Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky you! :)

But that website seems to be a bit wonky. I managed to configure a 10KW system with batteries for 200€...
Maybe there’s some location dependent stuff in the calculations that returns a zero somewhere for your location. I’ve played a bit with the various options and all prices seem very reasonable. It works on my computer :) .

Do we have any piece of info about how Musk intends to avoid a shutdown of GigaBerlin? Has he said anything about that?
As far as I know there's been no comment. But then I wouln't expect Elon to make a comment that specific about operations.

The latest info I've seen is that the German gas reserves are filling faster than expected, according to comments made by Economy Minister Robert Habeck to Der Spiegel, reducing the likeihood of rationing.
Germany: Gas storage filling up faster than expected ahead of winter | DW | 28.08.2022

"German Economy Minister Robert Habeck said that targets set by the government for the filling of gas storage facilities had been reached ahead of schedule, staving off the worst fears of severe gas shortages this winter."

Last edited:
So do we have a lower variant of Semi? See the last one in line...

Attachments

• FbRNjsuWIAAdILC~2.jpeg
    FbRNjsuWIAAdILC~2.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 101
As far as I know there's been no comment. But then I wouln't expect Elon to make a comment that specific about operations.

The latest info I've seen is that the German gas reserves are filling faster than expected, according to comments made by Economy Minister Robert Habeck to Der Spiegel, reducing the likeihood of rationing.
Germany: Gas storage filling up faster than expected ahead of winter | DW | 28.08.2022

"German Economy Minister Robert Habeck said that targets set by the government for the filling of gas storage facilities had been reached ahead of schedule, staving off the worst fears of severe gas shortages this winter."
But the total storage capacity only lasts for about 2-3 winter months. So the spice needs to keep flowing... Currently there's a gap of about 20% depending on russian supply during the next winter.

I see 4 months you're a net importer....
Well spotted, that was the 2021 data. Feb and Nov can swing either way depending on happenstance. So really it is a period of about 90-days in which a sensible-sized (max 10kWh) battery cannot realistically bridge import/export gaps for a day or so. Whether any given year is best described as being Nov/Dec/Jan or Dec/Jan/Feb is down to happenstance of weather and consumption events. Below is the 2022 (ytd) showing how finely balanced Feb-22 was as an example of this.

The data I am showing is with gas heating and gas cooking. Things will change when I make the shift to an ASHP for heating and an electric cooker. I had expected to do that this Nov/Dec-22, but I may delay my plans. I was previously quoted GBP 7k for a (Mitsubishi) ASHP, but recently the supplier has given an updated price of GBP 10k. That to my eyes is partly due to Covid/Russia-Ukraine and partly due to profiteering, and so there is a question in my mind as to whether to delay. And clearly I would like to put in a approx 10kWh battery at the same time as the ASHP, but at the moment getting supply of any battery in the UK is nigh-on impossible, let alone getting a sensible price when any battery becomes available, and you are dreaming if you think one can select a particular product/manufacturer with any meaningful supply committment. So I am wondering whether to delay ...

I can guarantuee there is next-to-zero behavioural modification, and no cleverness in the existing controls. I came home in mid-August to find one of the adults had switched the heating on .... bless. Even well educated medics can be so stupid when they are not paying the bills.

Anyway, underlying point being, most countries need to install a shed-load of wind, as well as solar, as well as storage. There ought to be some money to be made for Tesla Energy in all that, provided that Tesla Energy pulls their socks up and performs substantially better than it has done until now. I am not impressed with the performance of Tesla Energy so far.

1661769159552.png

Last edited:
Takes a bit of retrainning of the mind to get used to the new split amount.

’Hmm…down $7 in pre market, not too much…..oh wait - gotta multiply that by 3 to judge the fall in context to a week ago”.

each dollar figure move hurts/rewards so much more now.
266 is 800
250 is 750 now

Both shorts/long might not realize it and we might get oversold conditions soon …

Everyone wants a supply chain now.

Honda hoping for 40GWh/ year. Will break ground next year and plans to begin ramp to mass production by end of 2025..

Plenty of announcements lately about battery factories in USA.