Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only way i see them doing this is:

1. There is a $20k EV credit
2. GM offers 10 year 0% interest financing with no payments for first 3 years
3. POTUS says "With every GM EV purchase, you will receive free installation of a L2 charger in your home 100% funded by taxpayers

Those are all moot points because there is no way in hell they can sell 1M EV's and still be profitable by 2025.
Could work only if on top of this GM also gifts a free Tesla.

Last edited:
What is the current GAAP and Non GAAP consensus estimate?
Non-GAAP is $2.36 according to Gary Black. It was $2.31 a few days ago and $1.96 a month ago.
I am not aware of any wall street estimates of GAAP EPS.
1643136227234.png

Non-GAAP is $2.36 according to Gary Black. It was $2.31 a few days ago and $1.96 a month ago.
I am not aware of any wall street estimates of GAAP EPS.
View attachment 760051

Thanks for all you do. I saw that 2.31 figure and was concerned if that was GAAP which would have made a beat less likely. Also, it appears that everyone gives EPS estimates based on non GAAP but PE ratios are made using GAAP income, correct?

(i think) the original dimensions were about 6’2” wide and just under 20 ft length (i think)
..roughly the size of a tundra

so we’ll see the final specs soon, i hope
Aren't we expecting 2 sizes now? Or did I just dream that? I hope one is bigger to compete with the F250 size, and a Ranger size one for small garages.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Thanks for all you do. I saw that 2.31 figure and was concerned if that was GAAP which would have made a beat less likely. Also, it appears that everyone gives EPS estimates based on non GAAP but PE ratios are made using GAAP income, correct?
Yes - EPS estimates are non-GAAP. The only difference to GAAP EPS, is that non-GAAP removes stock option compensation since it is non-cash.
GAAP EPS - with stock compensation expense​
non-GAAP EPS - without stock compensation expense.​

When you see PE ratios, it is usually price/GAAP EPS. The reason for this is that non-GAAP EPS is not published in the 10k/10Q. Only the GAAP EPS can be found there. We only find non-GAAP eps in the Tesla earnings presentation.

He is an expert analyst and we are just pleebs, so we are incapable of understanding what he is saying. Maybe. 😉
Your TL;DR summary of the autoevolution article:
Tesla isn't taking care of their customers. That and build quality will do them in as other makers do a better job and Tesla sacrifices all to maintain growth rate. Stock price and therefore company will crumble. Example given of a M3 customer waiting a year to get a seat replaced.

OK, now no one else needs to give them a click - I took one for the team there.

Your TL;DR summary of the autoevolution article:
Tesla isn't taking care of their customers. That and build quality will do them in as other makers do a better job and Tesla sacrifices all to maintain growth rate. Stock price and therefore company will crumble. Example given of a M3 customer waiting a year to get a seat replaced.

OK, now no one else needs to give them a click - I took one for the team there.
I like Tesla's chances if that is all they can base their crumble on....I had a lot of issues with my 2013 Model S, but still ended up buying a 2022 MYP....Growing pains...Don't they understand that as time goes on, *sugar* just gets better?