Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend forced to drive a Volvo EV as the company car after

No that question is perfect. Would love nothing more than to have Elon completely rejecting it in the short term and have this question leading to a massive sell off as it explodes in shareholder's faces hoping for short term gain.
We are definitely due for, and owed, a massive sell off. 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
and I'm willing to bet that they're pretty tired at this point.
I loved your point up until I read the very last line...What makes you think this?

Edit: Also, I owe you a reply on CANbus stuff...will do that in the eng thread when I get a chance to write more...

Are the markets really going to into the weekend and into Monday with Tesla under 210?!?
Yes. New 52-week Low set today.

(Wouldn't the short sellers want to close?)

Perhaps a larger issue is that day traders don't want to hold over the weekend, so move into cash b4 the Close.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: elasalle
Yes. New 52-week Low set today.

Perhaps a larger issue is that day traders don't want to hold over the weekend, and move into cash b4 the Close.
Wouldn't be surprised if Monday brings a flash crash for the market. Even if the market doesn't, I definitely see hedgies dropping TSLA through 200 like butter to collect on those stop losses and trigger more margin calls before earnings.

Wouldn't be surprised if Monday brings a flash crash for the market. Even if the market doesn't, I definitely see hedgies dropping TSLA through 200 like butter to collect on those stop losses and trigger more margin calls before earnings.
Damn man, when will you take off those rose-tinted glasses? It's always unicorns and rainbows with you!

As always, it is "people familiar with the situation" so who knows what to believe.

As always, when REUTERS posts a hit piece with a click-bait title at the Market Opening on an Options Expiry Friday, turns out they're lying thru their teeth.

Shortzes pay REUTERS to recycle this garbage from their bad reporting in Q1. Its comical how many people ignore this coincidence, yet accept the underlying lie without applying critical thinking.

Last edited:
Damn man, when will you take off those rose-tinted glasses? It's always unicorns and rainbows with you!
Put yourself in the shoes of hedge funds :

You just got TSLA to post a new low for the year. You have TSLA a mere 2.5% away from breaking a major round number where there's bound to be tons of stop loss orders. You know there's a lot of investors on margin (especially in retail) are already strained to the max. A quick 10% drop from here will cause a ton of margin calls.

There's no way hedge funds don't throw an obscene amount of money at pushing TSLA lower on Monday and Tuesday of next week. Hell they might even go for it today in the last 15 mins of trading.

You just got TSLA to post a new low for the year. You have TSLA a mere 2.5% away from breaking a major round number where there's bound to be tons of stop loss orders. You know there's a lot of investors on margin (especially in retail) are already strained to the max. A quick 10% drop from here will cause a ton of margin calls.

There's no way hedge funds don't throw an obscene amount of money at pushing TSLA lower on Monday and Tuesday of next week. Hell they might even go for it today in the last 15 mins of trading.
You sure its not Elon selling??

/s

Well judging by the increase in volume I’m guessing margin calls went out in the afternoon which was good enough to break our 52 week low. Stay safe!