Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could they sell Starlink to Tesla, and pay SpaceX shareholders dividends?

Then, spin off Starlink from Tesla in an IPO and Tesla shareholders would receive Starlink shares as a by-product?
(no idea if this could be limited to only reward shareholders of some specific minimum term held)
Somewhat OT but quickly before the market opens, I hear a lot of chatter on non-Tesla sites concerning bad cell/wi-fi coverage as one of the excuses for connectivity issues with Electrify America and others. I suspect Starlink could solve a lot of those issues. Seems the perfect solution for those out of the way DCFC's. I'm not fluent in tech but how do Tesla's never have this issue at remote Superchargers? My reception for nav/radio can be spotty in East Bumblefudge.

Nice little pop for da Open, wot?

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-06-24.09-30.png

Over 1M shares traded in the Pre-Market: (strong volume)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Jun 24, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Jun 25, 2021 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$675.18 +18.61 (+2.83%)
Pre-Market Volume1,042,858
Pre-Market High$678.01 (05:11:54 AM)
Pre-Market Low$658.211 (08:02:15 AM)

TSLA.2021-06-24.09-30.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
There are a number of aspects to 4680 tech revealed at Battery Day, there is no all or nothing component to their production, is there?

It has always seemed to me that others using the 4680 size format is no big deal. Even using Tabless would be aligned with the mission.

Tesla could keep Dry Electrode tech and production manufacturing in house or under license without hindering the expansion of 4680 production without these elements.
I suspect a lot of the legacy automakers will avoid the 4680 for some of the same reasons they never signed on to Supercharging. That would acknowledge that Tesla does something better than they can.
GM is all in on pouch cells with the Ultium lineup which they perceive as their trump card to leadership. Who wants to be the one to tell Mary Barra that she's going to need a bigger coffin for all the failed decisions to her credit. Lordstown, Nikola, Bechtel, Ultium, Bolt, Hummer, Lyric, Maven. I'm struggling to come up with something they did right. Maybe the EVgo partnership of putting DCFC's in urban settings will prove they have leadership qualities. Unfortunately, riding around in her Escalade, she's oblivious to the challenges of BEV's isn't driving around town.
Does GM really think the market for the Lyric and Hummer will be any bigger than their smashing success of the Bolt at 20k/year. That's their mass market offering at the most popular model segment and they have to practically give them away. What are they smoking in Dearborn?

Tesla related: Additional reason to buy a Tesla, reduction in Total Cost of Ownership & pollution as it can displace air travel.

Tesla is probably practical for many in North America compared to airlines. Part of my comments to others considering Tesla is that it makes Europe-wide travel practical without taking planes. Some might argue that trains are an alternative in most of Europe, but once you have a whole family & want to visit a few more remote places, long stays/tours or carry things to holiday home, a Tesla makes a lot of sense.

Environmentally, I suggest
Fully occupied train > Tesla > Empty train / bus (often diesel) > Aeroplane

I like cultures/travel/odd adventure.
I've been looking at what connectors/adapters I need to get from UK to China (Bering strait looks a little tricky, so skip Americas until Warren Redlich conquers the world with Boring Company tunnels). I'd love a Supercharger map by charger type. Rosneft are installing CCS in a few places in Russia, so CCS seems to be supported. https://www.rosneft.com/press/news/item/205687/ Kazakhstan's Tesla Superchargers have CCS. China seems to be GB/T - no idea of how to convert to CCS - granny cable across China would be tedious

I've been told I can get to Moscow ok (and there are plans for Supercharger routes from Poland via Latvia & Finland to Moscow but no dates on some charger installs eg "Novopetrovskoye - Target opening date to be confirmed")- but there to Kazakhstan will need some more research (but as it improves continually & as travel is now restricted, I'll wait to research - might be years before I try it). Meet The Man Who Helped Bring Tesla Superchargers To Kazakhstan and then what charger types are used where? "A Better Route Planner" ABRP can't even get me to Moscow.

