Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
honestly embarrassed to take delivery next month. sure I’m not the only one. what a clown.
Then don’t if your nose is so bent out of shape. Cancel the order. Simple.

So many people having to announce their exits. I’m traumatized. I’m embarrassed. 🙄 Give me a break. Just leave quietly and with some dignity.

I think it is about time for you to have another conversation with Mom on what the projections of $TSLA SP will be going forward....or has she 'shadow banned' you? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
You could be right on both accounts, but do we really think the people here deserve nice things right now, like a SP prediction from the veil? No, me neither.

The market always overreacts both ways.. I am seeing inflation as being sorted out by next year too. Last month annualized was 3.6%.. sure higher than long term average but more than half as much as yoy inflation.
You're doing well considering, our inflation figures in the UK have just come out at 9%! The reality for most is real inflation is way up on that as well, anytime I take note of the current price of any none food products for sale that I bought a year or so ago, the increases look to be around 30%.

I'm really pleased we (Tesla) have such a backlog of car demand at an upper middle segment demographic price, as I expect the lower priced automotive market segment is about to see a sales collapse as poorer households hold off on changing vehicles.

I swear to God, the stock is at 3,500 pre-split and people are having meltdowns in here.

Clearly we need to have big recessions more often, it's like people don't remember anything about what happened in 2008 or 2000. You would think the world was ending in this thread right now.

I'm glad I never use margin and I'm glad I don't go around selling options spreads. That's all I need to sleep well at night. I'm filling my days with cooking nice meals for myself and playing video games, and I'm planning on a road trip to visit family in a few weeks.

None of them have the same megaphone. And because they know they have a fiduciary duty to shareholders that is much more important than something like feeding an addiction to tweeting, traditionally they don’t shout it.
Meh. 72% of Elon’s Twitter followers are bots. Megaphone not that big.

Elon warned you and every shareholder years ago; if you don’t like volatility, don’t own TSLA shares. Don’t cry now because you didn’t listen to him.

Lot's of delusional Norwegians over here who would love to get our hands on those cars.

Edit: My point - if not clear - is that even if all Tesla buyers in the US disappeared over night Tesla would still sell every car they make.
This is true now and I fully agree. But with two new factories coming online, it will not be true two years from now. Tesla is enjoying amazing margins and pricing power. But triple output and you do have to reach down lower in the market. And you cannot alienate 50% of the country. A lot of us can stomach Elon being ambivalent politically (I prefer it), or having a minor preference. But when he starts putting weight on one side of the scale, while that side of the scale is threatening rights we hold dear, it will be too much. While politics has become more and more incendiary and extreme, the latest from the Supreme Court has made the stakes all to real for many of us.

Current FUD level = OVERLOAD....TIME TO BUY MORE!!!

1652909005403.png

This statement is about investment, my investment, not politics, not my politics.
My investment in TSLA has largely been because of Elon.
So ban me or delete this comment for politics if you wish.
As far as I am concerned it is Elon who is bringing politics into TSLA, Tesla, and the Investment World.
It is Elon that has injected politics (in a poisonous way) into MY investment world. So I will respond in terms of my investment thesis.
Elon is now projecting, and blindly hypocritical.
He is supporting an ideological framework to everything.
He has abandoned civility.
He won't criticize autocrats, only democrats.
He has lost his first-principles thinking, as he has swerved into politics.
His new attitude is not to work toward understanding, but to lash out for vengeance in ways that are infantile and self destructive.
He used to respond well to criticisms, and work toward understanding. No longer.
Where is Elon demonstrating the kindness that he claims the democrats don't have? He himself is acting hateful and fomenting divisions!
He is not showing the respect to others that he would wish for himself.
Elon has now lost my respect. I thought until yesterday it couldn't happen. It has.
I support Tesla and its mission.
But I cannot any longer support Elon.
His recent activity has left me traumatized, honestly.
It's very difficult and painful, as he is validating many of the things that some have said against him.
Family and friends have called me about it. He has been a brilliant engineer and business leader.
His recent public and political words and actions are not brilliant to say the least.
I am embarrassed for him. I can no longer offer any reasonable defense for his antics.
It's no longer just a matter of a difference of opinion.
Elon has lost his sense, his ethics, and his reason.
I will be getting out of all investments involving Elon.
I have great respect for your stance and integrity. Well done you!

Personally, I'm holding my nose and holding on for dear life to my TSLA, I've been poor for too much of my life, prior to the last few years, to take a principled stance over Elons (apparent!) political change of heart. I need to continue to increase my wealth exponentially whilst supporting the company still doing most to actually help improve the worlds future.

It's fascinating how this thread is full of trolls on deeply red days.

Elon hasn't said anything shocking today, he just opened up about his political stance. I couldn't care less who he votes for, the business called Tesla is sound and unchanged.

Do you know who else doesn't care? Wall Street. They just like money and have the memory of a goldfish. By year end nobody is talking about what Elon tweeted today, but all will be in awe of the yearly growth Tesla has shown AGAIN.

If you want out, sell. But don't expect my sympathy when you're crying for another dip to get in the stock after we've reached new highs.

This is true now and I fully agree. But with two new factories coming online, it will not be true two years from now. Tesla is enjoying amazing margins and pricing power. But triple output and you do have to reach down lower in the market. And you cannot alienate 50% of the country. A lot of us can stomach Elon being ambivalent politically (I prefer it), or having a minor preference. But when he starts putting weight on one side of the scale, while that side of the scale is threatening rights we hold dear, it will be too much. While politics has become more and more incendiary and extreme, the latest from the Supreme Court has made the stakes all to real for many of us.
Holy smokes. Why do some people think Elon has alienated half the country?

I have voted Democrat for the last 18 years. Tesla hasn’t lost me. And by the reactions on my post here, it will be okay save for a percentage of the “omg I’m totally offended” crowd. Good riddance if you ask me. Good lord.

It's fascinating how this thread is full of trolls on deeply red days.

Elon hasn't said anything shocking today, he just opened up about his political stance. I couldn't care less who he votes for, the business called Tesla is sound and unchanged.

Do you know who else doesn't care? Wall Street. They just like money and have the memory of a goldfish. By year end nobody is talking about what Elon tweeted today, but all will be in awe of the yearly growth Tesla has shown AGAIN.

If you want out, sell. But don't expect my sympathy when you're crying for another dip to get in the stock after we've reached new highs.

I don't even see posts by Trolls, but ever other post does seem like a Troll posted it ;)

What til you guys get a load of Johnny Fetterman, our Dem nominee for Senate in PA. He literally might save us all from this nonsense. Not much better than a shift from Pat Toomey to this guy.....you'll see. Trust the Process!

homepage-introblock-min.png
"In 2013, Fetterman pursued a man and pulled a shotgun on him because he wrongly believed the man, who turned out to be a Black jogger, had been involved in a shooting. While the incident has long loomed over Fetterman’s campaign, it’s been particularly amplified by his opponents as the May 17 Democratic primary approaches. And Republicans are almost certain to make it an issue in a general election if Fetterman is the Democratic nominee."

This guy?

Holy smokes. Why do some people think Elon has alienated half the country?

I have voted Democrat for the last 18 years. Tesla hasn’t lost me. And by the reactions on my post here, it will be okay save for a percentage of the “omg I’m totally offended” crowd. Good riddance if you ask me. Good lord.
Sorry that you can't see how Elon is alienating people. A lot of people are proud to be 'woke'. Just because a small number of very visible Twitter users have polluted that term with extremism, does not make treating people equally a negative trait. Elon has started out attacking the edges of the LGBT community, but then slowly dived deeper and deeper into the swamp. A lot of people identify with being a liberal, and Elon has made it clear that liberal PAIN is his pleasure. Do you think someone wishing you pain and hurt is a good thing?

We could all use some humour today. I thought this article trending on Yahoo Finance was classic.
Editor - pick title of article, check
add picture of high gas prices at the local gas station, check

Bwah ha ha. Not one, not two, but three Teslas. That would be checkmate.

View attachment 805810
They probably do this intentionally. To make people think Teslas are ICEVs. You can never trust the MM shills.