Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy smokes. Why do some people think Elon has alienated half the country?

I have voted Democrat for the last 18 years. Tesla hasn’t lost me. And by the reactions on my post here, it will be okay save for a percentage of the “omg I’m totally offended” crowd. Good riddance if you ask me. Good lord.
Elon voting Republican won’t alienate people. Elon tweeting about how awful Democrats are will alienate people.

Sorry that you can't see how Elon is alienating people. A lot of people are proud to be 'woke'. Just because a small number of very visible Twitter users have polluted that term with extremism, does not make treating people equally a negative trait. Elon has started out attacking the edges of the LGBT community, but then slowly dived deeper and deeper into the swamp. A lot of people identify with being a liberal, and Elon has made it clear that liberal PAIN is his pleasure. Do you think someone wishing you pain and hurt is a good thing?
I CAN see how he is alienating a chunk of people. But not anywhere near 50%. Sorry that so many think the Democratic Party is infallible. The party is NOT what it used to be. Until Dems wake up and stop eating their own, the dem party will lose.

Tell us what improved Tesla position in the nation during the Trump administration? What single policy helped? I can say that the Obama Administration did, I can even say the Bush Administration did. Nothing the Trump administration did helped Tesla. If there is something let us know. Seems to me he just wanted to jab Biden because of the visits by Biden to GM and Ford plants. I said many times Elon should invite Biden publicly to the opening of the worlds largest EV factory. He didnt. Why not? That could have really opened Bidens eyes.
I agree. I think Biden is fundamentally a good and decent human being. He can see the truth given a chance as opposed to the narcissistic egotistical racist maniac “I alone can fix it” scum bag.
I can’t see anything good coming out of a guy who can only think of his own interests above all else!

Holy smokes. Why do some people think Elon has alienated half the country?

I have voted Democrat for the last 18 years. Tesla hasn’t lost me. And by the reactions on my post here, it will be okay save for a percentage of the “omg I’m totally offended” crowd. Good riddance if you ask me. Good lord.
people are forgetting ALL ELON CARES ABOUT IS FREE SPEECH! That's his mission, a world where free speech exists, within the confines of the constitution. he's apolitical, he don't give a rat's arse who's in charge, but for now the "left" are the ones coming after him for wanting free speech and now he's lashing out.

what'd people expect him to do? he almost died while being bullied as a kid. did ya think he'd lay down and just take it? if people did, then they don't know the man.

people on here grousing about someone's political leanings...did y'all forget this thing called an environmental existential crisis, and who's leading the charge????

In those kind of fake downtrend times, pansies grow left and right. The shouting of hurt feelings is prevalent.
Long gone are the times when people had a pair. In any case, Elon can say what he wants. Holding TSLA not mandatory.
Exactly. Gamblers who bought at recent highs crying like children about 'Elon bad tweeting' and other irrelevant short term nonsense. People don't seem to learn and always want to blame someone else. Buckle up kids!

Sorry that you can't see how Elon is alienating people. A lot of people are proud to be 'woke'. Just because a small number of very visible Twitter users have polluted that term with extremism, does not make treating people equally a negative trait. Elon has started out attacking the edges of the LGBT community, but then slowly dived deeper and deeper into the swamp. A lot of people identify with being a liberal, and Elon has made it clear that liberal PAIN is his pleasure. Do you think someone wishing you pain and hurt is a good thing?
If people are actually feeling "PAIN" from Elon's tweets, they have bigger issues than Elon's tweets. IMO anyway. He is center/left. Or what was center/left a few years ago. He hasn't changed, the Dem party has.

I wish Elon would steer clear of politics, but…

First they denied the existence of Tesla
Then they tried to give tax money to its competitors
They called him an evil and greedy public enemy
They wanted to tax all billionares, especially him, for being rich
Now they are trying to tell the world his renewable energy company is not socially responsible

I see a man speaking up for the truth. Who else is gonna do it if not Elon? Do you want to wait till the whole world has got the notion of Tesla as an evil enterprise repeatedly stuffed so far down their throat that they take it as the truth?

