Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like the top portion of this chart is missing and essential. Do you have the top half?🤔
@Sofie, My thinking was that the the current new trend line has the share price catching up with the old trend line that held from January 2020 to March 2022 to account for the hooliganism that has taken place in the past six months. Once this happens January 2023, the old trend line is restored and maintained for at least the next couple of years until 50% growth is no longer achievable. Something like this:
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.47.24 PM.png

If today's price lift-off action is any indication, my prediction may be overly pessimistic. Time will tell.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.45.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.45.04 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Covering, fomo? Either way I like it.

The number of bears posting in all of Cory’s TheStockChannel videos saying we had bull traps and they were all shorting the market and saying TSLA was going down to 400. All these bears have to cover their short positions because TSLA once again delivered an incredible earnings call even with all the grim circumstances and doom and gloom. All the bears are forced to hop on the Full bull train.

The way to fix this is for people to stop giving them attention. Watching to find out what lies they are saying is improving their ratings and sending the message that you want more of their programming. Stop giving attention to the lying media on every platform and they will go away.

I still don't understand why people watch any of them. We know they lie about Tesla, so why would anyone trust them about any other topic?
I don't.

Unfortunately lots of people for various reasons enjoy reading negative Tesla headlines so there is always a market for it and always some clown repeating it.

Reactions: larmor
The number of bears posting in all of Cory’s TheStockChannel videos saying we had bull traps and they were all shorting the market and saying TSLA was going down to 400. All these bears have to cover their short positions because TSLa once again delivered and incredible earnings calls with all the grim circumstances and doom and gloom. All the bears are joining the full bull train.
I wonder how many of those suckers were shorting right up into earnings and even this AM.

@Sofie, My thinking was that the the current new trend line has the share price catching up with the old trend line that held from January 2020 to March 2022 to account for the hooliganism that has taken place in the past six months. Once this happens January 2023, the old trend line is maintained for at least the next couple of years until 50% growth is no longer achievable. Something like this:

If today's price lift-off action is any indication, my prediction may be overly pessimistic. Time will tell.
It's pretty but I just don't get how lines drawn on a stock graph predict the future. Do people really put a lot of stock into that type of forecasting?

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope it comes true, but I'm going to keep watching corporate performance to decide what to invest in. At least both of these seem to point in the same direction at the moment!

I don't.

Unfortunately lots of people for various reasons enjoy reading negative Tesla headlines so there is always a market for it and always some clown repeating it.
Unfortunately lots of people bots for various reasons enjoy reading negative Tesla headlines so there is always a market for it and always some clown repeating it. FTFY

Pulling the curtain back on twitter, among other social medial platforms as well as the ad driven internet services, one could hypothesize that bots like reading negative headlines, and if enough of the bots read them together, they contact their friend Algo-bot, and 'wa-la' make money on small market gyrations. That is a business in of itself...

'Investors' in the short TSLQ fund have lost 20% of their money or more already.

The same firm is supposed to come out soon with a TSLA bull 2X ETF. Leveraged ETFs are risky when there's high volatility, but it would be great to hold right now.

It's pretty but I just don't get how lines drawn on a stock graph predict the future. Do people really put a lot of stock into that type of forecasting?

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope it comes true, but I'm going to keep watching corporate performance to decide what to invest in. At least both of these seem to point in the same direction at the moment!
Just showing the trend, nothing more, nothing less. If we are travelling at rate X, when do we expect to get to location Y. Follow the trend line.