Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading the article, they admitted they hadn't test driven the Y. So used that as an excuse not to recommend it.

Well that's precious considering they opened the article bragging about how wide and deep their EV experience was:

We can't tell you exactly which EV is right for your life, but we can narrow your choices down. See, we've driven just about every permutation of every current-production electric vehicle on sale in the US today, so we here at Roadshow have a better-than-average view of what's good and what's not in EVs right now.

Sorry if already posted. Shockingly, the SEC is actually considering doing something impactful. Certainly it'll never actually happen.

I've been watching them all morning and I'm sooooooo tempted to swap more stock for LEAPS. But it would be unnecessary risk for me. I already have plenty of LEAPS in the 650-800 range for Jan/Mar/June 2023. More than enough to get me to my target share count.
Is it worthwhile to go the other way & exercise the options expiring in 6/2022 in order to save on tax (in Australia)? The premium is only $6/share at this time. I will be paying 45% capital gains tax on anything over AUD 180k 😬 if when I sell. How do you do exercise options? I am on Schwab. (If this is OT, please move the post).

• Disagree
Reactions: Mich
Just checked our order status on the MYLR.

Expected delivery got moved out from second half of September to October 2-22. Since we are in the Bay Area, I was fully expecting they would figure out a way to get us our car during the quarter end dash. Don't know if this says anything about part shortages (either chips or batteries), but clearly they are still scrambling to accelerate production to meet demand. The optimist in me says they have more MYP orders they want to fill first. And I'm perfectly happy with the delay if that's the case.

Short term, I'm not sure. Long term, bullish AF.

Nod to Tesla at the end. But the S is only faster cuz Ford wasn’t trying. :)

EDD holding.

Reactions: capster and UCF3
Thanks for posting that.

I find it very surprising that the idea of OTA update while driving is considered important by anyone. Especially for electric cars that routinely spend hours at a time charging (and therefore aren't driving). It is trivially easy to find a non-driving opportunity to apply an OTA update. The other claimed "features" of this "new OTA technology" - not needing memory for alternate copies of the software and patching "individual lines of code" also seem silly. It is a very rare software update where a single line of code is changed. The idea of changing running code on the fly is either ill-conceived or will necessitate that the original code (as well as updates) have a bloated footprint in order to safely allow such changes. That more or less wipes out any advantages of not needing "double memory" while simultaneously harming code execution speed.

I think that the OEMs licensing this will be regretting it pretty soon. Of course I could be wrong but I really doubt it.

The entire interview felt like an embodiment of why the German car industry is doomed:

A: Tesla are growing fast and eating our lunch, should we not have been doing OTA 8 years ago like Tesla? Are you not worried?
P: Jaja. But there is this startup I am investing in, which in a few years will have a product that does something nobody needs or wants.
A: How about the giga casting and structural battery packs, that will make the cars better and cheaper?
P: I would not be worried. The most important thing is not automation but material cost. Also German companies cannot take risks like Tesla. If we did we would go to jail. *cough*
A: How about AI day, will not all talent go to Tesla now?
P: Haha didn’t watch. The robot is stupid.
A: How about Dojo and vector space neural nets and neural planning?
P: The most important thing will be simulations. Also the leader is Waymo, they have more driven miles.
A: It was nice talking with you

Last edited:
TSLA is up in the early Pre-market, ~2x strong macro gains:

Nasdaq 100 Sep 21 (NQ=F)​

CME - CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,646.50 +49.00 (+0.31%)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Aug 31, 2021 05:33 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$735.17 +4.26 (+0.58%)
Pre-Market Volume32,711
Pre-Market High$736.5 (04:25:09 AM)
Pre-Market Low$733.61 (04:00:00 AM)