Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case it wasn't perfectly crystal clear, this is why analysts do NOT get Tesla.

We've all heard Craig talk before, but I've not heard such a statement before (link to SMRs video)

How on earth could he possibly believe this statement? I get that he might be a shill and all, but this has to be the single worst statement I've heard an analyst say about Tesla in recent memory.

My statement: Toyota is tech lagging in every single way to Tesla; all parts of the vehicle and that gap widens every day.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 7.47.59 AM.png

In case it wasn't perfectly crystal clear, this is why analysts do NOT get Tesla.

We've all heard Craig talk before, but I've not heard such a statement before (link to SMRs video)

How on earth could he possibly believe this statement? I get that he might be a shill and all, but this has to be the single worst statement I've heard an analyst say about Tesla in recent memory.

My statement: Toyota is tech lagging in every single way to Tesla; all parts of the vehicle and that gap widens every day.

View attachment 787871
But i thought Hydrogen > Battery powered cars

/s

View attachment 787871
(reduce volume)

View attachment 787871
Setting aside the battery tech Tesla is producing in-house. And the Alien Dreadnaught factory efficiency. If you assumed there were no production advantage.

Tesla still has a massive pile of supply contracts which are worth billions and increase in value every day. Massive battery contracts with CATL, Panasonic, & LG; massive nickel, and lithium contracts, etc etc. Those agreements alone are worth billions and increasing in value alone.

Someone entering this space today is likely paying 20-50% more to get a similar arrangement to what Tesla has. Many of these businesses are building massive expansions to accommodate Tesla. I’m sure the game plan is to let the massive Tesla orders pay with low margins for the facility and baseline capacity and reap massive profits on the additional capacity. That margin boosting additional capacity is what Toyota & Stellantis will be buying.

GM is incompetent in most other ways, but they at least have managed to secure 150 GWH of capacity from LG. Toyota?

I can almost understand an analyst not grocking Tesla’s technology advantage. A business analyst not seeing the value in these agreements is either incompetent or disingenuous.

Just wanted to give an update to this. I just checked again and the estimated delivery date has moved back to the original estimate of "June 2022". I wonder if they have that Giga Austin production ramping very smoothly now.

Remind us, does your order include FSD? This seems quite relevant for margins. Across the board price increases likely helped balance demand to supply as well.

Demand matters greatly even when delivery volume is fixed (Inelastic supply).

Different vehicle models, versions and configurations vary widely in the gross profit Tesla can get with the available components supply. In the extreme, a Model S Plaid with $12k FSD and all the $1-3k extras for wheels/paint/interior probably earns an order of magnitude more profit than the cheapest Model 3 SR.
Don‘t forget the 20k$ CarbonCeramicBrakes on the Plaid - I‘m sure they are gold-plated or something ;)

Remind us, does your order include FSD? This seems quite relevant for margins. Across the board price increases likely helped balance demand to supply as well.
No FSD.
Model Y, Long Range, 5 seat, Blue Exterior, White Interior, 19" rims and tow hitch.

Edit: I updated my signature too :cool: That way I dont need to clutter up this thread.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger

View attachment 787871
During that interview, I found the disclosure information interesting.
As a Market Maker on Tesla shares, I noticed that the conflict statement disclosed that Roth "buys and sells from customers on a principal basis".
I found it odd that they buy and sell FROM customers and not FOR customers.
Anyhow, as a Market Maker, should they really be providing price targets and buy/sell ratings on that stock?

1648654096929.png

1648654106806.png