Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone point me to any data and/or estimates on the split between model 3 and model Y production at Fremont ? For that matter S/X split would be interesting as well. It is really only out of curiousity re mfg ramps and line capacities, as I don't drill to the financial level of detail of ascribing different prices, costs, margins. This is what I have at present.

View attachment 747045

I've been trying to get better granularity on my near-term (24m) forecasts. (Previously I'd only done some annual numbers). You can see why analysts are reluctant to put their estimates out there, the numbers just get unbelievably large, fantastically fast. Here is what I get if I assume no revenue growth in energy or services, and I assume that shareprice responds to maintain PE at approx 130. These are just bonkers numbers.

View attachment 747046

I hope Tesla start issuing this level of data routinely. Plus in about a year's time start issuing more data on energy division and services (inc chargers).
In that first chart your 2019 Fremont totals are too high. You are double counting the Model 3s.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Ahhh, the Tesla twitterverse... I naively thought that I could go at least 24 hours after Elon says "I try to be extremely literal" before seeing these inane debates. 😞
Screenshot_20211222-161752~2.png

Ahhh, the Tesla twitterverse... I naively thought that I could go at least 24 hours after Elon says "I try to be extremely literal" before seeing these inane debates. 😞
View attachment 747103
Very typical Tesla twitter! 🤣

By the numbers of shares sold, Elon has 3 left to be just under 10% and 4 left to be just over 10%. It'll be one of those two... not two, not seven. 3 or 4... or a few!

It’s much more fun being up a model 3 than being down a Plaid for the day….. then again I’m not selling for a long time.
I am down a plaid, model 3, Y, X, ATV, roadster, a cybertruck in every color, 2 kid's college tuition, a house, two mistresses and divorce lawyer fees since Elon's twitter poll so...yay for a green day?

Last edited:
I think someone mentioned earlier but the stock gain today % wise was nice and all........but LEAPS went through the roof. Talking 25-35% gains on OTM LEAPS. Even my ITM LEAPS are up 15-20% today.

Sure seems like there's a lot of optimism on where the SP is going in 2022 and 2023 ;)
Yup. Mine went from "old curdled blood red" to "fresh blood red" today. ;) (Ok, about 1/2 are from the$600s and never went red)

Reactions: ccook and JimS
By the numbers of shares sold, Elon has 3 left to be just under 10% and 4 left to be just over 10%. It'll be one of those two... not two, not seven. 3 or 4... or a few!
He said no more discretionary sales, just 10b5-1... And I thought our calculations showed that he only has ~1.7 tranches of vested 2012 options left to exercise. (I suppose he could start to exercise the ones that don't expire until 2028, but I doubt it.)

You can see an accounting of what is left in this post.

And hopefully he was selling today, which could mean just one more day of selling. (Which would most likely be next week.)

Last edited: