Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the market badly misinterpreting Elon's 13D filing to think that he's going to raise $21B through the sale of TSLA shares?
The market is tanking because of the fed speech uncertainty and pull out from Russia having substantial impacts on q2 guidance. We should expect similar guidance from big tech reporting next week as what happened to Netflix. The market is still pricing in the stank.

The market is tanking because of the fed speech uncertainty and pull out from Russia having substantial impacts on q2 guidance. We should expect similar guidance from big tech reporting next week as what happened to Netflix. The market is still pricing in the stank.

Thanks - I haven't been as plugged in to the minutiae lately. (Which has been refreshing to say the least lol)

The board members own very very few shares of Twitter- so they'd be receiving very few TSLA shares in your suggestion.

It's kind of strange how little financial interest twitter board members have in the companys value increasing.
Correct, but "very few shares" to Elon is likely a lot to most of us, but I admit that I don't know the exact numbers.

So give them special shares - buy out the board. If that's too shady, go for the toenails I say. Make them out to be greedy and use their own twitter platform to do it - they hold free speech hostage. It could work. 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if the board would/will put it to a full vote by all members? I especially wonder what the actual shareholders would do. I suppose that's the pressure they're under right now.

The charger contention ratio slipping has been pretty constant for a long time, and shows no sign of reversing trend

View attachment 796127
This chart is nearly meaningless.

You need a baseline number of chargers just to cover the highway network. If you have a few cars most of those will be largely idle. Doubling the number of cars might saturate those locations, but not necessarily. This number is going to inflate as Tesla’s fleet grows even if there is no contention.

The important metric is probably the average number of Superchargers which are at max capacity on a busy weekend. If a Supercharger is at max capacity, that means there is likely waiting.

Adding 20 stalls in a high traffic area is going to impact wait times a lot more than adding 6 stalls in backwater Kansas. This chart doesn’t remotely reflect that.

EDIT: We need those baseline stations and more chargers at high volume locations. The above comment was just pointing out the limitations of a bad chart.

Last edited:
"pull out from Russia"??

What's that about? I never seem to know what's going on.

lol Craig…🤣
When will they learn..Craig says 'Tesla will face major competition....50 new EV's coming...but i have to say Tesla is a magnificent company....just grossly overvalued"

Seems like a closet bull but his hand is being forced to say things he does not believe by alleged extraneous sources.

"Any company can bring what Tesla brings to the market" 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Correct, but "very few shares" to Elon is likely a lot to most of us, but I admit that I don't know the exact numbers.

twitterboard.jpg

So give them special shares - buy out the board. If that's too shady, go for the toenails I say. Make them out to be greedy and use their own twitter platform to do it - they hold free speech hostage. It could work. 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if the board would/will put it to a full vote by all members? I especially wonder what the actual shareholders would do. I suppose that's the pressure they're under right now.

It’s been a little while since I looked at the chart, but IIRC there are several members who don’t even own $1m worth of stock.

Reactions: SOULPEDL