Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a follow up to this, when Chuck tweeted that, he was talking specifically about a special case of his unprotected left turns, where the computer gets confused and ends up turning right instead of left. More FSD Beta 9.2 videos have come out from others that do have some successful unprotected left hand turns. Overall, there are some mistakes here and there, but I believe that Beta 9.2 is overall a good improvement over 9.1. Here are some FSD Beta videos from today:

Tesla really needs to go where Chuck shows his car always seeming to bail and turn route and get into a loop. Something about that location FSD cant seem to figure out.

Reactions: FireMedic
Tesla really needs to go where Chuck shows his car always seeming to bail and turn route and get into a loop. Something about that location FSD cant seem to figure out.

Fun thought. I am more excited to see how well NN learns and advances on it's own. With shadow mode on, what if Chuck and a Tesla meet up of 50 cars caravan and all go thru this specific problem route. Problem solved by the afternoon.

Its quite reassuring that despite the scary headlines about THE US GOVERNMENT investigating autopilot... that we end up just down about 4% in a day. This is the *big day* that *the story broke*, so its likely to fizzle out from now onwards.

Just on my watchlist, EVGo was down 6.99%, Enphase was down 4.26%, and SolarEdge was down 2.31%; all on no direct news. So I'm guessing part of the drop was due to the market assuming that the political fallout from the troop withdrawal might delay the infrastructure bill (although I don't think this will be the case, most American voters care more about domestic policy than international affairs).

This forum is important toward its denizens maintaining some semblance of sanity.

I want to apologize, as I'm on a camping vacation and out of signal range a lot of the time.

So what, you say?

We all know how the content grows at an astounding rate and being without a connection my concern about catching up grew to dangerous levels. This morning after venturing out of the forest for a run to town, I was passing a fiber booster station, and, well. I unplugged it hoping it would temporarily stay the growth of new posts in my favorite forum.

So, it was just me that caused the internet to shut down. I feel kinda bad about acting out in desperation like that.

Can you forgive me?

I keep asking myself if there was as much FUD when gazoline cars were introduced hundred years ago and if horse sellers paid articles in The Gazette about gaz cars blowing up when people started the engine.

All theses battery fires headlines, all these self driving accident headlines, now the investigation on autopilot. Even if the security of Autopilot is better than a human driving, people keep hearing the opposite in mainstream media and will believe the opposite of what science and litterature shows.
We are really heading full speed ahead in an idiocracy.

I keep asking myself if there was as much FUD when gazoline cars were introduced hundred years ago and if horse sellers paid articles in The Gazette about gaz cars blowing up when people started the engine.

All theses battery fires headlines, all these self driving accident headlines, now the investigation on autopilot. Even if the security of Autopilot is better than a human driving, people keep hearing the opposite in mainstream media and will believe the opposite of what science and litterature shows.
There wasn't one horse breeder/horse food producer or horse shoe maker individually powerful enough to actually do anything to oppose cars taking over to the same level traditional auto has now.

Yep...it seems the simulation is running idiot mode now.

Anyone else get a little uncomfortable when Elon says they hit another local maximum and had to do another rewrite? That was essentially what he just said about vision vs radar. After already doing a previous rewrite for the still frame (non temporal) approach. Tesla's willingness to admit the local maximum and rewrite their code is seriously nimble for a company this big and that impresses the hell out of me. So I am conflicted....should I be worried or impressed? I'm kinda both right now....

Last edited:
In other news, the FDA has opened an investigation into whether a popular online forum, Tesla Motors Club, needs to be regulated as an addictive drug. Acting Commissioner of the FDA, Janet Woodencock, told CNBC that "drugs extend beyond the chemical compounds we typically think of when we hear that word and the fact that it's masquerading as an online forum doesn't mean it falls outside our jurisdiction. Addiction is an insidious disease that can cause it's victims to lose all touch with the real world."

/s
Well then I guess there are good addictions and bad addictions.

Given what I have made on TSLA mostly due this forum, I would say this is a good addiction.