Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Troy Teslike posted a bearish forecast for Q3 earlier and then retracted it with a new forecast that is now a beat. His GM estimate was 25.x% and now 27.9%. Tesla was dropping on his earlier forecast and is recovering after his update.
With all due respect to Troy, I'm pretty sure his Tweets have little bearing on the stock price, or anything outside of the TSLA bubbleverse

I suspect rather the news that Apple is ramping-down iPhone 14 Max production, combined with the incessant verbal diarrhoea from one of the FEDiots, is the likely root-cause of the general market dump starting at 14:37

Troy Teslike posted a bearish forecast for Q3 earlier and then retracted it with a new forecast that is now a beat. His GM estimate was 25.x% and now 27.9%. Tesla was dropping on his earlier forecast and is recovering after his update.

Priceless! And all for the low, low price of 40 pieces of silver. /S
*FED inflation adjusted.

Now updated with @Troy and Tesla Economist numbers:

1666123313498.png

So I just created this really long doc of articles, videos, and books that I've read over the past decade for my brother-in-law and this is one of the vids in it. I just rewatched it and thought I'd share it out again since earnings day is tomorrow. Man do I miss Jack...wish he was here to see all this growth.

Edit: he says Shanghai is going to go crazy and well, it did. :)

Hello sports fans! We are now 200 games into what has become a very forgettable season, but there is still plenty of time to turn things around. Maybe tomorrow's team status from Coach Elon will shake off the losing stench.

Today
Close:220.19
Margin of W/L:0.84
Volume:70,851,141
High - Low:12.57
Season
Record:101-990.505
Total margin of wins:830.93
Total margin of losses:-963.00
YTD gain/loss:-132.07-49.2%
Price/52 week high53.1%
Best Win:47.67Jan 3
Worst Loss:-40.53Apr 26
Last 10:4-6
Streak:W2
Avg margin of victory:8.23
Avg margin of defeat:-9.73
Avg Volume:70,640,062
Avg Volume of Last 10:78,767,326
Avg High - Low:15.13
Avg H - L of Last 10:12.62

I can set up a second table for that next quarter for just TMC member estimates.
I went ahead and made one so we can have it for this quarter. As long as nobody vandalizes it or accidentally overwrites the numbers then this spreadsheet should work fine.

Again, not on the chart with my .83 estimate. 😔
I got you...was that GAAP or non-GAAP?

That's a very generous offer by @The Accountant to compile TMC member earnings estimates for future quarters. I have an earnings model I'm very excited to put into action and share with fellow TMC members. To save @The Accountant and myself the dinking around reporting my estimates at various points as the quarters progress, I'll just disclose the formula I have developed so he can easily compile my earnings estimates with other submittals. It takes into account most of what we know about Tesla, the new things we learn each week, but is elegant and simple to calculate. The formula at any point in time is:

X + $0.01 (where X= The Accountants most recent estimate)

I won't always be correct, but I think you guys will be impressed with how well such a simple formula works most of the time!
I've added your X+$0.01 to the spreadsheet ;)