Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-2-3_15-48-11.png

Link: https://twitter.com/JayinShanghai/status/1356966184810385408

It means nothing.

Elon drops twitter for two or three days at least two or three times a year, and he provides prior notice once or twice a year, like June 1st last year. More recently he went also quiet a couple of days without prior notice.

This is completely the norm, but very often the media likes to freak out about it, as if two countries are on the verge of a nuclear war.

Like this morning in my newspaper (progressive and very pro-environment). There was a fracking full-half page on this, written by Agence France Presse (a bit like Reuters when it comes to systematically spewing falsehoods on Tesla), with lots of guesswork on the reasons written as they were facts (SEC and all), and producing quotes from whoever could show the most hatred for the man. Some California University Professor this time. :rolleyes:

Slow news day, I guess, was also a "headline" for The Brussels Times this morning o_O

Elon Musk quits Twitter 'for a while'

upload_2021-2-3_15-59-41.png

So has supercharger deployment been production constrained so far, that is: will they deploy all they can produce from now? Likely production rate should at least double when new facility has ramped up (very unlikely the new Supercharger factory is smaller that what they did at Fremont so far).

Other constraints I can think of:
- Getting site permits
- How much money to spend

The truth is probably a combination of all, but throwing money at the problem (having more people working on the permits) should help. So will number of superchargers go up significantly more from now on or will they ramp it up slowly?