Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't as exciting as talk of lawyers, heaters, and other such, but Lars' Sunday News has some good stuff.

Of particular note was report of a rumor that Slovakia (where Andrej K. is from) will be the location of the next European factory.

And, a wonderful recap of Linette Lopez' predictions for Tesla in China back in 2019 and how that aged not-so-well, along with a slew of well-deserved Teslaps.

Enjoy

That is plausible:
There is more than is shown in the Wiki, but the auto industry there is well established., efficient and low cost.

Since Slovakia is in the Euro and is a Schengen country, the advantages are myriad. Whether Tesla builds a GigaFactory or another factory to produce Superchargers, components and/or TE products it is entirely logical for them to do this.

It's also material to know that GF Grüneheide is undoubtedly sourcing much of it's employment base from Poland, as do others in Brandenburg. We will begin to hear much more about such diversification within the next year or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the investment thread. Not a place to push a personal agenda or vent frustration (about anything else than the stock price). There’s a zillion other threads in this forum where people can dump complaints. Stop doing it here.
Yeah, this stuff is so boring I had to go over to Twitter. ☠️

SMR does his usual comprehensive presentation of James Stephenson's latest charts.

I really like the way these charts paint the picture for Tesla's future in clear, telling detail.

The amount of financial growth Tesla is experiencing truly startles me. I've had my own Excel model of Tesla's financials for over two years now and my predictions were much more conservative than the reality has been. I have to admit my model has been incorrect, given margin / revenue growth Tesla will be worth much more than I thought it would in the near future.

Of course I'm okay with this! :D

10.9 release note. Also green is saying new maps rolling out for USA and China.

10.9 seems to have features that Elon was predicting 11.0 would have. Two major changes. Handling intersections using a new auto-regression neural net should be a huge improvement. "Auto-regression" means using past information to make future predictions. So the network is finally starting to reason using a continuous memory of past results about what is happening in the intersection. Sounds like this is only being used for intersections right now. Should be a big improvement when this technique is rolled out for the rest of the planning work. Am very interested to see how this affects actual intersection behavior (I used to have FSD Beta, but just bought a new car, so I don't have it anymore).

And looks like we have 10 bit raw camera inputs instead of 8 bit processed images. Should help in low light and other obscured camera situations.

These FSD release notes are sounding like recruiting baits for top notch AI engineers and researchers. What even is an IOU int he context of intersections?

1642352565176.png

These FSD release notes are sounding like recruiting baits for top notch AI engineers and researchers. What even is an IOU int he context of intersections?
Found this on google.

."While training the network, we compare our bounding box results from the CNN to the actual bounding box. Our cost function is the area of intersection divided by the area of union of the two bounding boxes. The closer this number, also called IoU (intersection over union), is to 1, the better our prediction is."

Found this on google.

."While training the network, we compare our bounding box results from the CNN to the actual bounding box. Our cost function is the area of intersection divided by the area of union of the two bounding boxes. The closer this number, also called IoU (intersection over union), is to 1, the better our prediction is."

got lost at CNN, but still patiently waiting for update to come

WTH is the "Dawn project" and who's sponsoring it?

EDIT: The comments say The guy runnning this ad, Dan O’Dowd, is the CEO of Green Hills SW. Among other things, they work with Auto companies on ADAS and Automated Driving Systems.

....Yup. If you can’t compete, litigate. If you cant litigate, legislate....

Granted it's just FUD, but FULL PAGE NYT?

Last edited:
WTH is the "Dawn project" and who's sponsoring it?

EDIT: The comments say The guy runnning this ad, Dan O’Dowd, is the CEO of Green Hills SW. Among other things, they work with Auto companies on ADAS and Automated Driving Systems.

....Yup. If you can’t compete, litigate. If you cant litigate, legislate....

Granted it's just FUD, but FULL PAGE NYT?
The forthcoming earnings report is clearly going to be more immense than even we TMCers thought possible.

The Dingleberry And Wingnut Network? 🤔

"Dan is the world’s leading expert in creating software that never fails and can’t be hacked."​

Dan "the man" says this over and over by the way. Seems more self promoting than anything else. I hope that if Elon says anything it's constructive you know how it is when two engineers get together but this guy would get quite a bit of free media if Elon tweets.

He's also a bit odd:

Last edited:
And looks like we have 10 bit raw camera inputs instead of 8 bit processed images. Should help in low light and other obscured camera situations.
I'm intrigued by the implications of this:

- does this have any ramifications on previous NN training which used 8 bit processed images
- will Tesla use 10 bit images for future training
- if so, I assume this uses bigger file data, so restricts size/number that can be stored then uploaded?

• Informative
Reactions: insaneoctane