Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could argue that FSD isn't aligned with the mission either. But FSD is a technology that, aside from just generally being good for society, helps generate more money for Tesla, which helps them achieve their mission.

And since they developed the infrastructure for FSD, might as well leverage it for other things that can do good and make the company a lot more money, so they can use that money to further their mission.
FSD does make better more efficient use of vehicles (robo taxi). Vehicle production takes a lot of resources so making the most out of each vehicle is more sustainable.

That's true, but just because they can do it, doesn't mean they should. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with "Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy"

New mission addendum “… and to prepare for a shrinking global population”.

Musk’s tweets about population implosion make sense now.

I can't see much if any connection between a Teslabot and the company's mission ("Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy")

Will they find some way to fit the bot in, or will the mission need to be updated?
Good point ... as Elon said " our cars are essentially semi sentients robots on wheels " .. fewer wasted energy doing repetitive tasks a robot can do for you - so in the macro view, all the (currently oil & gas) energy used to sustain for example delivery folks is no longer necessary? Not sure what they will/ could do instead, but taking the optimistic view, better living for humanity as a whole for less energy ?

Marvin the Supercharger Ranger:

Marvin_SuperCharger_Ranger.png

Lol, this was inevitable. But now I want one for the back seat. You know, for camping trips.

Cheers!

Repetitive jobs that humans don't want to do, sounds like some production line work to me.
I don’t think so. He didn’t go there with Rob’s question and was careful to point out that people misinterpret the whole alien dreadnaught thing. This is also Tesla we’re talking about here. They wouldn’t build a humanoid robot that will also be friendly for a production line.

They are targeting low-wage in-person interactions that could be better served by a robot. Think:

- Delivery drivers (Hi Lyft)
- Takeout/Fast Food (Hi Uber)
- Outside work (Hi TaskRabbit)
- Personal Care (Hi Barber App)

If they are going to solve real-world AI using their suite of hardware, then they might as well transition this to everything. Maybe after another drink - I’d say this is actually the plan for the Tesla Network.

So what the heck does all of this have to do with their mission statement? Robots produce less energy and waste than humans. This also frees up more time for humans to focus on sustainable energy and solving those problems.

Or… maybe I just know how the market is going to react to this tomorrow (Like they always do) and I’m just trying to make myself feel better :)

Please - someone ask questions on the robot - I don't think Tesla has the technolog to make that beast, BostonDyn has pneumatics for everything (afaik) - Tesla uses no pneumatics today (well maybe in the FalconWingDoors?) - so this is no easy thing
No the pneumatics in the Model X doors did not work, they had to start from scratch using electric motors, it’s what caused the Model X delay.

I think it is way premature to introduce a humanoid robot now. Given that they were unable to site a specific example of a "repetitive, boring or dangerous task" to tackle first, it is very clear that anything even slightly useful will be many years away. I guess they did it for recruiting because I don't see how it adds value otherwise. Even then it's a bit questionable.

I think it's fine to start working on this concept but keep it under wraps until you have some progress and even when it's ready to be revealed don't call it a product from the get go. For sure Wall St. won't like it (they never like anything) but there's some validity to it this time.

I don’t think so. He didn’t go there with Rob’s question and was careful to point out that people misinterpret the whole alien dreadnaught thing. This is also Tesla we’re talking about here. They wouldn’t build a humanoid robot that will also be friendly for a production line.

They are targeting low-wage in-person interactions that could be better served by a robot. Think:

- Delivery drivers (Hi Lyft)
- Takeout/Fast Food (Hi Uber)
- Outside work (Hi TaskRabbit)
- Personal Care (Hi Barber App)

If they are going to solve real-world AI using their suite of hardware, then they might as well transition this to everything. Maybe after another drink - I’d say this is actually the plan for the Tesla Network.

So what the heck does all of this have to do with their mission statement? Robots produce less energy and waste than humans. This also frees up more time for humans to focus on sustainable energy and solving those problems.

Or… maybe I just know how the market is going to react to this tomorrow (Like they always do) and I’m just trying to make myself feel better :)

Yo - "dangerous" was mentioned as a criteria. I'm watching the news. Maybe firefighting might be worthwhile for robots to do if extended, expensive, and tiring wildfire seasons continue. Notch up for any emergency disaster scenarios for large quantities of robots to be deployed as needed.

Ok, so how do you even put a value on Tsla right now? I don’t think even the most optimistic models I have seen can come close at this point.

I was wondering this too, lol.

AI Day was much more interesting than I expected it to be. And more promising too. I need to find some more money to buy even more shares, like NOW.