Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people are really underestimating the damage that's been done to the Tesla brand image in the last few weeks... Used to hearing the occasional comments here and there about quality and random fires over the last 10 years, but it's so much worse now. People I've never heard from or seen comment on Tesla are relentlessly bashing them.
Google for 'Antennagate' and 'Bendgate' sometime. Now look at what Apple has done since.

This sort of thing is done by the media all the time. If you let them win, it's you accepting defeat. I would imagine most Apple shareholders didn't sell because of manufactured media scandals...

I think people are really underestimating the damage that's been done to the Tesla brand image in the last few weeks... Used to hearing the occasional comments here and there about quality and random fires over the last 10 years, but it's so much worse now. People I've never heard from or seen comment on Tesla are relentlessly bashing them.

I think you are seriously overestimating the importance of what happens on twitter (and other social media). Not a single real life person mentioned the Elon twitter drama to me.

I think people are really OVER-estimating the damage that has been done. Besides the few political fanatics who were not on pro-Musk anyways, this really is a nothing burger.

37% of the voting adult doesn't even vote

30% of republicans buy Tesla despite knowing Elon was a democrat, most likely because the average household income for Tesla buyers are over 140k/year.

Gas prices are in the stratosphere
Everyone knows gas is yesterday's technology, people look pretty hard when they are about to dump 60k into a car.

The Chinese people, who are going to be the largest car market, were not harmed by Elon's political rant. In fact the Chinese people are extremely fiscally conservative who believes in extreme hard work and self determination. I might be speculating but Elon became more and more conservative in that aspect after working with the Chinese the past 4 years. This is why he feels like it's an emergency that the U.S may just fall behind because the Chinese doesn't spend their time complaining about workers rights, unions, long hours, water usage, cobalt in batteries, etc etc. They just work 14hr days, making money, pushing forward. "But but it's not right that their working conditions are so poor"...actually knowing the Chinese their stance is "it's not right to not willing to work but complain". To be Frank, the Chinese community really sees Americans to be laughably lazy and entitled.

Last edited:
Literally 😡. It’s discriminatory or something.

I put forth we include all the animals of the kingdom and rotate them throughout history. We could do it alphabetically like naming hurricanes.

Dead alpaca bounce.
Dead buffalo bounce.
Dead camel bounce.
Dead DOG bounce.
Dead elephant bounce.
Dead ferret bounce.
Dead gorilla bounce.
Dead hippopotamus bounce.
Dead iguana bounce.

And so on.

I'll pass your petition on to the hedgies and money managers on Wall St.

I veto dead dog bounce. My Dobermans gave me a dirty look and they scare me more than you. :cool:

Literally 😡. It’s discriminatory or something.

I put forth we include all the animals of the kingdom and rotate them throughout history. We could do it alphabetically like naming hurricanes.

Dead alpaca bounce.
Dead buffalo bounce.
Dead camel bounce.
Dead DOG bounce.
Dead elephant bounce.
Dead ferret bounce.
Dead gorilla bounce.
Dead hippopotamus bounce.
Dead iguana bounce.

And so on.
I like Dead Bear Bounce best …for B and beyond

Thats a typical rant from a notorious failure of a wannabe politician. She also failed at making video games. She is now failing at basic maths. The only thing she succeeds at is getting attention on twitter by hurling unfounded abuse at people who are normally doing way better than her in life. Its sad to see.
Exactly the sort of person who makes twitter bad. No wonder she is scared of losing her free megaphone to spout this rubbish.

Investment should not be based on being a fan.

My largest single investment by a factor of ten is TSLA and it's because I'm a Tesla fan. I am a HUGE fan of Tesla's:

* Execution and efficiency in manufacturing
* management's skill and effectiveness and core values
* products
* corporate values
* profit margins
* ESG and ethics (real not fake)
* growth rate

Being a "fan" to me means you like what you see. Of the above list I would say the most important to me is management's skill and effectiveness. I am a huge fan of the way Tesla's management creates a vision and executes on it. In my investing experience, this is the single most important factor that determines how well your investment does. I've never owned stock in a company in which management never made mistakes and that leads to why I am such a HUGE fan of Tesla's management. In hindsight they are incredibly visionary, and they make so few mistakes. Their execution has been so spot-on it's difficult for me to believe.

Can you imagine the disaster that Tela would have been had it been run by Mary Barra or Jim Farley? They would have made so many wrong strategic decisions it makes the head spin just considering all the possibilities. In my experience, good management has what I call "durability". That is, management that has proven it's effectiveness tends to not fade away but to get better with more experience. And Elon is in charge of all of Tesla's management. He has a knack for hiring and firing the right people and inspiring those under him to perform at the top of their abilities.

Yes, I'm a fan of Tesla or TSLA wouldn't have been my largest single investment for the last three years. I don't own any Twitter or Facebook because I am not a fan of their company, their management, their products or their corporate values. I highly recommend not investing in any company you don't like. It's worked spectacularly well for me over the last 30 plus years. If you find companies you like and are a fan of tend to underperform as investments, then I would suggest the problem lies with the criteria you use to decide which companies you are a fan of.

You can thank me for the spike up because I bought a little bit of protection puts.

Are you proposing that we drop all of these animals from a set height and then measure how far they bounce to see if they can be used in this metaphor?
I am trying to do the same but my platform is retuning an error as Symbol non recognized when I enter the TSLA ticker

Who is Brianna Wu, and why do any of us care? She's an American independent video game developer. Thanks internet. Never heard of her before, and I bet none of you did either.

Again, why do we care? Twitter is like that. It gives an equal voice to very important, and very unimportant people. Why spend effort responding to a random person's opinion?

He's @ 300+ production and bullish

I think investors (including me), may be underestimating Berlin and Austin for Q2. It can ramp very quickly.
Elon's comments from the Q1 earnings call:
1653318844368.png

30% of republicans buy Tesla despite knowing Elon was a democrat, most likely because the average household income for Tesla buyers are over 140k/year.
I think you meant to say "30% of Tesla buyers are republicans".
The statement you wrote implies much higher US sales volume in the past than what Tesla plans to produce by 2030 worldwide...
Mind you, that would look really nice on the balance sheet, but let's not kid ourselves ;)