Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kelvin out with the details on China again today.
View attachment 633540

This is great, I didn’t even know they were making another SC factory.

But now the Buffalo factory no longer has to produce for the Asia (and possibly EU) markets, speeding up installations and possibly system upgrades from the OG V1 to the new V3. And maybe places like Hawaii will get one in Honolulu, and Alaska will start getting them up the highway so people can drive from the mainland through Canada and up there.

Posted in the GME thread, but may be of general interest...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/02/yellen-gamestop-regulator/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/02/02/yellen-gamestop-regulator/

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and other top financial regulators will convene amid GameStop stock craze
WaPo

"Bob Hockett, a professor of law and finance at Cornell and former New York Federal Reserve lawyer, said regulators may look at whether the identities of the traders involved in the GameStop stock volatility were transparently disclosed.

He also said regulators are likely to look at whether leading hedge funds were in violation of the rules on short-selling. Hockett also raised the prospect of imposing new oversight over some of the trading platforms, such as Robinhood, under parts of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law passed in 2010."
With such swift reaction function, I think we'll get inflation one day, since they are way behind the curve... BRRRRR

Fresh out of TMC jail for posting a gif of Kim Kardashian and calling fellow forum posters lemmings (unforgiveable, should have known better).

But ALSO my 3 is fresh out of the shop after I hit a guardrail at about 90 mph going over the pass in Jackson WY. Repairs took much longer than I would have liked, and when they were finally about done, my app announced that Tesla service centers would now be offering body and suspension work, which would surely have cut weeks off my repair time. :rolleyes:

But that's bullish for future service needs, and will make a difference; I wasn't going to make a scene about it because I'm still deeply invested in TSLA, but the slow service and parts delivery was blowing my mind, and was not up to par.

When it was all said and done, however, the car looked exactly as good as new. This is the only physical object I really have 'feelings' for. Somehow I love it more and more every day.

This is my baby in Yellowstone several hours and several hundred miles after leaving the body shop

View attachment 633614

That’s a nice .gif of Kim Kardashian in the backseat of your Tesla. I see you learned from your mistake and tried to hide her with that suit. Is that some extra wide custom executive seats to accommodate the rear of your passenger?

Model 3 with LFP cells: The big nextmove winter test

Detailed charging-report from Germany for the MIC M3 with LFP-Battery (all SR+ RWD).

(Including video with reports of people where i.e. the car goes from 14% to 0% instantly)

Main Takes:
- LFP still seems to be shaky & customers are used as "test-subjects"
- Dial-in of the BMS takes time & is much harder than with NMC (in China people got asked to charge up to 100% once a week)
- 440km WLTP-Range -> drops to 150km in Winter under bad circumstances
- 250km in winter under "good" conditions.
Thanks for that. Tesla really should be sending these to warmer climates it sounds like. Not really a good look even if they solve the problems quickly since first impressions matter.

Rebranding is full steam ahead in 4k.
I'm with Steven Markryan - their ad budget is our demand booster as first-time EV buyers do their homework. Bring on the ads, GM!
A search-targeted page helping those interested in GM to find an honest comparison between Tesla and GM by somebody good with websites and SEO (my skills stopped improving about 20 years ago) could help us leverage this free Tesla advertising. Wish I had the skills:oops:.

Even if, as @SOULPEDL essentially just pointed out, that Tesla cars exist and GM and Ford's are just vaporware.

Last edited:
Reactions: NooB_cat
I can't stop thinking about what the annual production of chargers from that factory will be and the difference that will make in the world.

Meanwhile, Biden will subsidize the production of more sketchy non-Tesla chargers for the short-bus auto manufacturers.

I'd like to see Tesla quietly build out the charger infrastructure to the numbers proposed by Biden before anybody else even notices and have met and exceeded those goals while GM, Ford, UAW and congress are still farting around discussing the needed tax incentives and subsidies - just so Tesla can give a hardcore smackdown to all it's inept competitors with their empty promises about 2035.

You can not make this stuff up. Wide shot of a cool looking SUV:

"Actual production model may vary. Not currently available"

Then what are you advertising???

With some perspective it's actually an extremely bearish signal. Reeks of desperation. GM stock should be down 20%.
Psst, it’s just more bailout positioning. Mums the word, right? Right?!!?? :confused:

A search-targeted page helping those interested in GM to find an honest comparison between Tesla and GM by somebody good with websites and SEO (my skills stopped improving about 20 years ago) could help us leverage this free Tesla advertising. Wish I had the skills:oops:.

I don't think we should compare a Tesla today with a gee-um distant goal. Save the compare website for 2025 when there's something to compare. :rolleyes:

I was told first hand that the entire lifecycle of a GM vehicle design to market was 5 years, maybe quicker now. This old story came from an employed GM Design Concept Engineer who shared his frustration with me on some random flight. He could craft up the coolest concept cars, they'd tell him to do this, but nothing ever got even considered - ever. He felt worthless and it left me scratching my head for the past 25 years now. So this EV transition for gm has to have them freaking out, having meetings with all their MBA managers, blah blah blah.

If anyone wonders why I have all these stories, I talk to random people directly and frequently... I have questions! This behavior came from Canada for certain. For one, we always needed help to push our cars up a hill or out of snowbank, but first we had to debate the procedure for the next half hour until our hands were frozen into some brilliant solution, followed by rapid continuous improvement cycles and a peace pipe in celebration. I'm sure the same is true in other northern regions, and I think it's why my US friends love people in Canada so much. Oh Canada! Scandinavia too I'm sure (thinking of @KarenRIE).