Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the reason to put adapters at each supercharger site is to facilitate immediate access to the entire non-Tesla fleet. If Tesla only sells adapters to individuals, access is throttled by the rate at which Tesla can manufacture and sell adapters. Once Supercharger sites are supplied with loaner adapters, Tesla can sell them to anyone who doesn't want to fiddle with the loaners.

i think they have more captial at the moment than they can effectively spend ... Elon has mentioned this in the past .. just like manufacturing effectively deploying capital $$$ is hard ... until they announce more factories what are they doing with all the cash ..
Technically they could give some to me for the mountain utility.

I'm willing to throw most of my probability about this onto the China worries. Look at some of these new energy vehicle stocks. Xpeng down 16%. Li auto down 12.6%. That just happens to strike today. The CCP is on a rampage. Hopefully they already gave Tesla the worst of it in Q2 but this is what delays in Austin/Berlin/4680 do is make China even more relevant, especially as Tesla said that this is now their export hub and likely to be a larger producer at some point than Fremont. China is a perfect source for sowing FUD given its lesser transparency.

I'd like to believe that dented calendar rolls are the main issue with 4680 but I tend to be skeptical that's the main or only problem. Proof is in the execution with these guys especially with anything involving calendars.

I've been sitting here all morning with a big smile on my face just laughing at how good of a buying opportunity this is. The macros will rebound after this panic day and meanwhile, the price target raises are going to come flowing in, PE ratio will get updated on all the websites, etc.

Also, we just bounced off what I'm calling the "stretch trendline" - the line that TSLA bounces off when it manages to break through the main trendline.

This is going to be fun 😁

What do I win @Curt Renz ? :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20210727-114736~2.png

(Posting this prematurely in hopes I can be proven wrong by end of day)

A technical upside is, we remain in the wedge that's been forming all year. My observation has been wedges break harder to the upside when they develop all the way to the tip.

It's incredibly hard for me to imagine the wedge breaks to the downside considering these earnings + the growth ahead. There's just nothing to support a break to the downside because it would have to be corrected nearly right away because the P/E would start to become a factor (in that Tesla is doing so well with earnings that they're dropping the P/E drastically quarter over quarter and this will only increase in further quarters).

So I have to use logic and say we're about to break the wedge to the upside and place my bets accordingly.

Btw what's your estimation on timeline of the "tip" of the wedge. We gotta be mere weeks away from it, if not days

Last edited:
Yeah, as soon as Tesla can meet their own battery demand - so like a few decades from now or never.

Increasing battery demand beyond the immediate internal needs of Tesla is probably one of the safest ways to re-invest capital (vs. more aggressive expansion of automobile production) because battery demand is less volatile than auto demand. And a bountiful global supply of batteries furthers Tesla's mission on both the energy and transport sides without risking potential boom/bust over-expansion issues so I think one of the more likely outcomes is that Tesla becomes the largest battery manufacturer in the world. And a bountiful global supply of batteries furthers Tesla's mission on both the energy and transport sides.

In other words, I would not be at all surprised to see Tesla supplying batteries to others within a decade or two.