Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do think an interior refresh + a new charging port for Europe might be possible. Tesla at some point in time needs to make the switch to CCS for Model S/X in Europe.

I agree. So as a soon-to-be CCS-chargeable Model 3 owner I am somewhat worried that Tesla's upgrade of their Superchargers to CCS is done for so few of the stalls.

With the EU mainland CCS upgrade having largely been done (at 93%), the median number of CCS stalls on a upgraded supercharger site is 4 stalls (out of e.g. 10).

With a literal torrent of Model 3s arriving in the EU, I feel that this is too little, given my expectation that Model 3 will relatively soon outnumber the Model S/X.

I would like to believe that this is because Tesla will very soon open so many v3 supercharger sites in the EU that the existing ones will be a minority. Kind of in the same way that I would like TSLA to go to 600$...

What is your reasoning for that juicy tidbit?
It is really simple.
First, the market data proves definitively that the tweet in question was not material since it precipitated no market movement. That is a quite definitive standard, one which the SEC must apply if they pursue a civil or criminal action.
Second, if the SEC chose to pursue legal action claiming a violation, they must prove their assertion.
Third, if proof of immateriality is present, but teh SEC chose to proceed anyway, they must prove their own case.
Their own case allegedly relied on TSLA share traders providing evidence, which must be presented to prove their case.
Of course, if they wish to avoid discovery they can drop their case and void the original agreement that precipitated their assertions.

It's a civil action, the plaintiff has no alternative other than present their evidence unless they wish to drop the case. Their standard of proof is less in a civil than a criminal case, and the SEC has rarely pursued such cases, almost never in the absence of clear criminal action in violation of an agreement.

Maybe I'm just tired from lack of sleep but why would there be any Osbourning effect with HW3? If you pay for FSD, you get it and will get the hardware one way or another....regardless of if you order a S/X/3 right now that doesn't have the hardware in it. Why would it be need to be a free upgrade for AP owners when it's for FSD?

It's extremely plausible/likely that HW3 will improve the performance of AP/EAP features, too. I highly doubt they would throttle the performance of, say, Autopilot if you have HW3 but not FSD. At the very least, the native safety features will for sure be improved by HW3 because all owners have the safety features.

Think Autopilot in HW1 versus Autopilot as it exists in HW2+. It's the same feature in most regards, but HW2.5 AP handles a lot tougher situations than HW1 will. A huge increase in computing power will be just as important as the jump in HW2 sensor count.

Reactions: humbaba
1000x this. An accelerated Model Y production schedule would be a big catalyst in my opinion. Puts to bed some of the FUD surrounding involuntary CapEx constraint, moves up the timetable on new revenue streams, showcases operational competency.

Would be very big.
I don't know how much it would affect the market given that Tesla previously moved up the timeline for the model 3 with results that we are all familiar with. Maybe?? It certainly can't hurt, but I can picture the market saying, "again"? However, I think people may be underestimating the effect of an impressive model Y on its own. This stock wants to go up but keeps getting knocked down. It has not climbed much at all so far into the model Y reveal. Essentially, there has been no "buy the rumor" so far partly because of all of the other chaotic moves Tesla has made recently. Without a buy the rumor stock movement, there is no compelling reason to expect a "sell the news" response. In fact, if we don't move up above $300 prior to close tomorrow, I think there is a pretty good likelihood that the market actually buys the news this time. We'll see. Still plenty of market hours left until the reveal. I still expect some significant short covering prior to the reveal.

I don't know, this is a government agency we're talking about. The track record for government agencies being held in a negative light isn't real strong. After all, there are a lot more egregious actions the SEC has taken (or not taken as the case may be...aka short manipulation) that has gone unpunished in any way, shapem, or form. It would not surprise me if the court found in the SEC's favor. Not because I think it is right, but because I'm not totally comfortable with the American justice system. (I can say that, I'm an American lol)

Dan
Good points, I admit I am relying strongly on the integrity and competence of this particular judge. Were a different judge hearing the case I might have had a different opinion myself.

Reactions: neroden
It is really simple.
First, the market data proves definitively that the tweet in question was not material since it precipitated no market movement. That is a quite definitive standard, one which the SEC must apply if they pursue a civil or criminal action.
Second, if the SEC chose to pursue legal action claiming a violation, they must prove their assertion.
Third, if proof of immateriality is present, but teh SEC chose to proceed anyway, they must prove their own case.
Their own case allegedly relied on TSLA share traders providing evidence, which must be presented to prove their case.
Of course, if they wish to avoid discovery they can drop their case and void the original agreement that precipitated their assertions.

