Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, you had written, 'So far that is a pretty effective "severe cash" fud story line', which completely threw me...

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
How the hell does he know what everyone inside Tesla thinks....Gary is a blowhard.

I feel that he's trying to make something out of nothing. I get the impression that he uses his twitter audience to support his position - just guessing. Moving Jerome to a growing business is probably good use of talent.

I have found that if it is behind a car it will continue through a green light. If not a quick flip of AP stalk or touch on gas pedal and it will go through green light as well. I use it all the time on city street's...love it.
Yup. It will go if it has a lead car. Elon pointed that out early on. To me that says that the car knows it’s a green light but they forced caution.

I feel that he's trying to make something out of nothing. I get the impression that he uses his twitter audience to support his position - just guessing. Moving Jerome to a growing business is probably good use of talent.
Also, why do I get the feeling that Elon isn’t a “ill demote you manager” and instead is a “you are just fired manager”.

Here's the kicker:

TSLA down as much as 9% the day after battery day

VW up as much as 29% after power day

With headlines like this on my yahoo Tesla feed lol:

View attachment 644909
How many presidents are there within Tesla?

Seems something is in the wind related to titles.

Could this have something to do with X Corp? Perhaps the beginning of a title structure that will one day be a business group structure?
Something like Thermoelectron (about 30 years ago). Several public companies within one management structure. For example, Tesla- Semi: Tesla Energy storage and generation (including the charging network); Tesla automotive (Current models and others to come, plus Cybertruck; Tesla Financial (leasing company, insurance). There are many possible combinations, but if these companies existed as public companies right now, the aggregate enterprise value (and MC) would equal quite a bit more than the current EV and MC, IMO. Interesting concept.

and it would appear to me that Tesla wants to make trucking into a $75B business now that the auto business is relatively mature

Thinking out loud a bit... Could trucking buy into StarLink (a portion) and have an AI supply chain delivery service. This would be low scale initially but grow.

This would bring a portion of StarLink to Tesla investors, use AI, FSD, start the Tesla Network in the supply chain first, vertically integrate a disruptive supply chain business and probably more...

I feel that he's trying to make something out of nothing. I get the impression that he uses his twitter audience to support his position - just guessing.
Then why are we posting this guy's nonsense? A word leaves his mouth and 9 posters are scrambling to link to it all over TMC. We need a more focused effort on letting obvious click-baiters fade into the background.

This price action is frustrating, with the Qs up a percent and TSLA down 2.

BUT...looking at the bigger picture on the hourly below, we're still right in the middle of the bull flag that's been forming. Conservatively, it's got a 150 point amplitude, implying a move to 800+ if it breaks to the upside.

Consolidation after that +20% day is good. As long as we stay above 680 I'm not worried. Hopefully it breaks above 720 soon, but trying to predict the length of sideways trading in TSLA is a crapshoot. All in all, looking pretty healthy to me (which all but guarantees an immediate 50 point drop).

1615912309876.png

I suppose Tesla cares about Cannonball about as much as it cares about Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, of which Tesla/Elon post about.
I doubt that's an accurate assessment. With Tesla being put under a microscope for everything, there's a big difference between a closed course record and a record on public roads that requires breaking the law consistently in order to have a chance to win. While I'm sure Elon appreciates any publicity garnered by such events, there is no way he would get involved in sponsoring such attempts like Porsche and Electrify America did.

A Model S can probably beat the Taycan time. A Model S Plaid Plus definitely will be able to. It is just a matter of someone doing it. The above run wasn't sponsored by Porsche. There have also been many Tesla runs, not sponsored by Tesla.

No car maker officially sponsors ANY Cannonball run. Because these record attempts require law-breaking. But Porsche definitely provided the car knowingly for this run free of charge. If that's not "sponsoring", then you have a different definition of "sponsoring" than I do. Electrify America actually sent engineers to every planned charging stop on the route to service the equipment if needed and make recommendations for which stall at each site had the most reliable charge history and highest power. They did this knowing it was a Cannonball record attempt.

BTW Some posters are a lil bit too sensitive if someone post something where a Tesla competitor is not a complete POS.

I actually think you are off-base here. No one likes to have their record beaten but it's entirely fair game to point out the differences. Tesla has never sent engineers to the planned charging stops right before the run. That difference highlights the reliability differences between the charging networks. This is a very real differentiator that matters to normal users of the network. Discussing things like this does not indicate someone is "too sensitive". Not in any rational world.

“Supporting zero-emissions vehicle uptake via mechanisms to make new fossil-fuelled cars pay for the damage they cause is entirely reasonable and logical,” Tesla wrote in a submission in July last year. “The result can be a revenue-neutral system for the government.”

A rather interesting tidbit:

“Research by InfluenceMap, a lobbying monitor, found that carmakers “opposing higher climate ambition” have met the UK government more often than those that generally supported a faster transition. Between 2017 and 2020 the government met those opposed 209 times, compared with 153 for more supportive companies.”

Last edited:
I've been wondering why there is only news on Tesla's FSD/auto driving and NONE on other competitors? is it because other guys have only ONE sample to try? while Tesla has thousands?

This is because Tesla is so far behind everyone else in autonomy, in last place. It's the MSM's way of rooting for the underdog. ;)

/s

My bad - poorly written: I meant the meetings between Elon and Diess re VW acquiring Tesla at that time might sound far fetched. Tesla was on the brink of disaster if Elon was in negotiations. This wasn't widely reported at the time, and I can't find out where I read about it. This means that Diess must have seen a good deal of Tesla tech at the time. May have been at the same time Apple's Tim Cook refused to meet w/ Elon. We'll probably find out all these details in one of the 2+ upcoming books on Tesla.

Of course Guillen's intervention was brilliant, so much so that they used that same approach for SpaceX ramp up.

Elon would not have been interested in having VW (or anyone else) take over Tesla in 2018. That is just preposterous to anyone that knows even a little bit about Elon and Tesla's position at the time in question. It looks like you are still taking the FUD at face value. :rolleyes: