Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beer + cookies 🤮
With the right beer, it works very well. A nice Oatmeal Stout.

What do you all make of this? He seems to be a fan!
My takeaway?

Rep from an oil rich state playing on China fears to push for additional regulatory burden on most successful EV company. Checks out.

It makes sense in a way. Nobody would suggest a similar sort of thing for Chevy or Ford... the few unique/ interesting technologies they had the Chinese and Russians stole years ago. Neither company strikes me as being particularly good at infosec.

Good ole Newsome....rewarding ICE vehicle owners :)

FWIW EV owners would get the $400 debit card too. It'd go to ALL registered vehicle owners in the state (though I think there's a per-household cap on # of vehicles)

Just says registered vehicles...do my two Tesla's mean I get $800?

Yup!

Honestly, how could this be more subjective?

Screenshot 2022-03-24 11.29.42 AM.png

I like that Doug points out various things, but he makes it look like his equation/methodology is objective.

me thinks he is paid by various interested parties for this content.

Here's today's QQQ chart: (US Tech macros Closed at intraday high)

QQQ.2022-03-24.16-00.png

And TSLA: (note the exaggerated MMD and pronounced capping into the Close)

TSLA.2022-03-24.16-00.png

But at least the SEC is keeping TSLA investors safe by insisting that the company break out regulatory credits (of which 100% of which are the result of Auto sales).

You'd think the SEC was an Accounting Standards regulatory body. Oh guess not.

EDIT: 4:00 pm EDT data

TSLA underperformed the NASDAQ-100 today by 0.67x (here's how the Top-10 US Large Cap equities did on today's Market)

S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap.2022-03-24.16-00.png

Last edited:
Here's today's QQQ chart: (note the Close at the intraday high)

View attachment 785309

And here's TSLA: (note the exaggerated MMD and pronounced capping into the Close)

View attachment 785310

But at least the SEC is keeping TSLA investors safe by insisting that the company break out regulatory credits (of which 100% of which are the result of Auto sales).

You'd think the SEC was the Accounting Standards regulatory body... Nope, guess not.

Citadel is gonna leverage trader profit taking and their own shorting tomorrow to save my sold 1005c. Then they cover Monday and we close next week at $1,750. Obviously.

Here's today's QQQ chart: (US Tech macros Closed at intraday high)

View attachment 785309

And here's TSLA: (note the exaggerated MMD and pronounced capping into the Close)

View attachment 785310

You'd think the SEC was the Accounting Standards regulatory body... Nope, guess not.

"Who enforces FASB standards?​

Responsibility for enforcement and shaping of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) falls to two organizations: The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The SEC has the authority to both set and enforce accounting standards."