Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thrilled to see the stock finally run a bit, but have been on pins and needles since the high 500s waiting for an extremely large amount (for me) of cash to clear. It was going to go straight into TSLA shares, and essentially 2.5x my share count. Unfortunately, the entities involved are taking their sweet time. :mad:

Oh well. Que sera sera.

Except the stock lifted off yesterday before that Tweet, so I don't think it's that obvious.

This is why options are pure gambling and so risky. Out of the blue, TSLA just starts taking off.
I don't think this is out of the blue. The SP was artificially suppressed for two months, and we are 6 trading days away from Q2 numbers. My brother wanted to sell covered calls a few days ago, and I told him to wait. I have been expecting this jump.

Just noticed in my inbox, Tesla hiring an Advisor in Glendale Az... I didn't know there was an office there. Turns out, it's a new Service Center as well announced in April and I suspect more are popping up all over the world (except Texas, sorry). Plus the 25,000 Superchargers and counting.

Everyone talks about what's needed for infrastructure or how many Billions it will cost. But Tesla just does it - for whole countries. Like Starlink from SpaceX, there's a theme here. The activity in Germany toward common charging, the US could come along a similar path.

Not sure I like the Gov't having their hands in power distribution standards, but getting everyone on EVs is more important so it's a testy trade-off. I'd rather see the auto industry align by itself, but that's like wishing for the lakes to fill in Az. But I figure if the entire global semiconductor industry can align on JEDEC Trays to carry parts, a charging standard SHOULD be easy once there is a will or need. But that's the prob. EV volume and margins for legacy auto are too low to pay for it internally, so they're waiting for the gov't or Tesla to figure that part out. I guess?

Think Tesla is going to fall short in Norway from having the top selling EV in Q2. Looks like the deliveries have stopped today. Maybe some additional still at docks. If not looks like 250 short right now an ID.4 will continue to get delivered the rest of the month. Still an incredible quarter and this was the ID.4 launch quarter and ID.4 sales have slowed. Q3 Tesla will be back on top, and likely by a considerable amount.

On the twitters, some one asked "why do this at the Porsche dealer and not at the Tesla SC down the block?". Here's the reply:

UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE on Twitter: "@Thomason__Will This is the big PPIHC party this year and who would turn down an invite to show a Tesla to Porsche guys and inspire new fans of Tesla technology!? We sold a lot of Tesla’s today here." / Twitter

E4m6b7AXMAQT_AP

That's not "guerilla marketing", that's blitzkrieg with a panzerfaust. :p

Cheers!

OK fellow advisors. 840 and 850 calls, Exp Oct '21.
Would you roll these into the future a bit more, or wait more?
Is that where everybody is right now?
I can't predict where it'll be by then, but the current trendline points to the low of the range being 812 at mid October.

Purely based on the trendline I would roll forward a bit (I currently hold a bunch of 850/900 call spreads for Jan 22), but fundamentals are great and TSLA breakouts are usually huge so it's definitely possible for it to be a big winner. Mostly depends on your risk tolerance

Please forgive my off topic post…

I’ve just added driving a Cybertruck across the Silk Road to my bucket list.

Dream bigger Jack - the Silk Road is only about 15 feet across.
Sorry for OT this old tired joke at the expense of our beloved neightboring countrymen, and also apologies to all flyers here: :oops:

"Phew! That was the shortest runway I ever landed on!"
"Yes, but will you look how wide it is!"
:D

Maybe a lot of people hate Michael Burry.
My Bitcoin Banking neighbor warned me about TSLA because of his short position right after he jumped in.
The movie started playing in my head, then I asked:

"How has he done since The Big Short?"
Crickets...
"Well, not that great..." he said.

This is my investor neighbor who hears my Tesla stories everyday, and still doubted them and trying to warn me. (But his wife works for Ford so I understand the dissonance.)

My Bitcoin Banking neighbor warned me about TSLA because of his short position right after he jumped in.

Crickets...

This is my investor neighbor who hears my Tesla stories everyday, and still doubted them and trying to warn me. (But his wife works for Ford so I understand the dissonance.)
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him listen to financial advise.

BTW Ford is headquarted in Dearborn. GM is headquartered in Detroit.
That's an odd distinction to make from someone in California. Dearborn is 3-4 miles from downtown Detroit and GM has facilities scattered for miles all around the greater Detroit area.

Were you once a postal clerk in Motor City by any chance? ;)

And the really pressing question: How much longer before only Jeopardy champions can correctly respond, "What is Motor City" in response to "Detroit was known as Motown which was derived from this nickname given to Detroit in 1911." ?

Last edited:

Crickets...

The poor schmo shorts TSLA to the tune of a half billion one month before a breakout. I think we found the new king of contraindicators.