spring premieres.

That was about the original planned production capacity for the Taycan, but the automaker has been talking about ramping up production if it sees more demand."

taycan.png

Source: https://twitter.com/alex_avoigt/status/1348947705016553475

Several interesting replies to that tweet by @avoigt :

Mirek Bujna (Charge Now YT Channel)
@mirekbujna

·
3h
Remember, legacy auto says they sold 20K but that’s also counting in cars that are at dealers’ lots waiting to be sold. Therefore, the actual sale numbers are most likely lower than 20K.

Vytas Paukstys
@vytaspaukstys

·
3h
Replying to
@alex_avoigt
And almost 500 Taycans for sale on http://mobile.de versus 33 Model S for sale (year 2019 to 2020). Clear signal for customer satisfaction? If we take only Raven model, almost none are for sale in Europe.

I'm hoping today is the day I try selling my first covered call. I'll probably dip my toes into this pretty conservatively, go pretty far OTM with a short expiration. Not looking to get big premium right away, but instead looking to get some experience with how this sort of thing works.

Good luck.

It's ok, this is my first time too (really, it is).

In practice, it doesn't work like that. Because you have to sell enough covered calls to cover your tax bill with just the premiums in case the share price doesn't rise past the strike price. But if it does, then you have sold far more shares than you needed to, thus taking the problem you were trying to solve with this strategy (not wanting to sell any shares) and multiplied it many-fold. And the higher the strike you choose (in order to minimize the chances of the shares being called) they more shares you lose if they are called (because the premium is smaller and you need to sell more of them to pay your tax bill).

All you have done is traded the CHANCE to not have to sell any shares for the CHANCE that you might have to sell many times more shares than had you simply sold the amount necessary to cover your taxes.

There are no free lunches in this game.

I believe I had a fairly free lunch on covered calls on Monday.

‘When the share price had skyrocketed so quickly I was close to selling roughly 100 shares at $835 Monday morning. I have pre-determined lots of shares I’m willing to part with at certain prices.

‘The $83k would have been very nice to pad my cash buffer, but unnecessary at this time, plus my highest long term cost basis is ~$60, and I would rather sell my currently short term $425 cost basis shares, after they become long term.

Leap premiums were so juicy I sold 1 4-23 $900 call at $340.

1) if it gets called (by 2023 that should be the most likely scenario we all hope) I get $90k + $34k = $124k vs the $83k I would have received selling the shares yesterday. A full 50% more.

2) if it does not get called I get $34k or a full 40% of the full share value PLUS keep my shares.

3) If Tesla plummets between now and 2023, but eventually recovers, I can close out the call on the plummet possibly to keep most of the $34k and then resell the call it when the premium rises again.

I looked on it as a low probability that I might get 40% of the share price for free, or the higher possibility that I’d get 50% more than had I sold the shares Monday not even counting the fact that now I’ll be selling much higher cost basis long term shares.

‘So it was a great call in my case where the following 2 conditions were true:
1) I had already planned to sell 100 shares in the $800’s
2) I was ok with only locking in the $34k vs the $83k I would have locked in had I sold. Belief in Tesla long term.

I.e. when Leap premiums just a little out of the money hit an unbelievable 40%, conventional wisdom changes!

Last edited:
doesn't make sense to me, either. Tesla uses a ton of specialized (humongous) machinery. Is Tata going to purchase a gigapress and all the other specialized Tesla tools (not to mention the training required) just for some contract work, even if it's long-term? Also, what happened to "the factory is the product"? Elon was saying that as recently as yesterday. I don't think he'd turn around and rent from Tata the very product that he sees as Tesla's critical advantage.

But it's possible it makes sense in some way i'm not seeing.
My guess would be that some investors believe Tesla will have to partner. Don't see it myself, but since all the other car companies did, it's likely that many think that way.

Because of Apple's coming entrance into the EV market, yesterday Gene pushed his TSLA $2500 forecast from 3+ years to 5+ years.

What? That makes zero sense. The earliest date rumored is 2024 which is...3 years from now.

I too am looking to sell 1 or 2 long calls far OTM. Is it too bullish to think even if we’re +10% today and hit a circuit breaker.....that’s still too low to be considered a near term peak?
If we start hearing more concrete plans about a green new deal or similar legislation that could be a big wildcard.

Let me add some information

Porsche released to have 30k pre-orders in July 2019 and increased their annual production 2020 target to 40k.

They deliver now 50% of that target they adjusted later when realizing they won't be able to make it and call it a victory now

Judge yourself ... :rolleyes:

Not necessarily. We ripped through the 600s and 700s pretty quick, we might see something in the 700s again within the next few weeks.

After this massive run-up, I'm going to wait a couple weeks or so before leveraging up again with margin.

Day after Earnings could be a good day to buy in. Or maybe not. It depends. o_O

As a non-native english speaker, I can only guess what those words mean. I hope it’s nothing important that I should understand. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one here with that experience.
I think about the same thing when I read what that bird-watcher writes
"As a Southern Speaking Alabama Boy I can only guess what those words mean. I hope it ain't nuthin important. I'm purty sure I ain't the only one here that gits confused readin his writin."

OH and Roll Tide...which leads me to the price rising so well today. All those Yankee MM's were happy about their half-workibg football teams chances against a wore out Alabama team yesterday so they felt strong about controlling the Price of TSLA. They ain't showing their faces this morning...Roll Tesla! 52- 24. I reckon 4 teams in the SEC had closer games than OSU did... and they played an equal number of opponents as Alabama did.
OSU can hold their heads high...they are a middlin' SEC football team.
(Mods: I tried real hard not to...but like a fifth grader being first to class the day after the game and the teacher's not there I had to write on the chalkboard.)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and capster
Beneath the Las Vegas Convention Center, Musk-designed transport system idles

"Steve Hill noted the Boring Co. is financing the tunnels and that resorts will pay for stations at their own properties as the system grows. "It's pretty easily expandable," Hill said. "If we reach the capacity of that system as it's installed, it's about as simple as adding a road lane, except it's underground, and you've got infinite space to add."

He said the full proposed system from downtown to the airport would have as many as 600 to 700 cars and move 12,000 to 15,000 people an hour."

Apparently, the 1st tunnel was supposed to be unveiled right now if COVID hadn't occurred.

Sure glad it was a down day yesterday so i was super productive for work....back to the normal schedule today of watching $TSLA and hanging out at TMC :)
For real. I was counting on all this being done by the 29th, now my project plans are all f'd since I'm staring at TSLA yet again.