Last edited:
"In 2013, Fetterman pursued a man and pulled a shotgun on him because he wrongly believed the man, who turned out to be a Black jogger, had been involved in a shooting. While the incident has long loomed over Fetterman’s campaign, it’s been particularly amplified by his opponents as the May 17 Democratic primary approaches. And Republicans are almost certain to make it an issue in a general election if Fetterman is the Democratic nominee."

This guy?
Yes.

people are forgetting ALL ELON CARES ABOUT IS FREE SPEECH! That's his mission, a world where free speech exists, within the confines of the constitution. he's apolitical, he don't give a rat's arse who's in charge, but for now the "left" are the ones coming after him for wanting free speech and now he's lashing out.

what'd people expect him to do? he almost died while being bullied as a kid. did ya think he'd lay down and just take it? if people did, then they don't know the man.

people on here grousing about someone's political leanings...did y'all forget this thing called an environmental existential crisis, and who's leading the charge????
I hadn't heard that-do you have a link to the story? Would like to learn more. THanks.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Exactly. Gamblers who bought at recent highs crying like children about 'Elon bad tweeting' and other irrelevant short term nonsense. People don't seem to learn and always want to blame someone else. Buckle up kids!

swing and a miss. I've been a shareholder since 2015. Holding through downturns and crashes is easy. Holding through Elon openly supporting white supremacy and bigotry is hard. My anger has zero to do with the share price, i've been through that part a thousand times.

"In 2013, Fetterman pursued a man and pulled a shotgun on him because he wrongly believed the man, who turned out to be a Black jogger, had been involved in a shooting. While the incident has long loomed over Fetterman’s campaign, it’s been particularly amplified by his opponents as the May 17 Democratic primary approaches. And Republicans are almost certain to make it an issue in a general election if Fetterman is the Democratic nominee."

This guy?

So a story about owning a gun, trying to be tough on crime, and persecuting minorities? Republicans might have a tough time spinning that as a negative to their voters.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

swing and a miss. I've been a shareholder since 2015. Holding through downturns and crashes is easy. Holding through Elon openly supporting white supremacy and bigotry is hard. My anger has zero to do with the share price.
OK, show 1 place where Elon has supported white supremacy or bigotry. We'll wait.

Here's the thing: I think he is ticking off the far left; who are perhaps 15% of the population? While gaining in approval with the ~50% of the population right of center. This would result in a net gain in potential customer base.

If I were Elon and my mission was to move the world to sustainable energy, wouldn't it make sense to start aligning with the party that prides itself on getting out of the way of business? 50%+ of this country aligns with him. While the dems likely got Tesla to where they are, in order to succeed he needs the republicans to buy in too.
My worry as an investor is the that Elon is reducing a large chunk of the TAM pie with his politics, so this is very relevant discussion to future demand. The "right of center" supporters that he is gaining now largely view climate change as a hoax, are against renewables and solar, want to "drill baby drill", "clean coal", roll back MPG requirements, etc. I just don't see them replacing the demand of the predominately left leaning buyers that have historically supported Tesla's growth. Yes, these are generalizations, of course there are exceptions.

I still love Elon, my Model 3, my TSLA chairs and can't wait for my Cybertruck. But I think his actions will materially affect the business in a negative way.

swing and a miss. I've been a shareholder since 2015. Holding through downturns and crashes is easy. Holding through Elon openly supporting white supremacy and bigotry is hard. My anger has zero to do with the share price, i've been through that part a thousand times.
So you with the Russians who said Starlink is directly supporting the Nazis in Ukraine?..lol

nope. stick to what i said and don't make things up about me please.
Well you said Musk supporting white supremacists and that was the first thing that came to mind. (btw, there is a small neo nazi group that fight along with the Ukrainian army in the Donbas who may or may not be using starlink...life is full of nuances).