Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ATH even with the 1 month delay for Berlin etc and the usual post earnings sellof wow
That was probably retail selling TSLA after hours yesterday due to a seemingly boring confernce call with focus on financials and no Elon. Actually, it was more like the kind of call that analysts want to hear. Hence the analysts' upgrades, and likely institutional interest today.

Last edited:
I had to get through GJ's vomit so you don't have to.

1. Tesla is suppose to be more than an auto company but look at the 0% gross margins on energy
2. Market share is falling in China and in EU
3. CFO said margins are going to fall
4. Lots of competition coming next year and Tesla has no new models
5. EPS is a miss because the "whisper numbers" is suppose to be 2 dollars (perhaps he is citing Rob Mauer here lol).
6. They only produced 40k more cars this Q vs last while all the other automakers shipped millions. They are not growing fast enough
7. CNBS host joins in and said "no one cares, it's a cult stock with cult customers, they value this as amazon in 1996".
8. GJ said we don't see this as the next amazon but the next AOL.

Now I'm going to take a shower.
Thanks for taking one for the team!

I agree that Tesla is not growing fast enough. Tesla being cell limits is a major downer and contributes limited growth in TE and delays in production of Cybertruck and Semi, which I would still count as new models. Funny that GJ would not point to these supply chain limitations.

I promised myself the Teslaquila's seal gets broken when we cross $1,000 SP. But it sure is tempting to open and celebrate today!
This is why everyone should get a Tesla Decanter.

I wonder how much money Tesla brings in through their various “lifestyle” products on offer. Fun to think about how many T-Shirts Tesla will be able to sell when they become the most sought after consumer brand in the world.

Reactions: Big Earl and Ogre