Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be because markets don't like uncertainty. And Elon is discussing with Twitter boss Parag how to determine the amount of bots on Twitter. The discussion being done using Twitter (of course) so that everyone can follow. Giving ammo to the Twitter vs Tesla FUD crowd.

IMHO this too will pass. So HODL.
Market does not like continued and increasing production and sales when it comes to TSLA. Market is trying to get a tesla for themselves and can't because they are all ready all sold for the near future. And of course market does not like more and newer factories since they cost money and they make more money as they function.

I don't really blame Elon for all this. After all, it's his right to buy what he wants and sell TSLA shares when he wants and however many he wants to sell. But dear god did he pick the absolute worst timing to do it. He added selling pressure at a time when Giga Shanghai was shutdown and now is only production half of what it normally does and macro markets were clearly delicate and in limbo with volatility. It has given Wall St the most ammo to drop TSLA since early 2019. Hence why I think 500/600's are coming.

I do wish Elon would wrap this Twitter drama up and show some support for the stock. If TSLA does get dropped into the 500/600's, a lot of retail TSLA investors will be wiped out to a certain degree.

I know some here can use the mantra of "Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" but I also don't feel that a investor should have to expect the CEO of the company they're invested in to add tons of selling pressure and volatility, with some of the selling pressure coming from the CEO himself. I don't think it's necessarily good karma to have a retail investor be forced to sell from fear of their CEO. I'm not talking margin calls, I'm talking bout life happening. Sometimes life events happen which mean you have to cut your investment horizon shorter because you simply can't risk holding with Elon 🤷‍♂️

I'm lucky that I'm not one of those people, I have plenty of time and flexibility that measure in the next 5-10 year minimum (nor would I be at a risk of margin call even in the 300's) Some investors don't have that luxury or they did, but their 5-10 year windows was 5-10 years ago.....which means they need to money now.

Hence why I made the post earlier this morning that everyone should be prepared for a drop into the 500's.

So are you hedging?

Reactions: mrmtb
Just read something my bro sent me .... from his broker. He's got almost 19k shares of tesla and they sent a letter with "Preliminary Information" about the potential split ... it talks about a 20:1 split!!!!

Obviously we all know that a split was coming ... but this is the first I'm hearing about 20:1. Anyone out there heard anything like this? If this is even close to true it would be amazing for existing shareholders.

There have been other "insider" rumblings about TSLA's split being 20:1. Nothing confirmed of course, but it's a super strong rumor right now.

At the very least, it’s a price renegotiation tactic.
Yeah I think that is what is happening now, but I don't think either party will find an amendable figure. With today's market, Twitter is probably worth about ~22-24b. So a 15% premium on that is ~25-27b... that would be June 2020 prices (or about today flat) and the board is very unlikely to accept that... I'd argue anything below 38b is too low for the board. I doubt Elon will go for anything above 32-33b right now. This is a rock and a hard place in the negotiations. It is getting ugly and we know Elon can be prone to making some quick decisions.

"Musk on Monday estimated that fake users make up at least 20% of all users, according to the Bloomberg report. Twitter, meanwhile, has said the accounts made up fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users in the past quarter."

20%? This can crash twitter stock if true.

If that's true, me likey! I was pulling for 10:1, but this would make TSLA even more affordable for potential younger buyers who have been going fractional... I think they'd rather own full shares. And I don't think it would take long for a share to increase substantially if it cost ~$40 to begin with.
The other constituent that will benefit the most are employees with their employee stock purchase plan, since ESPPs can only purchase whole shares.

Great find!

Elon has said several times that "they have no ideal what's coming" and I belive that we don't have the proper idea either.
This is the Grohman factory, it was covered a year or so ago when a large building expansion was started by Tesla. Those discarded cans are likely for use in designing pack assembly machines. There is no reason to think any cell processing is being done here.

If that's true, me likey! I was pulling for 10:1, but this would make TSLA even more affordable for potential younger buyers who have been going fractional... I think they'd rather own full shares. And I don't think it would take long for a share to increase substantially if it cost ~$40 to begin with.
My 14 yr old son is one of them, he's asking for us to pick up a share of TSLA for him but he doesn't have enough currently in his savings.

This is the Grohman factory, it was covered a year or so ago when a large building expansion was started by Tesla. Those discarded cans are likely for use in designing pack assembly machines. There is no reason to think any cell processing is being done here.
I know what factory was it.
My point was not that this factory makes the big cans really.

Perhaps this was not too clear, but I still think that hardly anybody knows the full scope of what's brewing at Tesla. In a good way of course.

Reactions: wipster
I don't really blame Elon for all this. After all, it's his right to buy what he wants and sell TSLA shares when he wants and however many he wants to sell. But dear god did he pick the absolute worst timing to do it. He added selling pressure at a time when Giga Shanghai was shutdown and now is only production half of what it normally does and macro markets were clearly delicate and in limbo with volatility. It has given Wall St the most ammo to drop TSLA since early 2019. Hence why I think 500/600's are coming.

I do wish Elon would wrap this Twitter drama up and show some support for the stock. If TSLA does get dropped into the 500/600's, a lot of retail TSLA investors will be wiped out to a certain degree.

I know some here can use the mantra of "Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" but I also don't feel that a investor should have to expect the CEO of the company they're invested in to add tons of selling pressure and volatility, with some of the selling pressure coming from the CEO himself. I don't think it's necessarily good karma to have a retail investor be forced to sell from fear of their CEO. I'm not talking margin calls, I'm talking bout life happening. Sometimes life events happen which mean you have to cut your investment horizon shorter because you simply can't risk holding with Elon 🤷‍♂️

I'm lucky that I'm not one of those people, I have plenty of time and flexibility that measure in the next 5-10 year minimum (nor would I be at a risk of margin call even in the 300's) Some investors don't have that luxury or they did, but their 5-10 year windows was 5-10 years ago.....which means they need that money now or within the next year.

Hence why I made the post earlier this morning that everyone should be prepared for a drop into the 500's.
I said the same thing back in May 2020, briefly after I rage sold my shares. It would be great if everyday wasn't a philosophical dilemma with TSLA. You've gotta admit, as much as TSLA is about reaching as many retail investors as possible, it tends to treat those already bought in in a strange way at times.