Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was great, thanks! I thought the most interesting thing was that a new faculty member under Jeff has created a new positive electrode with no transition metals. I'm not even sure how that would work....no NMC materials....

Here is a youtube video link where Chongyin Yang talks about that research, and here is a research paper about it.

I asked my daughter if she could share any more publicly available info on this, but she only sent the above 2 links. She is currently a PhD student in Jeff's lab, so she is working directly with Chongyin.

She just received an offer from Tesla for a 4 month internship to work at the Kato road pilot battery factory on the improvement of the dry electrode coating process, starting end of April, so she will be involved in some exciting work, but she will probably not be allowed to tell me too much about that...

Last edited:
I've put up with a lot of crazy sugar on this thread today without busting a sweat, but I'm going to have to put my foot down on this crazy BS.

It ain't "beer" if it don't not got no hops in there! That's one fact you're not gonna be switching my mind about! ;)

You, sir, are on the wrong side of history I'm afraid.

Depending how strictly you define it, beer has been around for anywhere from ~8500 to ~13,000 years.... Hops only began being used in it for about the most recent 1000 of those (and even then not exclusively, though quite commonly).

Top-level (IMO):
  • 100 Percent of Shared Mobility is Zero Emissions  – As shared mobility services like bikes, scooters, taxis, Uber, Lyft, carshare services and others continue to expand in Seattle, the City will ensure those options are electric and emissions free.
  • 90 Percent of All Personal Trips are Zero Emissions  – To reach our climate goals, by 2030 nine out of ten trips must be taken by walking, biking, electric transit or in an electric vehicle (or avoided all together). 
  • 30 Percent of Goods Delivery is Zero Emissions  – As more and more of the goods we buy and the food we eat are purchased online, we are seeing growing congestion and pollution from transportation. This goal is aimed to spur the transition of private fleets to EVs, following the same goal for personal vehicles, over the next 10 years.
  • 100 percent of City Fleet is fossil-fuel free (Executive Order 2018-02)  - Continuing to lead by example, Seattle will operate a large municipal fleet with zero fossil fuels by 2030.

You, sir, are on the wrong side of history I'm afraid.

Depending how strictly you define it, beer has been around for anywhere from ~8500 to ~13,000 years.... Hops only began being used in it for about the most recent 1000 of those (and even then not exclusively, though quite commonly)
That's called a "malt beverage", not beer.

It wasn't called "beer" or probably more accurately "bier", or something like that, until it had hops in it. Get your facts straight man! This is probably a more important determinate of how much our TSLA shares will be worth in 2030 than what particular combination of elements battery electrodes are made of! Because people are not going to have much reason to live, consume energy and ride in fast electric transporters around if there are no hops in the beer when they arrive.

You use about as much logic in trying to prove me wrong about beer as you do when trying to throw shade on TSLA. When you say "depending upon how strictly you define it" (the meaning of the word "beer") your entire argument collapses. Because that's what we're talking about - the meaning of the word "beer". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Brutal effort today. Started out in a hole and it only got deeper, resulting in a blowout loss. This extends the pattern of alternating wins and losses to 9 consecutive games. The last month or so has really tested the patience of the fans, but loyal season ticket holders know that Team Tesla will eventually continue their winning ways and have a strong season.

Today
Score: 653.16
Margin of W/L: -48.65
Attendance: 33,369,022

Season
Record: 25-27
Total points in wins: 653.25
Total points in losses: -705.76
YTD gain/loss: -52.51 -7.44%
Avg points per win: 26.13
Avg points per loss: -26.14
Best W: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst L: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 4-6
Streak: L1

Brutal effort today. Started out in a hole and it only got deeper, resulting in a blowout loss. This extends the pattern of alternating wins and losses to 9 consecutive games. The last month or so has really tested the patience of the fans, but loyal season ticket holders know that Team Tesla will eventually continue their winning ways and have a strong season.

Today
Score: 653.16
Margin of W/L: -48.65
Attendance: 33,369,022

Season
Record: 25-27
Total points in wins: 653.25
Total points in losses: -705.76
YTD gain/loss: -52.51 -7.44%
Avg points per win: 26.13
Avg points per loss: -26.14
Best W: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst L: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 4-6
Streak: L1
Yeah guys, just remember that we are just a championship teamoff to a slow start, we are nothing like those New York Jets/Nikola

The human civilization has evolved around obtaining and utilizing energy. The hunter-gatherer stage humans were not much different from today's chickens or monkeys. Then came the age of agriculture and domesticated animals, probably 10x human's ability to command energy.

Then the large scale use of fossil fuels, first coal, then petro, and natural gas made industrial revolutions possible. 300+ years of human history with easier and cheaper energy from fossil fuels, generation after generation have hallucinated the human race collectively, unconsciously, and/or conveniently ignore the very source of fossil fuel energy, and to the same or even more extent, its negative impacts on all aspects of human lives and very much likely if the trajectory weren't be changed fast enough, the continuation of the earth as it has been. It takes time to unwind that.

Now the technology to source the original energy easier, cheaper and simultaneously much cleaner than fossil fuels has matured. The use of "new" energy in large scale starts, very slowly at T+00:00, seemingly not moving at all, but keeps accelerating and very soon, will reach the escape velocity of no return. The future of limitless energy as envisioned by Tony Seba is only one or two decades away. The number I look forward to is 3 - 3 TWh from Tesla.

