Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an idea for a moment from your comment.... what if I joined a VW or Toyota website simply to troll them about how much better Tesla is?

Then I realized since I already own a Tesla ... it would be like sneaking out of the house to get away from the my Swedish bikini team girlfriend to go flirt with an overweight employee at the DMV.
Respect.

Reactions: buttershrimp
I think the only other time Elon has used the phrase "> 0% chance" was in reference to zero intervention fsd drives. Zero intervention drives will become commonplace soon. This means that zero intervention drives will become a high percentage of drives. Not sure if he's using this to allude to the idea that Tesla has a high percentage chance of becoming biggest company.

/Reading too much into Elon's tweets

As previously mentioned, the 1-year Trendline Tractorbeam has been activated..........reluctantly pulling it towards $600 by the Dark Forces.
Indeed, the bottom of the 1-year trendline may coincide with the Lower BB early next week, so I think that will be both an enticing target for shortzes, and a strong support level for bulls:

sc.TSLA.2021-03-26.1-Yr-Trend.png

I think President Biden's speech on the $3T Infrastructure Plan on Wed, Mar 31 will be another inportant catalyst. We'd also expect the usual end-of-quarter 'window-dressing' sales on Wed, Mar 31st so that may be a headwind for Tesla this time around.

Since next Friday Apr 02 is a Stat. Holiday, there is only a very small chance that we get the report before end-of-day on Apr 1st. We likely won't get Tesla's Q1 2021 P&D report until next weekend (or before Market open on Mon). After that, I think TSLA short term movement will depend upon Q1 deliveries.

Cheers!

Edit: added 1-year trendline to chart since it looks so nice. ;)

Last edited:
Speculation abounds after the now infamous tweets of late and it literally can only mean one thing as there is only one thing that could catapult Tesla to 2T and beyond that quickly.

Tesla has solved FSD.

Ok, ok, I know how this sounds, but hey, we can speculate, can't we?

And honestly, I'm kinda amazed that I'm saying this as I realize how immense of an achievement this will be. While stitching together each frame for a 3D image is great and needed. I thought they would need substantial improvements in path planning, intent prediction and future road segment training. Anyways, here's to hoping!

Rob Mauer speculated that "Probably within a few months" was a respond to something else and accidently got linked with Tesla's valuation, hence was deleted.
I came to a similar conclusion, simply because there’s NO WAY Tesla will be the largest company for years. Thus, he either meant in a few months when v11 FSD is out in significant volume, then we’ll understand....or he replied to a completely different question. Either way the ambiguity resulted in deletion.

Elon's tweets and comments on fsd have been oddly bullish lately.

Achieving "real-world AI"

> 0% chance of zero intervention drives, then > 0% chance of biggest company

Pure vision approach

Big step change
Exactly, the tone and mood implies to me that he knows this is going to work and soon enough we’ll all know that too. Like I said, buckle up...

Speculation abounds after the now infamous tweets of late and it literally can only mean one thing as there is only one thing that could catapult Tesla to 2T and beyond that quickly.

Tesla has solved FSD.

Ok, ok, I know how this sounds, but hey, we can speculate, can't we?

And honestly, I'm kinda amazed that I'm saying this as I realize how immense of an achievement this will be. While stitching together each frame for a 3D image is great and needed. I thought they would need substantial improvements in path planning, intent prediction and future road segment training. Anyways, here's to hoping!

I want to believe Tesla has solved FSD....

...but then I watch this guy's videos, and I just can't comprehend how version 9 can make such a big leap to overcome these obstacles.

If Tesla can show the data that FSD is better than human drivers by enough of a factor to justify regulatory approval, wouldn’t that same factor apply to insurance? ie. If FSD is statistically 3x less likely to be involved in an accident, wouldn’t your insurance approach 1/3 of the regular rate (you’d have to use FSD 100% for full 100%) for collision related fees?

The catalysts of the coming months are getting interesting...