If you can use a Leaf in Russia (reported by Tesla Driver Mr Fordal on his drive from Norway to Moscow)....

View attachment 677075
When I first heard of FSD about 10(?) years ago I immediately thought of how it would increase tourism but decrease air travel, and when Tesla Fans started pointing out they could sleep in an air-conditioned (or heated) space without the risk of dying from the fumes I realized even greater tourist activity could be created but to the fetriment of the Hotel industry.
A brief example...
The wife and I going to My College for a football game over a "week-end."
Right now:
Take off Friday from work, and recover from the trip Monday evening. FLying is not a cakewalk.
Airline tickets $500 ($250/passenger)
Hotel $600 ($200/night, three day minimum imposed by hotels for home football games)
Parking lot fee $40 ( $10/day x4) Car rental $200
The alternative:
Have a normal Friday evening, Shower, then climb in the bed of the cyber(nota)truck, wake up halfway there to refuel (if there isn't automatic refueling developed yet), refuel again Saturday Morning 50 miles from the School, eat breakfast. get to the tailgating in your coolest of cool cyber(nota)truck, Hang out, go to the game. Hang out some more. Eat with friends, climb in the cyber(nota)truck, go to sleep. Wake up to refuel. Arrive in your driveway Sunday morning. (Fuel costs may vary, can we agree, something around $100?)
So every "home game" you travel to you save over $1200.
AND YOU ARE IN BETTER CONDITION BOTH AT THE GAME AND WHEN YOU GET HOME. As well as having all Sunday to recover or do yard work, and you don't miss two days of work.

FSD and something like the cyber(nota)truck will revolutionize recreational travel to the point that new words will be created. In another scenario I talk about seeing 5 MLB games in five days at five different stadiums all for the cost of tickets and electricity. You sleep in the vehicle while traveling between stadiums...

So yeah, it is going to be disruptive to both the air travel and hotel industry.

Does GM really think the market for the Lyric and Hummer will be any bigger than their smashing success of the Bolt at 20k/year. That's their mass market offering at the most popular model segment and they have to practically give them away. What are they smoking in Dearborn?

Hummer is priced at Model X levels and will sell similar numbers. 50k/year. Even with zero sales in Europe.

Lyric starts $60k and will sell ~75k per year.

These are not mass market vehicles. These are the first two Ultium vehicles as the first of four ~30 GWh/year factories ramp up. eSilverado among others will be mass market.

Yes, Bolt is an econobox with a $15k premium and no $7.5k Fed Tax Credit vs very similar vehicles from the competition with a $7.5k Fed Tax Credit.

BTW Ford is headquarted in Dearborn. GM is headquartered in Detroit.

I've been accumulating all the way down from the 700s, through the 600s and into the 500s. All my purchases are recorded in individual, conditionally formatted cells. It's highly pleasurable to watch the wave of red turning green over the last couple of days. Many reds remain but they'll all be gone when we revisit 800.
Similar here. It has been great seeing cost averaging and malign market forces bringing my cost basis down over the last few months. I bought a few at $880 but a lot more down in the $500s after the SP tanked. I don't think I'd have had the stones to do that without the encouragement of this thread.

And model S plaid is still available for June delivery! Come on wealthy shareholders.. just how high does it have to be to convince you to drive away in this beauty?!
They'll be gone next week, lol. It's so tempting, but I do not need one.
I just booked profits from that play as well. 117% works for me.
It's a teaser, but but no Plaid for me. Cybertruck and an Electric Boat will take it... so where's the TMC party?

I picked up 2 calls last week and 4 more yesterday (thinking what am I doing buying options while the stonk is rising?). Up 60% and 33% respectively.
This is the first time I've owned calls in a long time. Lucky or what? Still held all my chairs (-25 to pay for all). It was just a hunch I guess. Hopefully I can still get SpaceX shares (feel like I sinned). 🚀🚀🚀.