Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whats all this crucifix nonsense. I'm just saying there is a market segment there tesla can sell to, but I see that its heresy to even say that here. Ok, whatever.
And BTW 'the worlds most far flung'? seriously? Everyone in a rural community is 'far flung'? Talk about being stuck in an echo chamber.
It's perfectly possible, and more profitable perhaps, for Tesla to leave that relatively small market to someone else. If Tesla can dominate cities and suburbs with Robotaxis, everyone one here will need a Robotaxi for their own private island.

PE approaching 100. Is someone monitoring @StarFoxisDown! ?

This is utter madness.
Haha, man I'm really curious to as to how low they're going to let TSLA's TTM P/E go.............I'm getting myself positioned to buy more shares on margin.

Though I'm done with buying more options/LEAPS. Simply can't trust Elon to not do something that makes owning options 10X more stressful than owning stock, even stock on margin. 🥴

Legitimately, my sister does have a Ph.D. in Economics, and we talk frequently enough that hopefully I've picked up some things.

Hopefully, not too much...

But I don't think the market is a very good "validator" of my economic acumen. At least not in the short term (too much volatility and anyone can pick a point to support their argument).

Exactly. Economic theory is used as a tool to control investors behavior. It's useful in the aggregate as far as holding our economic system together but, taken at face value, is not useful to the individual investor unless you want to assist the Fed in managing the monetary system. That is very bad for your brokerage account but it helps out the collective if you're into that kind of thing.

Yes this is crazy. I had a good year last year meaning I have a EUR500k tax bill to be paid at the end of June. And I had that money sat in my account.

I have just got off the phone with my bank manager to get a EUR1m 12m loan at 1% interest and at the same time I have bought 100 Tesla shares with my tax money. And I will keep buying as it goes down

This is too good to miss out on!

Man, those Q1 financials were so huge for TSLA. Relative strength since then even with the Twitter overhang is substantial. Elon also really did TSLA shareholders a solid by disclosing that he was finished selling TSLA shares a couple weeks back.

Interesting times ahead. I'm going to dust off my crystal ball and say that unless we get a good CPI print this week the market is going to need to dump lower and exhibit some real fear before buyers step back in. For as painful as this drawdown has been, it feels too orderly to be capitulation.

Revisiting this with the CPI numbers now in, I think we're going to need at least another leg down and some more panic before the bottom is in. I'll look to add in the $600s if we get back there.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with our Pacifica Hybrid. We got a recall notice that the LG battery pack is at risk of fire and to not charge it. To park it outside away from structures. This is the exact same as the bolt and they state they have no solution to it yet. That's one reason we considered trying to sell it/trade it for a Model Y or X

Very much suspect rural areas will be “stuck” on personal vehicles. Another (semi self imposed) burden on the rural poor.

Imagine for a second a rural town with 10 robo-taxis and it’s graduation night at the local high school. You’ve got 1000+ parents and family members there and 10 robo-taxis to get them too/ from the event. Just doesn’t work.

It’s a problem with larger venues in general. Perhaps that’s where hyperloops come in.

The parents and family members who all need to get to the high school, also need to get work, or wherever else they're going during the morning and evening rushes.
You'd use the same vehicles.

Reactions: JRP3
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with our Pacifica Hybrid. We got a recall notice that the LG battery pack is at risk of fire and to not charge it. To park it outside away from structures. This is the exact same as the bolt and they state they have no solution to it yet. That's one reason we considered trying to sell it/trade it for a Model Y or X
Try doing this...

The most surprising thing isn't that Hyundais or even BMWs catch fire, but that people ignore this fact and the recalls. This really highlights core competency or lack of.
Problem is that most people assume all EV/battery technology is the same regardless of who makes the car. Tesla has shown that their cars are very fire resistant, so there's a belief that other cars are equal. It doesn't help that only Teslas on fire make the news. It's an educate one person at a time kind of thing.

Revisiting this with the CPI numbers now in, I think we're going to need at least another leg down and some more panic before the bottom is in. I'll look to add in the $600s if we get back there.
I like your old quote. Remember.....Elon was done selling back then, but the crew he assembled was just starting.

All these guys (Ellison, etc.) likely planned to fund their Twitter investment with TSLA shares too. That selling pressure alone could get us down from $1000 to $755.

Haha, man I'm really curious to as to how low they're going to let TSLA's TTM P/E go.............I'm getting myself positioned to buy more shares on margin.

Though I'm done with buying more options/LEAPS. Simply can't trust Elon to not do something that makes owning options 10X more stressful than owning stock, even stock on margin. 🥴
I'm thinking the same as you. Currently, I am sitting on both shares and LEAPs.

While I am tempted to trade more shares for LEAPs at these SPs, I'm going to resist the temptation. Who knows how long it may take for the macro market to improve. As bullish as I am long term, I can easily see a scenario where the SP doesn't make significant gains before Q3 numbers print.

And knowing me and my impeccable timing, as soon as I trade shares for LEAPs, I would expect a big drop. Now that I've decided to not make that trade, odds are much more favorable that the SP increases from here. :rolleyes: