Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly! And as I’ve observed from you intelligent people, there have been endless charts, diagrams, grids, lines, numbers and foreign acronyms running all over this forum exhaustingly that exemplify the fact the the MMs/wallstreet are clearly controlling the SP, at least for the time being, and little movement appears to be attributed to much else (Elon’s mouth, outstanding profit, barely any debt, new products and innovations, etc).
Relax and enjoy the sunshine this summer. Or sell it and buy something else.
Exactly. None of it has anything to do with Elon. None. Of. It.

The 2022 Righteous Indignation Awards Show starts at 8pm EST tonight. Hope everyone is finished writing their speeches and has their outfits picked out. There are no after party invites for any of you, as expected.

It is easy for those of us in the Tesla bubble to underestimate the sheer lack of awareness of Tesla and EVs in the general population.

Many Tesla drivers still today are reporting experiences where curious people were surprised to learn the most basic facts, such as:
  • The car doesn’t take gas at all
  • The motor is very quiet and sounds futuristic
  • The range is 250+ miles
  • Charging usually happens overnight like with personal electronics
  • Superchargers exist
  • Electricity is way cheaper than gas
  • Charging at superchargers does not take 2 hours
  • Teslas sold in America are made in America
  • The UI is cool and has a lot of useful features found in no other car
  • Maintenance is almost nonexistent
  • The car is the safest on the road
The latent demand potential remains enormous, as the effect of Superbowl ads from Lagacy Auto indisputably demonstrated. Those ads were all typical unethical emotional manipulation with very little meaningful information provided, yet merely reminding consumers of the existence and legitimacy of EVs was sufficient to literally double orders for Tesla overnight. How much that effect was sustained is unknown, but even for one day that is truly remarkable.

When people start to research EVs and curiously browse Tesla.com, maybe they don’t order immediately, but the education doesn’t just disappear from their brains.
The notion of potential future purchase is imprinted, the behavior of going to Tesla.com has been activated, Tesla.com is in their browser history and may pop up for a moment in suggestions whenever they type the letter ‘T’, and the seed is planted and may bloom in the future. There is a cumulative population-level ratchet effect occurring every time this happens and it’s already contributing to the decline in ICE demand.

The Vegas Loop is effectively a manufacturing line that mass produces positive first impressions with Tesla’s product and brand for the general public with a current minimum cycle time of 3 seconds. This is amazing. A dinky little pair of tunnels with a fleet of just 70 vehicles introduced about 1M folks in about a year, as I calculated earlier today. Raise your hand if you as a brand ambassador have personally given rides in your Tesla to 14k people since June. The marketing leverage on display here is unheard of in the car industry. And Tesla doesn’t give special discounts to anybody, so we actually made a small profit selling those 70 cars to TBC. Best marketing campaign of all time for negative $1M cost and no recurring expenses. Wow!

Retail companies in general, and in particular car stealerships, have known from over a century of experience in social engineering that baiting folks into walking through the door of the store and putting the product in front of their five senses is the most effective sales strategy. This has been proven time and time again and the underlying consumer psychology is well understood by modern science at this point.

Tesla doesn’t even need traditional bait. Via their Boring Co partnership, they are providing a very fast and convenient shuttle service for busy people who are tired of walking around for hours, and a pleasant direct product experience is a happy byproduct. Better yet, the conversion rate for Tesla first experience —> intent to purchase is much higher than for other cars because the product is so awesome and speaks so loudly on its own behalf. Tesla also doesn’t need 2-3 months’ worth of sales in inventory sitting in parking lots collecting bird poop to generate these impressions, because they’re just squeezing maximum utility out of the aforementioned 70 cars.

I cannot emphasize enough the impact that millions of annual Vegas Loop rides will have on demand in the near future as this expands. I cannot emphasize enough how much more impact it will have if autonomy is implemented by then, especially if it really goes like 70-100 mph in the long straightaway under Las Vegas Boulevard.

The fates of Boring Co and Tesla are now tightly intertwined. Boring Co is not necessary for Tesla to earn trillions, but if TBC can hit a fraction of their goals it will be a massive boon to Tesla moving forward. The Vegas Loop is ushering in a new era for Tesla.

Yes I’m hearing same from two friends this week. And one of the posters here is saying said his wife wants to cancel S order.

My wife cancelled her order, and so did both of my kids. People who think Elon embracing the toxic hatred of the right wing won’t have serious repercussions for the brand are delusional.

Elon is not digging his own grave, he's building his future, same as always.

He can see the political winds are shifting away from D's and towards R's in the next two elections so he's establishing that you do not cross a man as influential as Elon Musk. Dems will lose influence in coming elections and this will cause both parties to suck up to him and catapult him and his companies to the next level of the stratosphere.

Elon does not plan ahead one or two days, he plans for the next 2-5 years. It's difficult for me to watch just how short- sighted so many TMC people have become!
If I were Elon and my mission was to move the world to sustainable energy, wouldn't it make sense to start aligning with the party that prides itself on getting out of the way of business? 50%+ of this country aligns with him. While the dems likely got Tesla to where they are, in order to succeed he needs the republicans to buy in too. If your business requires the red tape to be ripped up in order to start mining nickel and lithium, who would you partner with? It ain't the party of Bernie, Warren, and AOC. There is no real leader on the dem side and they are resorting to blaming boogie men rather than fixing existential issues. Elon is fixing these issues and sometimes you need to get your hands dirty. He realizes that the scale and changes that are being made require political capital...he's buying that right now.

I have voted Dem my whole life, and if it weren't for Jan 6th I might be inclined to flip...but not just yet for me. But Elon....well I trust him with far more than I trust our political candidates or parties. He knows how to get stuff done and that is what we need. Give Elon 100B god only knows how much better our infrastructure could be...you cannot say that for the government at any level right now.

I'm sure many of the same people would have applauded his 4D chess moves if the stock was up 7% instead of being down 7%. Whatever you guys do don't take any decisions emotionally that you might regret in 3 months or 6 months or 5 years. Tesla the company continues to be in a great position. Until Unless something changes on that front I'm HODLing.

"Invest in the business, not in the stock"
FTFY.

Reactions: jerry33
My wife cancelled her order, and so did both of my kids. People who think Elon embracing the toxic hatred of the right wing won’t have serious repercussions for the brand are delusional.

Lot's of delusional Norwegians over here who would love to get our hands on those cars.

Edit: My point - if not clear - is that even if all Tesla buyers in the US disappeared over night Tesla would still sell every car they make.

Last edited:
Quiet day today, so sharing some good news on the Macro side. Wholesale inventories are up, which suggests we will start to see some pricing decreases. I'm still in the camp that believes a lot of our inflation is due to supply constraints. As those ease, the need for stricter monetary policy should fade.
I'm not going to have one ounce of "shocked" in me when in 4-6 months.............. inflation is in a big downtrend, Fed has to walk back 75% of their hawkish tone, the Fed fund rates get to 1.5-2% before flatlining, the economy never goes into recession, just 1-2 quarters of very small growth.....and the markets are back to their highs from Nov 2021 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not going to have one ounce of "shocked" in me when in 4-6 months.............. inflation is in a big downtrend, Fed has to walk back 75% of their hawkish tone, the Fed fund rates get to 1.5-2% before flatlining, the economy never goes into recession, just 1-2 quarters of very small growth.....and the markets are back to their highs from Nov 2021 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Define Hopium:

"
I'm not going to have one ounce of "shocked" in me when in 4-6 months.............. inflation is in a big downtrend, Fed has to walk back 75% of their hawkish tone, the Fed fund rates get to 1.5-2% before flatlining, the economy never goes into recession, just 1-2 quarters of very small growth.....and the markets are back to their highs from Nov 2021"

I don't disagree with your post btw.