Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try changing insurance companies. Most companies routinely raise rates on existing customers because they know it involves time, hassle and work to switch to another company. They might even know your consumer history and have you profiled as someone who doesn't change vendors often, and you will pay for that. It's called price optimization (or profit maximization).
I’m with State Farm and my 19 S is less than my daughters’10 Lexus. Same driver rating.

Teslas are expensive to insure because the insurance companies now have claim history and the cars are very costly to repair. My Tesla premium is insane and almost doubled again last year while my other cars didn’t change much at all. Break i costs are high in some areas as we all know.

Thanks for this post, I got quoted 31% lower when looking at Tesla Insurance. AAA charges me $2800 nowadays, Tesla Insurance quoted me $1920.

How long has MSM been a "free" color? I haven't seen it posted before...

I was trying to find the tweet, it was someone like wholemarsblog on twitter complained to Elon that there were too many white or black Teslas on the road in California and they all looked alike. But my googlefu is failing me.

Elon just made one of his one or two word replies and it changed on the web site a few days later. So very hard to find in his list of tweet replies.

edit: found it, It wasn't wholemars, and Elon's response was 9 words.

Last edited:

Priscilla Sanstead on Twitter: "Bill sponsor owns dealerships - https://t.co/W7Ef9Q2IOM" / Twitter

FMIYEagWQAE4V12

Thanks for this post, I got quoted 31% lower when looking at Tesla Insurance. AAA charges me $2800 nowadays, Tesla Insurance quoted me $1920.
AAA is a top rated company, knowing what I know about when insurance matters. There is plenty of low cost insurance for sure and I learned the difference. USAA is another good one. Cheap means nothing when a big accident happens and I will wait to see more of the track record before making any changes.

AAA is a top rated company, knowing what I know about when insurance matters. There is plenty of low cost insurance for sure and I learned the difference. USAA is another good one. Cheap means nothing when a big accident happens and I will wait to see more of the track record before making any changes.

FWIW I'm with USAA, and my rate on my Model 3 isn't significantly different than the rate I was paying on my Lexus before it (might even be less if I adjusted for inflation)

Hard to tell from the source report, but this may include hybrids 😖
I suspect they copied my numbers (I'm not kidding). I say that because the global sales numbers were not officially released a couple weeks ago, nor was the decomposition into passenger cars and light vehicles ('commercial'). I did my 11-Feb calculations (see Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit ) using some semi-official numbers I sleuthed out in advance. The HEV and FCEV numbers are so small as not to be material.

1645466364827.png

Attachments

• 1645465887665.png
    1645465887665.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 44