Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty nice support line over the last 18 months -View attachment 689583
Following that trend line puts TSLA at 900 by end of 2021. Just say'n.
I'm thinking we need either Berlin or Austin to start ramping (not just a trickle) which I expect by end of Q1 2022 for TSLA to breach ATH, however I won't complain if it comes sooner.
The head fake after 2021 Q2 earnings call was a classic case of the deaf leading the blind on Wall Street. Those of us on TMC know better. How many dozens of us called it for what it was, a blow out quarter of great results worthy of an increase in TSLA share price. This forum is the best.

This could be helpful:

Logging into your Tesla account and getting your settings on another Tesla including FSD subscription! There's also a reply to Whole Mars where Elon agrees cloud sink is long overdue.

'Roaming' profiles ain't a new concept. This might work out well to a degree which is dictated by the car compatibility level. Just move the profile storage out of the car.

I like this idea.

In 26 hrs if the SP isn't $647.32 I will feel like this move is for real.
I would expect that max pain has changed significantly today. Probably closer to 680 based on the option volume so far today:
1627582790703.png

Well maybe closer to 660... But we won't know until 7AM ET tomorrow.

Pretty nice support line over the last 18 months -View attachment 689583
Interesting that all of TSLA's gains have come in very short bursts after making new all time highs. No other stock chart looks like this. It's because the constant negativity from the media and analysts cloud investors' judgement, and the spell is only broken when new highs are made.

I think Trevor is innocent. He doesn’t seem smart enough to engineer a fraudulent bake sale. I’m semi-serious here. My gut feeling is that he was someone’s puppet
His history is slightly checkered and does include several questionable episodes, including at least one previous business failure and some sexual allegations and odd 'failure to complete' episodes. Check his wiki, as well as SLC reports. On the face-off it his primary previous success evolved the natural gas business.
Only from the wiki, it seems likely he is quite capable of engineering a fraudulent bake sale. I'm too uninterested to try to dig deeper. Were I one of those duped investors I might have quite a different view.

I think it is a demand issue. They installed a lot of powerwalls in Q2 so they are physically installing many of them, just not enough to meet the orders.

I'm not sure things will get better with Tesla Energy until the 4680's are in full production.

Quick update... I called the local certified installer. He said they are still waiting on Powerwalls that they ordered a year ago. Tesla has told them to expect delivery in Q1 2022.

He suggested alternatives from Generac (PWRcell) and LG. He said Tesla Powerwalls are the least expensive.

We will wait for Tesla to ramp battery production.

We waited almost a year for our three PowerWalls. Luckily ordered before Tesla stopped selling them separately )we have panels from the Solar City days).

The PWs were installed in May. Single best thing I’ve done for our house. They are light years better than the single Gen0 unit installed 7 years back.

All peak rate times are virtually either solar to grid + house or battery to house. Amazing.

His history is slightly checkered and does include several questionable episodes, including at least one previous business failure and some sexual allegations and odd 'failure to complete' episodes. Check his wiki, as well as SLC reports. On the face-off it his primary previous success evolved the natural gas business.
Only from the wiki, it seems likely he is quite capable of engineering a fraudulent bake sale. I'm too uninterested to try to dig deeper. Were I one of those duped investors I might have quite a different view.
Thank you. . .

Note to self: Do *not* buy cookies from Trevor Milton 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Elon has said the driver profile settings will be available to sync between vehicles, but I wouldn't think anything tied to the physical car, Acceleration Boost/FSD/Premium Connectivity/etc., would go with you to anything other than possibly a Tesla loaner. (That could give you access to the same feature on multiple cars at the same time while only paying for it on one, which would be a no-no.) The reason the loaner would be OK, is because your car would be in Tesla's possession so you wouldn't be using the features in two places. But that is more complicated, as it wouldn't be syncing your driver profile, but your car's paid for OTA options. I would think it would be automated on the Tesla service side, that when you check your car in that your options are temporarily enabled on the loaner vehicle you are assigned, if any. (Or they could just enable all features on the loaners and not worry about that complexity, which might encourage people to buy the options for themselves.)
Thanks for clarifying, I like the dangling carrot approach you suggest.

I seem to recall a time when Tesla gave everyone Freeway Nav AP for a while (and maybe some other things). We'll never know the uptake on those reveals. But I wouldn't be surprised if FSD shows up as a free trial for a few weeks or months. Ya wanna see some shocked folks (who still think FSD is like the old Summon parking lot mess) just freak out over how good it is?

So you're on the trial FSD just freeway cruisin, and you accidentally pushed it over 90mph and loose FSD. Now you have to stop the car - as if a punishment. So you pullover, put it in park, click drive, off you go! The reward here is DEEP as it subconsciously rewires your brain through this emotional connection with FSD.

Sure you might get the odd quirk that is easily avoided with a tap of the brake or just steer a bit differently, but personally I have found it refreshingly easier to drive with FSD, and with a higher level of confidence overall, and as often as I can. Here's my reality...

I know that when I use FSD, I will (99.99999% of the time);

1) Never hit another curb
2) Never stray into another lane
3) Never miss out on perfect light timing
4) Never just sit there at a green
5) Never worry about someone passing me while I'm changing lanes
6) Never second guess my mirrors - who needs them anyway (CT)!
7) Never worry I'm going to fly through a speed trap
8) Never hit another cone or pothole (hopefully)
9) Never worry that I'm lost or missed an exit on a road trip
10) Never hit a child, or a bicycle, or both.

But if any of these things do happen to me, I think I could be famous on YouTube for finding a new edge case, and the stock would drop as usual, until it doesn't. This is what gets the SP way past 901, and it's all coming very soon. Not Advice.

An old friend was puzzled that I wouldn't mind not driving my own car - he resisted the concept entirely. "It's the fun part right?" I had to agree I'd want this duality of options as long as I possible, but if the cost burden for the insurance is too high, we'll... I'd just save that solo drive for special occasions then.

We bought FSD together with our Model 3 in Oct 2016 after standing in line with about 900 other folks at that mall in Scottsdale Az, that day. A year later I sold my '63 Buick convertible partly because it was feeling less and less safe every day, but mostly I just didn't want to deal with grease or maintenance. Then we bought the Model Y with FSD, and CTs on order, again with FSD. I have no doubt in the value of FSD here, and like the vehicle will hold its value if not appreciate. It probably already saved our lives but just don't know it.