Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1643132855906.png

Proof we live in a simulation.....oh wait....he's probably saying that so they can 'scare' paper hand holders into selling, no manipulation going on here...carry on.

Seems to me the folk at GM were taught bad math

View attachment 759982
Not defending what is clearly silly here, but Tesla has not sold 1m units in the US which is what GM is talking about.

How GM plans to get from 26/ quarter to 1m in a little over 3 years is a bit of a gray area, but it is still technically possible… just ludicrously unlikely.

Last edited:

View attachment 760021

Proof we live in a simulation.....oh wait....he's probably saying that so they can 'scare' paper hand holders into selling, no manipulation going on here...carry on.
Sorry I couldn't get past the point in the article where he said he expects GM to get to $100/share (150 billion market cap).....funniest thing I've read all week.

Edit: Ok now I did make it through the entire article..........PT of 1300 and has a Neutral rating and says earnings will come in at $2.27. Apparently as an analyst you can contradict yourself as much as you want

Not defending what is clearly silly here, but Tesla has not sold 1m units in the US which is what GM is talking about.

How GM plans to get from 26/ quarter to 1m in a little over 3 years is a bit of a gray area, but it is still technically possible… just ludicrously unlikely.
Only way i see them doing this is:

1. There is a $20k EV credit
2. GM offers 10 year 0% interest financing with no payments for first 3 years
3. POTUS says "With every GM EV purchase, you will receive free installation of a L2 charger in your home 100% funded by taxpayers

Those are all moot points because there is no way in hell they can sell 1M EV's and still be profitable by 2025.

GM are hoping nobody will go back and look at their 'predictions'. Mind you, they may not even exist by 2025 😊

“In fact, the house of cards is slowly starting to crumble already. More and more supporters of the brand are starting to take off the rose-tinted glasses they've been using to look at the company through so far and see the real problems a lot of existing customers are facing.”

I don’t know what this guy is talking about. Anyone?

In fact, the house of cards is slowly starting to crumble already. More and more supporters of the brand are starting to take off the rose-tinted glasses they've been using to look at the company through so far and see the real problems a lot of existing customers are facing.

I'd put that first paragraph in quotes if I were you ;)

He is an expert analyst and we are just pleebs, so we are incapable of understanding what he is saying. Maybe. 😉

Only way i see them doing this is:

1. There is a $20k EV credit
2. GM offers 10 year 0% interest financing with no payments for first 3 years
3. POTUS says "With every GM EV purchase, you will receive free installation of a L2 charger in your home 100% funded by taxpayers

Those are all moot points because there is no way in hell they can sell 1M EV's and still be profitable by 2025.
the article says GM will aim to sell 1m units globally, so their US sales number will also be less (does not specify breakdown)

whichever way you slice it, the article is nonsense!
GM are hoping nobody will go back and look at their 'predictions'. Mind you, they may not even exist by 2025 😊
We’re on the same page. I did say “Ludicrously unlikely”…

TL: DR: "Tesla continues to ramp up the development of its Tesla Energy business. More than 200 Tesla Megapacks worth over $300 million are spotted at Giga Nevada getting ready to ship."

That would be an absolutely tragic move by GM. Right now engineering new hybrids is investing in a rapidly dying technology. Like Blackberry making a huge investment in button feel in 2010.

It's not just the U.S. and GM/UAW, it's becoming obvious everywhere now that automakers DO NOT have the battery supply they need to meet their emissions / carbon reduction goals. The solution: move the goal posts:

Germany reverses course, will count hybrids in 2030 electrification goal

VW's Diess recently admitted it's next to impossible for VW Group to build the 6 battery factories they'd need by 2030 to supply their production targets. So, a few bucks to politicians and SHAZAM no more need batteries...

I only trust Tesla on Climate; certainly National Governments CAN NOT be trusted to carry through on their commitments. Do you know why they held COP26 in Glasgow this year? Because 26 straight years of doing nothing on Climate action deserves a fine single malt to celebrate. /S

Last edited: