Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bezos tanking tech AH. QQQ down 0.4%. TSLA 0.5%

Exaggerate much? Of course the QQQ is going to be down because Amazon's marketcap makes up so much of it and Amazon is down 5%, but Tesla being down .4% is nothing. It was down more than that in yesterday's after hours. All of the rest of tech (Apple, FB, GOOG, etc..) are all just barely down. Not materials moves down.

Btw, Amazon is getting crush because their guidance was not good at all. It might actually draw money into TSLA since growth investors will look for other alternatives for their money as they cash out of Amazon and as we all know here....if you want growth....Tesla is the way to go . ;)

Amazon's earnings also illustrate how profitable Tesla is and will be. They did 7.8 billion profit.....but on 113 billion in revenue. Tesla did 1.5 billion profit on 12 billion revenue.

Last edited:
Posters were already politely told to take NKLA discussion to its own thread. Now they’re just being deleted.
I have to disagree with you on deleting the posts about the Nikola lawsuit against Tesla. That is specifically Tesla, and TSLA, related and as such should be allowed to be discussed in this thread.

No, it does not. And as you’ve been posting too much today on the wrong forum, even were you right you’d still be wrong.
Got it, so something that could require Tesla to be required to redesign the Semi or pay large licensing fees to Nikola have no relevance to TSLA. :eek:

They're only asking for damages in excess of $2 Billion. That can't possibly impact that value of the stock could it?

Last edited:
Fun to watch just how far ahead is the Plaid in the race.

Sheesh, I can see the 1999 Oldsmobile Alero on the left, but where's the Porch?

maxresdefault.jpg

/s

Cheers!

I know that when I use FSD, I will (99.99999% of the time);

1) Never hit another curb
2) Never stray into another lane
3) Never miss out on perfect light timing
4) Never just sit there at a green
5) Never worry about someone passing me while I'm changing lanes
6) Never second guess my mirrors - who needs them anyway (CT)!
7) Never worry I'm going to fly through a speed trap
8) Never hit another cone or pothole (hopefully)
9) Never worry that I'm lost or missed an exit on a road trip
10) Never hit a child, or a bicycle, or both.

As much as I would like this to be true, I think it's not there yet (pre-FSD Beta 9, anyway).

I just took a 2-day road trip with Navigate on AP on pretty much the whole time. There were some wrinkles. It liked to declare its intention to change lanes, put the blinker on, and wait waaaay too long to execute. Several times I'd be watching a car approaching at like +10mph in the lane it was going to change into, and it would cheerfully wait until the car was nearly caught up and then try to cut it off. Another wrinkle was when it would be coming up behind a truck at like +1mph, with a car approaching in the left lane at +5mph or more, and it would try to execute the lane change waaaay before it caught up to the truck, thereby forcing the approach car to slow way down and wait a really long time for it to execute the pass and change lanes. Then, it seemed like maybe 1 in 10 times it should have changed lanes, it just wouldn't decide to. If I put on the blinker then it would change, and subsequent changes worked fine. I never figured out whether there were particular circumstances that caused it to not try to change lanes (passing lane clear, -1mph to -5mph compared to vehicle in front...) One time I guess the sun made the dashed lane lines look solid due to a strip of tar where they had joined two paving strips. Only once in the whole two days did it start a lane change and then abort, and maybe two of three times it braked for poor reasons (thinking a truck was coming into its lane when it wasn't, or seeing traffic in a merging on-ramp and braking even though the ramp lane was still 10 feet away from the rest of the highway). Once I intervened to avoid a cone... there was a coned-off lane which it respected, except the cones were placed 6-12 inches into our travel lane, and when one was more like 18-24 inches into the lane, it looked like we were going to clip it. Also, I guess, once it followed some cones that resulting in us driving half in a lane and half on the shoulder, but the lane-departure warning went bananas so while we were driving the right place it was like having a screaming toddler in the car.

Bottom line, I was still happy to have it compared to the incessant beeping of lane changes with AP but without Navigate on AP... but it still has a lot of room for improvement to reach zero interventions on a day-long highway drive.

I look forward to the FSD Beta 9 logic getting merged in to the regular Navigate on AP operation. :)