Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also wonder what type of computer hardware they currently have, and the amount of electricity used by that hardware.

Of course hardware will get cheaper and more efficient, but it helps to start out cheaper and efficient.
Don't know if this is true, but I've read the entire trunk is full of hardware for compute. That's not a great sign for efficiency.

This 109mi max range isn't great, either.

Shoes, dropping.

big-balls.gif

Source: Big Balls GIF - Big Balls - Discover & Share GIFs

• Funny
Reactions: ZeApelido
I suppose?

But it would be a crappy investment in time because it would be so trivial to get caught for something so blatant. It's not like diesel gate or many other cheating scandals where it would be difficult to discover. It is low reward, high chance of discovery, and high penalty for getting caught.

Not exactly something Tesla would invest time/ energy into doing.
Sure. But there's a fundamental difference between stuff you wouldn't do because "you might get caught" and because "it makes no sense". Not suggesting Tesla would do either.

So we could get a bunch of cars with a max charging rate of 100kWh back up the gen 3 (and eventually gen 4) chargers?

I’m pretty sure Tesla has granted reciprocal access to their patents so GM could build a charging network with the Tesla format at any time.

Or adopt the Tesla charging standard and work with EA or adopt the Tesla charging standard and pay/ work with Tesla for access to Tesla chargers.
Tesla has granted “Reciprocal” access to patents. As in “You get access to our patents and we get access to yours”.

Few companies are willing to accept those terms.

Also, I suspect few companies are willing to adopt a “standard” Tesla created and set regardless. It’s all, stupid particularly now that I’ve used the CCS charger which is kind of gross.

Aside from all of this, so far Tesla has not opened up their charger network. I expect they will soon, but for the moment anyhow, there is no network these other brands of cars could use.

Tesla has granted “Reciprocal” access to patents. As in “You get access to our patents and we get access to yours”.

Few companies are willing to accept those terms.

Also, I suspect few companies are willing to adopt a “standard” Tesla created and set regardless. It’s all, stupid particularly now that I’ve used the CCS charger which is kind of gross.

Aside from all of this, so far Tesla has not opened up their charger network. I expect they will soon, but for the moment anyhow, there is no network these other brands of cars could use.

Not sure why this needs to be Tesla’s burden by themselves. Pretty sure GM / Ford’s patents are not very valuable to Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Skryll
Cruise expands its robotaxi service in San Francisco:

View attachment 870027
Interesting. If you compare the detail on the two maps you find areas that used to be covered(*) that are not any more, and if I'm remembering the layout of San Francisco correctly some of them are near Market St and Golden Gate Park, definitely high traffic areas.

(*): I avoided the word "worked".