Even more exciting is that, for the first time, human race is transitioning from energy-dominant evolution to intelligence-dominant evolution, or probably more aptly, from carbon based human beings to carbon-silicon based superintelligent beings.

There will one or two organizations that will win out in both: first the old one, making energy availability trivial (limitless energy at will), then superintelligence. I can only hope it won't turn into evil with so much power, whoever/whatever it would be.

Watching $TSLA SP fluctuating up and down is like the time distortion of human perception during high stress (On time distortion under stress, pdf) - every single tick changes our sense one way or another. But if we zoom out to the scale of ten years, we see a curve trending right and up, with a few spikes and dips dotting along.

Zooming out is an effective way to relax and enjoy the show.

Nice informative commentary. You provide two links to articles on distortion of time perception during stress; it turns out they are links to two different articles. The one that is downloadable ("pdf" in your note) talks about effects of stress but does not discuss time distortion at all. The "on time distortion under stress" link is to a site where the article is behind a paywall. Is there a way to access that article at a site without a paywall?

Not trying to drive the conversation OT so just a quick update on my 3
Insurance is calling it totalled and is offering me either
- $18K and the car back as is
Or
- $58K and no car back

I paid cash and have no outstanding liens.
Honestly pretty reasonable options. Gonna sleep on it. Lusting after my Plaid X and considering just taking the 58K and throwing it on the Xlines.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the 3 is actually more fun to drive than any X due to ground clearance, but ground clearance is exactly what screwed me here in the ROCKY Mointains.
Take the $58k. You might find your totalled car on the auction site, and you know more about it then the other bidders. You can bid on it if it is going cheap. But they are implying it is worth $40k.

I'm not huge into technicals, but I'm listening to this podcast and it is talking about the Elliot Wave Theory and I think we are in this part of the cycle where hopefully tomorrow finds the end of leg #2, but since it's a quad witching tomorrow....

EWT March182021.png

Reactions: ThisStockGood
LATEST Analysis on Tesla Smear Campaign
I realize that VW with Russia (relies on oil as income) are doing the classic smearing campaign, amplify and spread bad news “VIOLENT CRASH” and NHTSA investigations to tell uninformed public about it’s a danger to drive a Tesla with AutoPilot and to help Tesla shorts to lower Tesla share price. Their intention is to kill both Tesla sales, its maturing FSD and bring down Tesla stock price.

I will tell you that they will fail and will quit when Tesla keep delivering excellent sales and Tesla is successful with the FSD subscription with 2021 delivery and earning on Jan 27th 2022. Tesla customers are the smartest car buyers, doing research and ask current Tesla owners before buying so they will not be influenced by Violent Crash news. Tesla already clarified that Tesla owner is the one responsible for their driving, not the assistance accessory Autopilot/FSD. That’s why Elon revoked beta FSD if drivers not paying attention and intervene if needed. NHTSA did not publish any investigation result because the driver is the only one responsible for his car driving, NOT the assistance Autopilot accessory. When you use a cruise control and it did not slow down to hit the car in front, who is responsible? Only retarded persons will try to convince police that their driving assistance package (Autopilot) is to blame for the accident or traffic violation. Officer, I set my cruise control at 65mph but it keeps cruising at 80mph, please do not write me a ticket!!!! Mommy come help me!!!!

The smearing campaign only to help Tesla shorts to bring down Tesla stock price, but it is already establish its bottom at $650. People will find below $650 is a bargain and will jump in to squeeze the shorts. As I look at the VW stock price, often cited as VWAGY:
VOLKSWAGEN AG (VWAGY) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance

It lost $-6.38 (-15%) close at $35.95, Avg. volume 0.773M while Tesla Avg. volume is 40M at its lowest close at $653 with 2 heavy storms of “Violent Crash” and “NHTSA Investigation”. Tesla has $2500 PT by Gen Munster, $3000 by Wedbush Dan Ives in the next 3 yr, and $7000 by Cathie Wood.
So VW is bragging maximum everything for 2025 to become 2nd to Tesla. Are you severely retarded?

The high Tesla stock price provides a very solid capital of free cash flow to build more Gigafactories for EV and best performance lowest price 4680 battery. That’s why VW did a lot of bragging during its Power Day and boosting its stock price to become the most valued company in Germany, not Europe. It wishes to play the Tesla way, good luck old-man-never-change (OMNC)
VW has been dishonest in the Dieselgate in the past, so I have doubt on anything VW bragging, read it for yourself: Volkswagen: The scandal explained

A new Tesla short is identified as Lansdowne Partners fund manager Per Lekander having a short position on the Tesla stock and is bullish on German automaker VW (OTC: VWAGY) same as the s..ker Gordon J believing VW can deliver 1M EV in 2021 with its total EV delivery last year 2020 of only 134K vs Tesla’s 500K. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-going-down-2021-investors-084837278.html

Good news for Tesla Model 3: it outsells the Volkswagen ID.3 on its home turf.
Remember that Model 3 is an import in Germany. In Tesla home turf, Tesla has 80% of total all EV registration in USA last year 2020

Wait until Berlin Giga up and running in July this year 2021 and see how Model Y perform. As I read Consumers Report many years, cars from Europe: Land Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, VW Beetles, Jetta are at the bottom regarding new car quality and used car reliability.
Tesla Model 3 surges to #2 spot in Germany, outselling VW ID.3

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash and Hrtme