Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like we should be able to watch the WSJ interview of Elon in about 13 minutes here:

Or directly on YouTube:

Wow! My appreciation of Elon Musk just went up another couple of notches. Excellent responses to pointed questions. Well done, Elon.

I appreciate everyone on this list, except for @TheTalkingMule and @Krugerrand who have no need or no interest in my appreciation.
Ok, that was wrong of me. Truth is, I do appreciate @Krugerrand and @TheTalkingMule too. That's it, no joke. You are appreciated.

1638845233482.png

It looks like we should be able to watch the WSJ interview of Elon in about 13 minutes here:

Or directly on YouTube:

Oh MAN, this was FANTASTIC!!! Elon laid the smack down on the US government here, LOL!!!! :D

If things do get delayed again for a 3rd time, I'm in the camp that thinks Elon/Tesla should start to put this in the spotlight by openly saying any further expansion plans at GigaBerlin are put on hold

And that is EXACTLY the goal of this extended rope-a-dope campaign by NABU and their ilk. If they get their way, do you think things will get better? VW will probably cancel (or at least defund) Project Trinity, already five years away in 2026:

And BMW will remain in business. This ICE-age can not be allowed to continue. Thus, Tesla needs to continue the fight in Grunheide.

During the last couple of days I'vv had a few messages with kind comments. Perhaps I should explain myself a trifle better than I did.
As I reflect I recall a comment made to me by my favorite boss as he was preparing to retire:
a loose paraphrase was 'after a certain age one's experience and judgement no longer serve to guide other younger people. When that happens it is time to go.'
I have been posting on TMC for a bit more than six years. During that time I have advocated the same positions in slightly different ways, but the basic ideas have not changed. I have been acutely aware of repeating myself.

One of my young colleagues mentioned that "...for an old guy you're surprisingly well informed." (Translated from the Portuguese). She intended it as a compliment, perhaps. Still, I make many typos, itself not a mark of vibrance and good habits. Then I realize I persist in repeating the same stories. I justify that because the people who gave us 2008 are ones who very nearly brought on global depression, narrowly averted by good luck rather than good judgement. I keep thinking if younger people would understand that and other such lessons they would be better investors. if my assertion was valid the oldsters would have learned also, but we all know they haven't. A recent stay on Hank Paulson's island reminded me that there is no plausible assertion that there is any causal relation to be had between cause and effect in 2008 or any other year.

With those thoughts I realized I should stop now, not because of rancor, but because I am repeating myself.

So, I know those positions are valid. I know nearly all retail 'investors' using margin, puts, cals and other such instruments will eventually lose. The house wins, if anybody does. That is the last time I will post such positions simply to stop repeating myself.

I will not depart TMC nor will I stop reading pertinent parts of these threads, and continue rating posts, but not with words. I will refrain from posting in this thread.
Where is the crying button?

I would post whose style I think Elon’s haircut resembles but I don’t want to validate Godwins Law.

I only need to worry about half of the equation because my haircuts generally look about like that.

Since Musk makes about $10,000/ hour, and he claims he did it himself (would not surprise me), that’s a $5,000 savings in time alone.

Musk loves to talk about efficiency. Nothing more efficient than spending 5 minutes with the electric razor and just shaving it off. Looks like he uses number 4 for the top and bare razor for the sides.

I do something similar. But sadly not worth 270 billion.

Just think if the media (and stock prices) pump up these other EV companies and then they don't make a large volume of vehicles or aren't profitable after 2-5 years. This lets Legacy Auto/Energy keep status quo for the next 5-10 (20?) years as they use this tactic to slowly transition with PHEVs ("We have battery supply constraints/chip shortage we cant make full BEVs") as the CEOs ride out their golden parachutes.

While I agree with you that the media pumps legacy auto and other EV companies to exaggerate how hard everyone is trying to go EV, I think this is the entire reason that legacy auto pumps their own EV efforts. They need to convince the people that they are really trying to electrify and are making a "all hands on deck" effort to electrify their fleet. Then, in 3 or 4 years, when there still aren't enough EV's to meet demand, and they are still selling huge numbers of brand new ICE SUV's and trucks, they can get a Mulligan on stricter emission standards. They will have all kinds of excuses and one of them will be we spent all our money on electrification and are not prepared to meet stricter emissions standards. But we have a whole bunch of great EV's in the pipeline, please give us an emissions waiver so we don't go bankrupt (because this is the fault of trying to electrify too soon and too quickly).

That's why I think it would be better for them to just go bankrupt.

I am going to give some props to the interviewer. Her voice, pronunciation, and diction seamlessly integrated into a channel I had no problems with.
And her ability to be flexible in more than one area also made the interview all about Elon, instead of her or an agenda.
Elon is not easy to ride.

Yes, she did stay professional, but i thought you could tell Elon had her on her heels several times since his answers wasn’t conforming to her script or agenda.

"A Monopoly on Legal organized violence"
It wasn’t only the military he was talking about. He was also referring to the police state. As in the government can lock up and even kill its own citizens. Usually this only occurs after due process, but not always. He was just making an extreme point that most people would recoil against giving a corporation that much power, yet have no problem giving the government that power. Even as it isn’t always accountable.

Yes, she did stay professional, but i thought you could tell Elon had her on her heels several times since his answers wasn’t conforming to her script or agenda.

I can't believe she picked such an unprofessional last question about drugs, luckily the audience redirect to something more appropriate. WTF she talked about his personal life, jokily accusing him, during a CEO conference for WSJ.