Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is going on in Netherlands this quarter? Last year Q1 4 manufacturers sold over 1200 EVs. This year it looks like not one sold more then 350. 6 sold over 350 last year. This is according to Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market
Change in BIK rules.

Cars are expensive in the Netherlands, so in the price range of Tesla model 3, few private people buy them new. It will be intere to see what Tesla is going to do when model Y enters the market. Less shipping cost, cheaper manufacturing, no import tax. Will they keep the price above model 3? We will need model 2 quickly. Batteries should become much cheaper for that though, as cars are used for holidays and people travel far. Short range would be a no no.

NY Post - this afternoon: Voltswagen was April Fools Joke

Excerpt:

By midday Tuesday, however, officials at VW headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany, told The Wall Street Journal that the press release and name change were merely a marketing spoof to raise awareness about the company’s first all-electric sport utility vehicle, the ID.4, which went on sale in the US this month.

“It’s a premature April Fools’ joke. It’s part of a marketing campaign for the ID.4,” one official told the publication. “There will be no name change.”

Excerpt:

By midday Tuesday, however, officials at VW headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany, told The Wall Street Journal that the press release and name change were merely a marketing spoof to raise awareness about the company’s first all-electric sport utility vehicle, the ID.4, which went on sale in the US this month.

“It’s a premature April Fools’ joke. It’s part of a marketing campaign for the ID.4,” one official told the publication. “There will be no name change.”
Doltswagen

Excerpt:

Jokeswagen

I'm thinking now we float up until the P&D numbers.
IF P&D positive THEN we continue floating up until the earnings report.
IF P&D neutral THEN we endure some additional declines until the earnings report
IF P&D negative THEN we get additional buying opportunities until the earnings report
(I have a little dry powder reserved for this >0% possibility)

I'm thinking now we float up until the P&D numbers.
IF P&D positive THEN we continue floating up until the earnings report.
IF P&D neutral THEN we endure some additional declines until the earnings report
IF P&D negative THEN we get additional buying opportunities until the earnings report
(I have a little dry powder reserved for this >0% possibility)

Shhh...don't give away the strategy to the bots.

• Funny
Reactions: Opus BC fan
This may materially affect Q1 GAAP net income via the 2018 CEO Comp. PlanMkt Cap for 11th tranche ($600B) likely achieved Tue, Mar 30, 2021Mkt Cap for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved Tue, Feb 23, 2021Mkt Cap for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021Mkt Cap for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link). Tesla applies significant judgement in declaring which tranches are deemed likely/unlikely, and how quickly they amortize them.

Tranches 1-4 have been Achieved and Tranches 5-7 have been deemed Probable (see table below).
The risk for Q1 is that Tranche 8 may be deemed Probable with either the $10B EBITDA or the $55B Revenue targets viewed as likely.
My Q1 forecast assumes that Tesla keeps Tranche 8 as Not Probable. If they change Tranche 8 to Probable, it would increase Stock Compensation expense by about $75m in Q1.

Edited to correct EBITDA target - I had stated $8B but should have said $10B

1617140267526.png

Attachments

• 1617139333563.png
    1617139333563.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
To all the weak paper hands holders that got stopped loss out at $600.......you now have the opportunity to purchase back at a higher price before it goes to $700 and then $800 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I assume paper handed holders when I put in buy orders. Knowing they are putting in stop loss orders and the MMs are going to push the SP to get those shares, I try to put in buy orders to take advantage. My $598 limit order today was based on this logic, and it worked perfectly.

Or maybe it was the bounce off support levels. 😁

...The 150-day TSLA simple moving average has proven to be a "support" level several times this month. It's currently near $593. That's strong technical evidence for a bottom being laid...
The nice up-day today was especially impressive in light of the macros moving down, treasury yields moving up and no significant positive Tesla news. Technically, a TSLA bottom appears to have been well tested and secured. :cool: