Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, how is this a 'leak' when Elon said during the 2018Q4 Conference Call that he expects Q1 to have a 'tiny profit'?

Only the Financial Press was forecast a Q1 loss. They were B.S.ing onJan 28 and they're B.S.ing now.

Tesla seen forecasting first-quarter loss after Musk warning | Reuters

Less than worthless: actively working against the Company. Short timers love'em 'cuz they move the stock, but since its known to be a lie, the SP moves right back.

How is this not illegal? Where's the SEC? Oh yeah, reading dank memes...
Elon did say they no longer expect q1 profitability on the $35k press call.

Actually, smaller cars do pollute less because they use less material and energy during construction, and less energy during their useful life.

The former is true, but the latter doesn’t necessarily lead to less pollution. In my case, San Jose just switched to 100% carbon-free energy sources, so no matter how much I charge my car, it doesn’t change the amount of pollution.

The former is true, but the latter doesn’t necessarily lead to less pollution. In my case, San Jose just switched to 100% carbon-free energy sources, so no matter how much I charge my car, it doesn’t change the amount of pollution.
Just to be "that guy". If you used less power to charge your car then more would go to offset your home energy usage. Of course, your driving habits are something people forget. A guy who drives an F150 30 miles a week uses less juice than a Prius driver who drives 500 miles a week.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Just to be "that guy". If you used less power to charge your car then more would go to offset your home energy usage. Of course, your driving habits are something people forget. A guy who drives an F150 30 miles a week uses less juice than a Prius driver who drives 500 miles a week.

Not sure I follow. 100% of my home energy comes from CO2-free sources(a mix of solar, wind and hydro-electric). That covers everything that uses electricity in my house, car or otherwise, and no matter how much of it I use.

They call them station wagons or breaks elsewhere. Different name, same vehicle. Sedans have probably died off as much as they are going to.

No, an cross-over/CUV looks like this:

alfa-stelvio-e1516540875225.jpg

Versus an estate car / break:

bmw5seriestouringcutout_0_0.jpg

There's still the pollution from the manufacture of the car. Smaller cars use less materials, and the small amount of waste heat difference. The driving is similar, but that's not the entire story.

I know this isn't a $NIO discussion forum, but I also know a few of you bought some as play-shares, I hope you divested from them already, I can see any reason why they would go up from here, nothing.

Not in any way advice, you understand.
Yup.
Thanks for the reminder. I had to go confirm that I had sold all of it!
Took that $ and bought some, let's see the slip of paper is around somewhere...TSLA! a few times, at $280-$283. A birdy told me this was a good purchase (or maybe it was a cat).
Not in any way advice. ;)

Yeah, a 10K+ block sounds like ARK Invest type of buying, though they're usually morning traders. Maybe somebody with ARK data access can comment, perhaps @Curt Renz

That buy broke us out of that '288' funk though, so thanks for that Cathie W... ;)

Cheers!

ARK Invest made no Tesla trades today. Those reports are normally distributed around market closing time. ARKK, their largest, most general and most popular ETF, closed up 3.48%.

Off Topic -- WATER IN THE DESERT -- shameless plug
Oh hi, I'm late again, by about a week and 3000 messages but I wanted to cast out a hook here. :oops:

It's my understanding that Tesla will build Model Y (and maybe Semi) at GF1 in Sparks and are thought to build some accomodations for the new workers since housing is already tight in the area. Which is a desert. :(

People need water, clean water. To drink, for hygiene, for cooking.

Now I happen to have a small holding (~$1k) in a new Swedish company that makes water cleaning machines. It is a form of low temperature membrane distillation that can run off, eg solar, waste process heat, spent cooler etc at low cost and readily scalable quantity. AIUI.

It seems to me it might be a good fit for Tesla to get into this water recycling thing for the new housing?

So, anyone here have Elon's ear? Maybe on Twitter? That would be great, thanks! :cool:

MOD:
No.

Elsewhere is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why 2025? All Tesla is missing is the 'Maxcells' and some production facilities. China can do that in 1 year. They are the obvious 1st market for the 'Model 2'. Add production at GF1 a year after that, once profits are rolling in?

Cheers!
Why people keep thinking that Maxwell is some sort of magic bullet/panacea to increase battery capacity?

Per video someone posted in this thread previously,

It's not.

Ultracapacitors can be helpful in quickly releasing and absorbing the braking energy, which helps short time performance, but not in storing energy, since they only provide a small fraction of capacity compared to current cells:
Screenshot_20190311-141747_YouTube.jpg

So, Maxcells will be helpful for Roaster 2, but not for Model 2. And who decided it will be called 2?

The 2nd technology Maxwell has is about manufacturing efficiency, i.e. cost, but not battery capacity.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Not sure I follow. 100% of my home energy comes from CO2-free sources(a mix of solar, wind and hydro-electric). That covers everything that uses electricity in my house, car or otherwise, and no matter how much of it I use.

Careful there, that fusion reactor you're using for power has a limited lifespan you know! :eek:
;)