Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe rental car companies would be eligible under the commercial clean vehicles tax credit section of the IRA.
But, the cars already purchased by Hertz, et al, would not be eligible for the tax credit correct? It would only apply to cars purchased January 1, 2023 and after I would think.

Maniac? Its the only reasonable thing to do if you have any money. Too bad I got nothing left :(
Cybertruck protoypes spotted. Semi's to be delivered in less than two months with 500 mile range loaded. Market forgets that sales + new products lines + increasing gas prices results in more traction for tesla.

The source was two experts close to the company.

So these guys live in Bradenburg? Or did they happen to be parked outside GigaBerlin when the article was written?
I've no idea.

But I am certain that building which is intended to house the 4680 cell lines won't be powered by dried unicorn tears.

Hence my comment in :#370,054

Reactions: AZRI11
Acquired (delivery) date is what matters. Initial order date is irrelevant (other that a brief period between passing and signing IRA, which didn't impact Tesla).
In service you're correct, delivery is when the warranty starts. But any money exchanged when the vehicles are sold is held as a liability until delivery, at which point it can be booked as revenue (which I know you know already). Perhaps Hertz actually paid (will pay) for them after delivery and acceptance, but I don't know the terms of the contract... maybe we'll see in the footnotes of the P&L statement this quarter (for the Y's at least).

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Cybertruck protoypes spotted. Semi's to be delivered in less than two months with 500 mile range loaded. Market forgets that sales + new products lines + increasing gas prices results in more traction for tesla.
And the ever illusive credit ratings upgrades from Moody and Fitch to investment grade....per their items Tesla is missing, like new models!

I've no idea.

But I am certain that building which is intended to house the 4680 cell lines won't be powered by dried unicorn tears.

You mean the building that doesn't currently build anything and for which there's no plan have it build anything in the future?

I think your concern that an empty building may not have enough power 2.5 months from now is a bit irrational.

There are plenty of battery cells available.

I've no idea.

Hence my comment in :#370,054
I think what you wrote may be 100% on target. I considered it myself wondering where Tesla can devote resources for maximum returns. Tesla claimed no shortage of batteries for the first time in their history a few months ago. Slow walking Berlin and going nuts with Austin makes sense for energy and logistics. Europe needs some visibility for certain in regards to industry and right priced energy.

Manufacturer'd drop, I would bet on it:

Big Oil is making money hand over fist right now, they are most likely pouring those profits into shorting the EV sector.

This is a MAJOR reason I believe a buyback is a good idea. It would help reduce the float on shares outstanding.

I also encourage EVERYONE HERE to call up their broker and make sure their broker is NOT lending out their shares for shorting (many brokers will do this by default unless you tell them explicitly not to).

Last edited:
Are the markets really going to into the weekend and into Monday with Tesla under 210?!?

(Wouldn't the short sellers want to close?)
If you like to lose money, there always is option to buy some lotto plays for next week ;) Added some $230 calls for ~ 2.50 -- let's see what power hour brings forth.
Get rich or die tryin ;) ... not advice, just my 50 cents ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: UltradoomY