Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um.....what's the deal with the 4/8 options interest? This week looks normal, and next week, and 4/14 onward. But 4/8 has a massive spike(10k+) at $1550 and a smaller one at $1325. Bizarre, no? I don't think 10k is a rational amount of open interest for a random expiration 2 weeks out. (Edit: granted they only cost about $1 in premium)

tsla oi.png

Um.....what's the deal with the 4/8 options interest? This week looks normal, and next week, and 4/14 onward. But 4/8 has a massive spike(10k+) at $1550 and a smaller one at $1325. Bizarre, no? I don't think 10k is a rational amount of open interest for a random expiration 2 weeks out. (Edit: granted they only cost about $1 in premium)
Very odd. Looks like it happened towards the end of the day yesterday. Sure, I'll buy some. lol

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 12.30.35 PM.png

View attachment 785219
But it isn't a "random" expiration. It is the one after the P&D report. And if the report is good we will likely see a spike in stock price, that won't necessarily stick around.

I'd like to go on record that I think we see a P&D sell the news and a massive pop to the moon 2 weeks after earnings. Basically the opposite of what's expected by a lot of close TSLA watchers.

I think that's a pretty good prediction- as I mentioned in the other thread Q is already teeing up with how P&D is gonna be "basically flat" over Q4 and pointing out delivery times on say the SR3 have shrunk quite a bit suggesting overcapacity to demand, so expect to hear a lot more of that in the coming weeks.

I'd like to go on record that I think we see a P&D sell the news and a massive pop to the moon 2 weeks after earnings. Basically the opposite of what's expected by a lot of close TSLA watchers.
Q4 P/D numbers and the effect on TSLA were exactly as expected. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit to see a repeat of it - 1,000/share going into with a 20% move after

This is of course is Tesla manages to beat in a similar fashion. I think 335k-340k would do the trick

But it isn't a "random" expiration. It is the one after the P&D report. And if the report is good we will likely see a spike in stock price, that won't necessarily stick around.
Possibly offsetting short selling margin requirements? Like buying cheap puts to lessen overall portfolio margin requirements. If someone knows about margin and short selling, please enlighten me and the rest of us.

Paul is a bit miffed...

While the court unanimously approved Tesla’s application, which was submitted in February by the automaker, one concern was brought forward by a man named Paul, who has worked on the Colorado River Conservancy Project for “almost a full year.” Paul stated he represented the Environmental Justice Organization based in East Austin.
“My partner and I made cookies and made notes and took it to our neighbors and they were reciprocated with thoughtful items and how to if I need tree trimming to let [neighbors] next door know, and we shake hands. What if I moved to the neighborhood and said nothing to anyone for two years? What if I spent every day doing landscaping work and tearing down trees and building stuff and throwing dust all over my neighbors’ houses, and how about re-routing my driveway and discharging polluted water into our neighborhood creek and blocking the street with massive trucks?”
I've been in my current house for almost 20 years and I never reached out to my neighbors. And almost every house around me has changed owners at least once while I've been here, and I've only had one neighbor ever reach out beyond a friendly "Hi!" at the mailbox... And I've done plenty of tree cutting/planting and landscaping... Multiple neighbors even put up, or replaced, a fence without talking to me. (All on their property.) I even had one build a new house on an adjacent empty lot, and they never even said "Hi" to me, noise/dust be damned. So I'm not sure what his big deal is.

Though it does seem that the contractors might have needed to practice better dust mitigation...

Last edited:
Paul is a bit miffed...

While the court unanimously approved Tesla’s application, which was submitted in February by the automaker, one concern was brought forward by a man named Paul, who has worked on the Colorado River Conservancy Project for “almost a full year.” Paul stated he represented the Environmental Justice Organization based in East Austin.
“My partner and I made cookies and made notes and took it to our neighbors and they were reciprocated with thoughtful items and how to if I need tree trimming to let [neighbors] next door know, and we shake hands. What if I moved to the neighborhood and said nothing to anyone for two years? What if I spent every day doing landscaping work and tearing down trees and building stuff and throwing dust all over my neighbors’ houses, and how about re-routing my driveway and discharging polluted water into our neighborhood creek and blocking the street with massive trucks?”
If you look at Giga TX from google earth - the only houses that are even remotely close are across the express way from the site.
Approx. 600 meters or 1900 feet.... so not sure how much of an impact it's going to make to any "neighbors" and that's only if they are literally the closest house.
So pretty much nonsense.