Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lest we forget, many of the same entities going after TSLA on a regular basis play no favorites when it comes to manipulating stocks.

The source is 'someone familiar with the matter'. The article also continues to say, that AAPL will now only produce as 'per guidance' 90 million units instead of the additional six million units that it never officially announced it was doing anyway. This production pop was reported previously by 'sources familiar with the matter' who stated that Apple expected an additional six million unit demand from the new product launch and was pushing suppliers to meet the new demand.... which it is allegedly not pushing for anymore.

Does all of this nonsense sound familiar? It should. We see it all the time.

BTW, it also mentioned that AAPL is seeing the highest demand for its highest priced product, the Pro. All in all, I would guess that come earnings time AAPL will beat expectations.

The timing of this is impeccable. A strike against the market leader and the entire market as it was struggling to regain support levels from previous lows. Our FUDster friends are pros for a reason.

Really curious to see how TSLA does tomorrow. Which stock is going to lead the next bull market anyway?

Lest we forget, many of the same entities going after TSLA on a regular basis play no favorites when it comes to manipulating stocks.

The source is 'someone familiar with the matter'. The article also continues to say, that AAPL will now only produce as 'per guidance' 90 million units instead of the additional six million units that it never officially announced it was doing anyway. This production pop was reported previously by 'sources familiar with the matter' who stated that Apple expected an additional six million unit demand from the new product launch and was pushing suppliers to meet the new demand.... which it is allegedly not pushing for anymore.

BTW, it also mentioned that AAPL is seeing the highest demand for its highest priced product, the Pro. All in all, I would guess that come earnings time AAPL will beat expectations.

The timing of this is impeccable. A strike against the market leader and the entire market as it was struggling to regain support levels from previous lows. Our FUDster friends are pros for a reason.

Really curious to see how TSLA does tomorrow. Which stock is going to lead the next bull market anyway?
Great reminder… after all AAPL is currently the most shorted stock

hey Gary .. does apple have PR dept ;)???

$9T...where have I heard that amount before?

Oh yeah, amount of the Fed's balance sheet. :rolleyes:

CNBC: Stock market losses wipe out $9 trillion from Americans' wealth.

So let me know if I’m off base here, but with such a strong dollar, imports into the United States are significantly cheaper correct? Wouldn’t that mean that the cost of the LFP battery that Tesla imports from China for the SR Model 3 would be significantly cheaper for Q3? And would continue for as long as the dollar stays strong
I wonder if this is the reason why Tesla stop orders on the LR 3 as to only focus on imported LFPs while the dollar is strong.

I wouldn’t be surprised. If Mr.Market wants to break the double bottom and have a new leg lower, just make up demand concerns for Apple. That’ll do it for sure

Yup. When you know nothing about the company then you're an easy mark for FUD. Remember, that includes everybody here (including me), for just about every company there is. Extreme skepticism is pretty much the only way to avoid this. And even then...

Just to state the obvious, this goes for everything else that we have opinions about too.

Another way of looking at this. Giga Austin’s battery production is operating at ~0.01% of capacity.

I'm not expecting nameplate capacity to be reached until the cathode plant is up and running. Hopefully by next Summer, in time for the first CT deliveries (which kinda depends on a strong, steady stream of 4680s).

Cheers!

I'm not expecting nameplate capacity to be reached until the cathode plant is up and running. Hopefully by next Summer, in time for the first CT deliveries (which kinda depends on a strong, steady stream of 4680s).

Cheers!
I don’t expect things to lurch to nameplate capacity for some time either. Seems like production is a sort of S Curve as well. But getting up to 5-10 GW by year end seems reachable.

I put a buy order in yesterday for $300. Perhaps I have missed the boat? With resilience like this, imagine what TSLA will do if good news gets released. E.G. Q3 the delivery announcement... weekend of October 1st/2nd? (8 more trading days until then)

Haha, don't FOMO* before the FOMC meeting tomorrow... :p

Well, it's been a week now since you put in your order at $300. Did you jump on the boat, or get the 10% off sale? ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

*FOMO means there's always another chance to buy in...