It's a civil action, the plaintiff has no alternative other than present their evidence unless they wish to drop the case. Their standard of proof is less in a civil than a criminal case, and the SEC has rarely pursued such cases, almost never in the absence of clear criminal action in violation of an agreement.
How does one file a complaint with office of professional ethics requesting the SEC lawyers be sanctioned for their frivolous move against Tesla that caused many of us material damages at the gain of those with malevolent intent against Tesla?
Anyone?
Ie potentially communicates with the judge prior to her ruling

The semi cab is sleek, the exact opposite of what I consider "steampunk" to be. Steampunk is usually an application of over the top unnecessary appendages, pretty much the opposite of an aerodynamic EV.

That's a Soviet era Kamaz truck (of the 43xx type), with what is most likely a jet engine mounted on top.

The army would mount such engines typically on heavier vehicles, for mine clearing, snow blowing or fire fighting. I have never seen a truck mounted jet engine, but the photo could very well be of an actual Soviet army vehicle.

How does one file a complaint with office of professional ethics requesting the SEC lawyers be sanctioned for their frivolous move against Tesla that caused many of us material damages at the gain of those with malevolent intent against Tesla?
Anyone?
Ie potentially communicates with the judge prior to her ruling
I argue that such steps would be appropriate if the judicial ruling goes definitively against the SEC. Absent a firm rebuke in the case it would be futile to complain, IMO. If there were to be a firm judicial rebuke, such complaints might not be necessary anyway. I am certain that others have sound reasons for a more activist approach. I would like to hear those also.

I’d like to hear a clear comparison of the Y and several so-called “Tesla killers” specs, complete with a FUD busting spec chart.

That is, by running down storage space, seating, range, acceleration, safety, etc., Tesla can quite clearly demonstrate most of these cars are sub-par Model Y category vehicles (I wouldn’t even say “competitors”) at Model X prices.

Wouldn’t expect the media to actually repeat this fundamental demonstration of how far ahead Tesla’s products are, but could be very helpful for Tesla to publish such a “Tesla Killer” false narrative exposing chart.

Well, if the information is projected on the wall behind the Model Y then it will be hard to avoid showing it...

haha, yeah, but come on....Bond is supposed to have the best car....no other EV out there can compare to the new Roadster....#moviefail already before movie is out.

When I see it in theaters, I will yell out loud, ‘Should have been the new Tesla Roadster!’

Hope it’s a lousy movie, just in case I get kicked out.

Well, if the information is projected on the wall behind the Model Y then it will be hard to avoid showing it...

TSLA looking strong today. I think we will see the same thing tomorrow, as shorts will be waiting until Friday to execute whatever plans they've been drawing up.

I'm sure Elon will feature some sort of side-by-side comparison stuff - even, videos of crash tests. He did that during the Model 3 reveal... can't recall if it was the Audi A4 or Volvo S60 but the rival manufacturer's car did very badly in that comparison.

Elon usually starts product reveals by discussing safety. Expecting this to be a highlight of the Model Y reveal too. There are lots of parents of small kids that will be watching, for whom crash safety means a lot.

When people buy Tesla because it is the safest car in a crash - versus, because it is BEV - we will have reached a great situation.

Last edited:
Thanks, that “steampunk” word captures the image I have based on the teasers from Elon: something similar to the Semi cab with a bed bolted on. And if so it won’t at all be a competitor to high end F-150s, but instead be something for the Hummer set that wants larger. And that means that Rivian will take the EV segment of the high-end F-150 market if they get there first. If I am not mistaken, EM has said that he doesn’t expect a lot of folks to like his monster pickup, and that would make a traditional pickup “later”.

So now I am wondering whether the EM steampunk pickup teasers might be intentional exaggeration to throw competitors off-balance, and that his first pickup will indeed be more like a cross between an F-150 and the off-road capabilities of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, which would hit my piece of the market right on the money and be serious competition to the Rivian R1T.

My understanding is that the EV Pickup/RV/Off-Road marked is HUGE, and not one that the MY will overlap much. Which means there is a huge upside to Tesla offering something that mainstream will buy, not just the Hummer set. Will be great fun to watch, and I hope a huge upside for growth and SP.

Who knows? Don’t care. I’ll be getting one. Maybe of each.

Reactions: humbaba and oneday
The semi cab is sleek, the exact opposite of what I consider "steampunk" to be. Steampunk is usually an application of over the top unnecessary appendages, pretty much the opposite of an aerodynamic EV.

133.jpg

That’ll work. I’m not picky.