Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Released today: Watch Return to Space | Netflix Official Site

1649326203052.png

Attachments

• 1649326040354.png
    1649326040354.png
    659.8 KB · Views: 87
… For example if you plug in a Tesla in an Electrify America charger, the Tesla should be able to handshake and do the payment with the Tesla app credit card information. ..
Yeah, that's how it SHOULD work, but do you want to bet? I see potential downsides in the US for Tesla owners. Only if this helps accelerate the expansion of the SC network and the SC experience is not degraded for Tesla owners would I see this as a desirable partnership.

Last edited:
Ron Baron on CNBC now.

positive on SpaceX and Ukraine

positive on EM and intense focus

describing being at Austin plant a few months ago and casting benefits - high quality and speed

received 20x on Tesla investment

GM 24 vs Tesla 310k in Q4

expects to stay invested for his lifetime, expects another 4x investment.

positive on SpaceX future

on inflation, stocks are the way to protect against inflation which he says stays about 5% not 2%. Tries to double investment about every 5 yrs. Tells a story about expensive steaks at $67/lb

Says Shopify better practices than Amazon. Modest investment.

Not an investor in Amazon himself unfortunately but studies logistics to understand it

not concerned about Twitter since small investment

”David” called him about Teslas metals sources, told missing the point which is the 20 million EV production, insurance, ride share, etc.

Says short sellers missing the greater picture.

positive results from early Schwab investments because revolutionized the industry

Last edited:
I wonder if they will unveil a self driving horse , at the Rodeo tomorrow….
Yes I know that that would just be a regular horse… but would be very Elon like. 😉
I own a couple of horses and the cool thing is that they are already self driving. If a horse is on a route that he knows, he will follow the route on his own, brake for pedestrians, yield to oncoming traffic, make unprotected left turns, etc. The rider doesn't need to steer. If the horse finds itself without its rider it will automatically drive itself home. It will even refuel itself autonomously. A horse is much more advanced than a Tesla.

I own a couple of horses and the cool thing is that they are already self driving. If a horse is on a route that he knows, he will follow the route on his own, brake for pedestrians, yield to oncoming traffic, make unprotected left turns, etc. The rider doesn't need to steer. If the horse finds itself without its rider it will automatically drive itself home. It will even refuel itself autonomously. A horse is much more advanced than a Tesla.
Emissions

WOW! I'm sorry but I have to say it again, WOW!

This article is on the home page of The Telegraph. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw it this morning. The Telegraph has produced a string of anti Tesla articles over the years, many of which I have commented on. Finally this. I suppose there s a limit to how long even this newspaper can continue to deny reality. And for those saying "it's only one month", a reminder that in 2021 the Model 3 was the second best selling car of any type in the UK.

And the article includes this wonderful line: "Tesla has done for cars what Apple did for mobile phones"

OK, one more time, WOW!

1649331548775.png

TL: DR: 3 pics of the upcoming Cyber rodeo event later today.

... butt the OTA updates are a beyotch. :p

500f6cea2dc5b1e523d255cfc7490b53.jpg

Cheers!

In 2015, I already had my 2013 Model S but I bought a Nissan Leaf to loan out to people. One after another, the lowly Leaf was able to convert many people to owning EV's.
I thought I was the only inveterate EV loaner here. I've been loaning mine to friends when I hear they're planning long trips mostly to support Tesla and save some gas.

But with the advent of higher gas prices/Ukraine/Russia... I'm thinking of loaning out my Model X for an eager Uber driver just so it can do more good keeping gas from being burned instead of sitting around in my garage so much; everybody else has to pay more for gas, so this is my way of contributing to the cause.

TL: DR: "Bank of America has raised its price target on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) to $1,300 per share from $1,100. Meanwhile, the firm is cutting its price targets for General Motors and Rivian."
Very good! But I wish these banks would find a way to "raise their TSLA price target" a little more effectively.

It’s not a dymaxion but it might be an early test mule of a 3 wheel concept that did not make the cut.
If there's really a 3-wheeler there, I'd think it more likely a belated April Fool's joke than a rejected concept (since it would have probably been rejected at the point Elon heard someone suggested it, which is hopefully long before someone actually built anything).

The Top Gear / Grand Tour skit writes itself though as far as an EV Robin goes, corners too hard, falls on it's side (as they did for the actual Robin in a Top Gear episode eons ago), bursts immediately into hollywood sized fireball (because EVs catch fire, naturally), cut back to Clarkson in the studio with the burned out wreckage of the vehicle, delivering a pun relating to the car being hot item or something along those lines.

Reactions: EnzoXYZ

FWIW the "source" tweet in Sawyers post appears to have been deleted, not that that necessarily means it wasn't true.

The photo is so old Elon might still have his original hair.

I thought he got plugs? In that case it is STILL his original hair, just relocated.

Lastly, for anyone not attending in person