Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't they just tell folks who had pre-ordered RWD Model Y "sorry we are never making those, so we can cancel the order or if you wanna upgrade to AWD you lose your lower FSD pricing"?

Doing that- then turning right around afterward and making RWD Ys is... not a great look.

Is it possible to track permit application status on giga Austin
Yes, although it's not particularly clear on timing - just on what is un/approved.

This one is the main site:
GigaTexas

This one is for the cathode factory:
Cathode

There's linked folders and documents if you want to dig into the details.

There might be more that I am unaware of.

• Informative
Reactions: kanweg
Didn't they just tell folks who had pre-ordered RWD Model Y "sorry we are never making those, so we can cancel the order or if you wanna upgrade to AWD you lose your lower FSD pricing"?

Doing that- then turning right around afterward and making RWD Ys is... not a great look.
They told people that they aren't making the Long Range RWD Model Y. The 2022 EPA specs are for the Standard Range RWD Model Y that has actually been sold in the past. (i.e. two different products.)

This article serves as good advertisement and the most popular comments are about the key ring person and not the Tesla.

I am down a plaid, model 3, Y, X, ATV, roadster, a cybertruck in every color, 2 kid's college tuition, a house, two mistresses and divorce lawyer fees since Elon's twitter poll so...yay for a green day?

Well, either things aren't going too badly, or you have really expensive tastes when it comes to houses and mistresses! ;)

Did Tsla really dropped 0.5% AH because of cnbs' coverage of the investigation? Mind blowing.
Maybe, maybe not.

Sometimes I go a week or so without following this thread and then I read everything I missed. The short term price targets posted are off so much and so regularly, even though the posters convince themselves they’re making rational predictions on the “news” that it’s laughable.

Anyway, maybe you’re right. Though probably not. The headlines have been out for hours about that specific piece of news.

Did Tsla really dropped 0.5% AH because of cnbs' coverage of the investigation? Mind blowing.
If you're referring to the NHTSA investigation of front seat video gaming, that indeed is little reason for pressure on the TSLA stock. Even if it is banned, that should have virtually no effect on Tesla car sales. Although algobots and inexperieced traders can behave irrationally during after-hours.

Ross Gerber seems to be a few glasses in to his Tesla Teguila bottle, but full of cheer as he is celebrating a '3 Gordon move' today in TSLA share price 🥳🍻🤪:

Edit - Having watched this a little longer I might have underestimated with my original estimate of 'a few glasses'. What a difference between Gary Black and Ross though - Gary spends all his energy railing at Elon on Twitter because he appears to believe Elon is somehow keeping him from making more money, and Ross is on Twitter with a bottle of Teslaquila celebrating TSLA & Elon with TSLA investors. Just an observation............... 🍻to Longs

Last edited:
It is certainly interesting seeing daily retirement fund fluctuations as big as your annual income.

The most I ever earned in my peak earning years was but a mid-single digit percentage of the kind of daily fluctuations I've been seeing. And I don't even look on the biggest down days because I know we will be re-tracing soon enough anyway. This is why I advise people to not think of their brokerage balances as money but as ownership tickets. It's the only thing that makes it not seem crazy. Using my method, my net worth only fluctuates with the growth of the company, not Wall Street idiocy.

This article serves as good advertisement and the most popular comments are about the key ring person and not the Tesla.
What upsets me about this is she seems to have been fined only the repair cost plus the small court fee of £85 and some trivial £22 admin fee. Surely she should have been punished beyond just the cost of repair? Seems a bit too lenient if you ask me for such despicable behavior.

Institutes will try to frontrun elons final stock sales. Plus bbb is killed, more ppl take delivery rather than waiting for 8k subsidy. Macro stabilized. Any good news will gamba squeeze it. It will be juicy for the next couple weeks.
I feel like we now know how this plot line will go - like watching an exciting movie. Except instead of buying popcorn, I may buy more tickets during dips/juicy moments.