I wonder if the sales of all these CCS adapters will affect the bottom line of the Supercharger side of business. Reading all the Facebook groups people are pretty pumped about using cheap CCS stations, often at half the cost of superchargers. It might not make a big difference in the coming quarter but once a few hundred thousand of these things are out there it might.

Maybe we’ll see some downward movement on Supercharger prices.

Jmho.
We've had adapters and 3/Y are even natively CCS in Europe, and it hasn't affected supercharger use much. Other charging networks are just so incredibly cumbersome to use and unreliable, also you cannot get quite as good charging speeds as with SC.

Granted some people will try to save a few pennies, but most imo will choose convenience and reliability.

We've had adapters and 3/Y are even natively CCS in Europe, and it hasn't affected supercharger use much. Other charging networks are just so incredibly cumbersome to use and unreliable, also you cannot get quite as good charging speeds as with SC.

Granted some people will try to save a few pennies, but most imo will choose convenience and reliability.
There are SCs in the UK which you need an adaptor for. For the last couple of years we've been taking my Model S down to Land End for our Summer holidays. The SC network had improved markedly over the last three or four years, first to make it possible to get there by Tesla, and now to make it frankly a breeze (if you can charge at your destination). Anyway, a new SC location opened up just 35 miles from our destination so we skipped our usual lunch stop SC and on the advice of onboard Nav headed for the new SC. Half way there I noticed a warning on the screen, "adaptor required to use SC". There followed a nervous drive to find out whether we could even use the SC. Of course there's an adaptor in the black bag, but I've only ever opened it once, so I had no idea what was in it! Apologies for OT

I think Elon had something to do with iPhone 14 flop.
Any T-Mobile phone would be able to send text or make phone call with satellite coverage next year, this single handedly destroyed the biggest selling point of iPhone 14. I for one would be waiting for iPhone 15.
This has everything to do with an underwhelming product, and nothing about consumer confidence.
“Flop” might be a strong word. iPhone will probably have it’s best quarter ever this q4.
The 14 pro take rate is looking very good and it has a lot of other selling points besides satellite connectivity. Keep in mind, iPhone satellite connectivity is global while Starlink on T-mobile is just North America for now.

Last edited:
“Flop” might be a strong word. iPhone will probably have it’s best quarter ever this q4.
The 14 pro take rate is looking very good and it has a lot of other selling points besides satellite connectivity. Keep in mind, iPhone satellite connectivity is global while Starlink on T-mobile is just North America for now.
Also Elon Musk has reported that they are working with Apple to get the iphone 14s working with the regular starlink feed, The iphone 14 is the first with satellite connectivity. Bit of a major feature methinks. Mine is on order.

Not worldwide:
"Emergency SOS via satellite is available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada."
from Use Emergency SOS via satellite on your iPhone 14

bit OT - just for reference, this is "the competition" - Garmin inReach Satelitte SOS device - feels like 90s all over again, watch from the 5min mark:

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Ogre and friit
Something to think about:

Declining oil prices are really a US-only phenomenon. Between the dollar rising in value and Brent-WTI spreads widening from ~$2 to almost $10 now, the US is the only major country where oil prices are below their January average:

01/2022avg → today
🇺🇸 $83.22 → $78.80
🇨🇳 ¥549.97 → ¥626.03
🇪🇺 €76.47 → €90.50
🇯🇵 ¥9,942 → ¥12,522
🇬🇧 £60.28 → £81.64
🇦🇺 $120.59 → $135.18
🇨🇦 $105.05 → $108.55
🇷🇺 ₽6,619 → ₽3,990
🇨🇭 ₣73.53 → ₣85.60
🇸🇪 kr792.22 → kr1,031.70
🇳🇴 kr765.46→ kr947.61
🇩🇰 kr568.93 → kr673.32
🇳🇿 $128.38 → $154.04

The major exception is Russia, which after Europe stopped selling them imports, saw their trade surplus and currency soar, while simultaneously having to sell their oil at a ~$20 discount. This is now starting to severely impact their finances, as Russia is not a low cost producer the surplus over extraction costs (probably around ₽3,000/b) has dropped considerably.

Last edited: