Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Volume spike (for prehours maybe) on TSLA just now.
1645795502886.png

Reactions: capster and Mengy
View attachment 773597
Ignore the wrong time above. TD Ameritrade can't update their charts properly. Wrong data all the time, all over, very annoying.
They just say, "use Think or Swim" - it's nuts!

(Edit: Maybe ever since Robinhood and free trading, they all cut back on costs in IT?)

OT somewhat.... I have a theory on the open. Many were shaken by yesterday's early drop, the war is still scary, so many are anticipating this potential dip again. Why not let it run up naturally in pre-hours, get everyone excited, then slam it hard again right at the open. Sorry to predict this, but why wouldn't MMs do this if it's all about manipulation? Yesterday showed they had opportunity to buy back ammo, why wouldn't they try again today when fear is ripe? I think I'll sell a few and hopefully buy right back. If I'm wrong, some cash won't hurt after this run, and who knows right? Volatility guaranteed, 10 shares, let's see.

(Edit: Buy 10 at 777.05. Like I said yesterday, nothing like a good experiment.)

Last edited:
Dont think you can and it is rather stupid to force waste.
Car manufacturers routinely make non vin cars when starting a new factory/ line or a major change in the product. These go to the crusher. I saw that Ford once sent 1,000 150s to the crusher on a major model change. Would you want to buy the first or the tenth- or even the 100th car off a new line? Look at the first X‘s Tesla sold.

View attachment 773597
Qqq and spy turned pretty positive, all tech stock turned positive. If this rally sustain today then we will see some FOMOing in even though no one understands why. Given that 5/5 times the bottom seems to be the day of invasion this looks to be a similar scenerio
OT somewhat.... I have a theory on the open. Many were shaken by yesterday's early drop, the war is still scary, so many are anticipating this potential dip again. Why not let it run up naturally in pre-hours, get everyone excited, then slam it hard again right at the open. Sorry to predict this, but why wouldn't MMs do this if it's all about manipulation? Yesterday showed they had opportunity to buy back ammo, why wouldn't they try again today when fear is ripe? I think I'll sell a few and hopefully buy right back. If I'm wrong, some cash won't hurt after this run, and who knows right? Volatility guaranteed, 10 shares, let's see.
Institutions most likely sold lots and lots of puts yesterday and then bought a lot of calls. And what do they want? To crush put buyers as hard as possible when fear is at peak.

Last edited:
Qqq and spy turned pretty positive, all tech stock turned positive. If this rally sustain today then we will see some FOMOing in even though no one understands why. Given that 5/5 times the bottom seems to be the day of invasion this looks to be a similar scenerio

Institutions most likely sold lots and lots of puts yesterday and then bought a lot of calls. And what do they want? To crush push buyers as hard as possible when fear is at peak.
And then will people remember the rates boogeyman next week? This market is crazy, what a time to be an investor.

And then will people remember the rates boogeyman next week? This market is crazy, what a time to be an investor.
And I'm still not scared because of this forum and all we know, real-time (huge grateful). The acceleration of Tesla can and likely will outpace any macro dump in time. Could you imagine having your retirement in some bank managed 401K? That would scare me even more, as that fear is of the unknown.

This isn't the hard part for me HODLing because it's like the popcorn phase now. No, I'm afraid I will sell on the way up which was what happened the first time to some degree and was holding way too much in cash waiting for the next dip. So maybe cap that to pad whatever comes along. I sense many here would tend to only sell what they need and keep the rest for life. I've never considered that until now.

Car manufacturers routinely make non vin cars when starting a new factory/ line or a major change in the product. These go to the crusher. I saw that Ford once sent 1,000 150s to the crusher on a major model change. Would you want to buy the first or the tenth- or even the 100th car off a new line? Look at the first X‘s Tesla sold.
I would imagine that some good parts are available on those cars. What about the battery packs for instance? Lots of the parts are nothing knew and used in Model Ys all over the world.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Only thing I'm interested in today is volume. Would love to see another high volume day where it's far tougher for MM's to cap SP.

Pre-Market Volume was 1,195,301 (which is very high). All of US Tech got spanked hard at about 09:37 today, shortly after a strong Opening. No doubt macro jitters, exasperated by hedgies.

Wedgies made a play for the Lower-BB (got rejected on their 1st try):

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-02-25.09-48.png

HODL'ing, not WORrying. ;)

Cheers!

(Edit: Buy 10 at 777.05. Like I said yesterday, nothing like a good experiment.)
Ding!

Crushing those cars is painful to think about. I'm hoping for a tesla-style solution for this issue. If they can't use the parts or the finished cars in Germany, perhaps they can use them internally, or take all the useful parts back out and ship them over to shanghai to be used.