Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but has GM quietly stopped shipping any cars equipped with Supercruise? Or, is it just Cadillacs? Is this the beginning of the end of Supercruise? I don't think it's really about chips.
What alternative do they have? License FSD from Tesla?

Just quit any kind of drive assist technology? Try to get legislators to ban the technology?

Supercruise is all they have, they can't just quit it without a replacement. If you read the auto-mags it's better than FSD because it's "Truly hands free!!"!!!

To be fair, most of those nameplates don't even make good ICE vehicles.

1633122945609.png

might see a double edged sword of a P&D report this weekend: production of 250k with a quarter end annualized production rate of above 1 million, but deliveries somewhat less than that and closer to the Wall Street expected number due to unfavorable transport logistics situation

View attachment 716796
Which ship(s). According to Tesla Carriers Tesla Carriers

The last ship to arrive was Glovis Splendor which stopped in Kober on the 18th then went to Southampton and arrived on the 21st and had a 3rd stop in Oslo on the 24th. A 3rd stop is rare. How many cars would have been left to be dropped off on the 24th?

What alternative do they have? License FSD from Tesla?

Just quit any kind of drive assist technology? Try to get legislators to ban the technology?

Supercruise is all they have, they can't just quit it without a replacement. If you read the auto-mags it's better than FSD because it's "Truly hands free!!"!!!

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit for already realizing the current implementation of Supercruise is a dead-end street. I would expect manufacturers without viable technology to eventually license it from those who have it. It's not going to happen overnight. Of course the auto-mags are going to talk up the technology of their funding sources. That surprises no one and only fools those who aren't familiar with the technology.

Just gonna leave this here.
View attachment 716772
Dead. Sexy. May be time to upgrade!View attachment 716775
#Model X plaid #palladium #refresh model X
Sweet. In the relative backwater of Boise, Idaho I usually see 3-4 Teslas on my drive into work. Today set a new record with 8 spotted on the way in. Can't imagine how common they'll be in a few years with Austin coming online. I surprised my wife with our first Tesla (a Y) for her bday a few months ago which she absolutely loves. Literally her only complaint so far is that she's starting to see so many of them she feels a bit less "special" now. But she's also gone from being completely ignorant regarding EVs & Tesla to a big fangirl of all things Musk & has already convinced one of her coworkers to buy a Y.

Think about what an equity time bomb big auto companies are right now. In 20 years what is the collective value of Ford, GM, Stellantis, & VW going to be compared to now?

I think of companies like Blackberry and Nokia and how the smartphone industry rolled over their valuations and cringe thinking of all the people who's retirements are hinged on these companies which are likely not going to last until 2040.
A tsunami of hurt is coming, for sure. I’ve done what I can to alert the people I care about. Literally, nobody believes me. A few were smart enough to hedge a bit, but most think I’m exaggerating/won’t happen in their lifetime. 🤷

I can’t really blame them; there’s people here, watching it unfold, who don’t really believe it either. Most need to see to believe. Well, they’re going to see from the front row.

Reactions: FireMedic
A tsunami of hurt is coming, for sure. I’ve done what I can to alert the people I care about. Literally, nobody believes me. A few were smart enough to hedge a bit, but most think I’m exaggerating/won’t happen in their lifetime. 🤷

I can’t really blame them; there’s people here, watching it unfold, who don’t really believe it either. Most need to see to believe. Well, they’re going to see from the front row.
Fortunately I don't know a lot of people invested in the auto industry. Though I'm sure my work 401k has money in the major auto companies. Fortunately, it's only a small piece of my retirement plan.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
Sweet. In the relative backwater of Boise, Idaho I usually see 3-4 Teslas on my drive into work. Today set a new record with 8 spotted on the way in. Can't imagine how common they'll be in a few years with Austin coming online. I surprised my wife with our first Tesla (a Y) for her bday a few months ago which she absolutely loves. Literally her only complaint so far is that she's starting to see so many of them she feels a bit less "special" now. But she's also gone from being completely ignorant regarding EVs & Tesla to a big fangirl of all things Musk & has already convinced one of her coworkers to buy a Y.
Hello Optimist,

I was thinking about Consumer Reports and how to move them toward a little less hand wringing, as NPR/PBS can tend to teach, and a little more optimism. There is some good to NPR, it is mainly the hand wringing tone that can seem pervasive, even though it is not.

If the Tesla was a gift to your wife, she may not know the secret I am about to reveal to you, and prescribe to Consumer Reports.

Dear Consumer Reports,

Push the right hand scroll button on the steering wheel and say, "Play Someone to Watch Over Me by Blossom Dearie."
This should be OK for you as Blossom sang "If you can skate a figure eight" on Schoolhouse Rock. She is PBS approved.

Then proceed to try to drive safely by setting your following distance when driving over 50 MPH by using the screen to see that your car is aware of the vehicle you are following, because the lead car barely shows on the rendering. This is a way to follow safely with no math required. This is a safe following distance. Do this for 21 days and it will become a habit. That awareness distance is a safe following distance for you, and it makes sure your car does not get surprised either!

On that "watch over me" radio station you will learn the metric system by listening to Fever (in Fahrenheit or Centigrade) and Nat King Cole will admonish you to Straighten Up and Fly Right.

As you listen to Blossom you will hear a hopeful optimistic tone that may well vanquish the hand wringing tone that you may be used to.

You will also hear Rosemary Clooney sing Mambo Italiano in immersive sound.

Give it a try. Are there other cars that can bring you all this?

The sound system in a Tesla with the streaming radio station on voice command seems like a differentiator. The nuance of the station picks when you choose song and artist is nothing short of wonderful.

Edit: This may be why the Germans cannot match Tesla - the suitcase guy might be wrong. Not sure he understood nuance or music as well as Elon does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately I don't know a lot of people invested in the auto industry. Though I'm sure my work 401k has money in the major auto companies. Fortunately, it's only a small piece of my retirement plan.
My work ‘401k’ has some Tesla in it. But they also have Nikola…so 🙄

3E9D3478-A1E3-4718-BA4D-9C84DB12A8BA.jpeg
525D65D3-8F86-4F7D-8A9A-D6718654CD8B.jpeg

… I surprised my wife with our first Tesla (a Y) for her bday a few months ago which she absolutely loves. Literally her only complaint so far is that she's starting to see so many of them she feels a bit less "special" now. But she's also gone from being completely ignorant regarding EVs & Tesla to a big fangirl of all things Musk & has already convinced one of her coworkers to buy a Y.
Give her a hug and tell her that there’s no way she could be less special 😀